Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Knights of the Chalice 2 Thread - Augury of Chaos

Darth Canoli

Arcane
The fact that we are discussing if he managed worse graphics than KOTC(1) is ... scary. They were pretty bad. What I especially hated though was the font used :P

:shitposting:

Shitting over masterpieces and yet, you choose your avatar from a sandbox game, boring, repetitive and with no depth at all. (Oh, it has nice drawings, let's spend 200 hours doing the same boring thing over and over again )

PrettyDeadman

The fact that we are discussing if he managed worse graphics than KOTC(1) is ... scary. They were pretty bad. What I especially hated though was the font used :P
I loved KOTC 1 graphics and presentation (including menus and fonts) and I love KOTC 2 graphics and presentation!

Jimmious

Arcane
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I loved KOTC 1 graphics and presentation (including menus and fonts) and I love KOTC 2 graphics and presentation!
Hated presentation of KOTC1, KOTC2 looks fine to me. Much clearer and easy to see what's up

Jimmious

Arcane
Patron

:shitposting:

Shitting over masterpieces and yet, you choose your avatar from a sandbox game, boring, repetitive and with no depth at all. (Oh, it has nice drawings, let's spend 200 hours doing the same boring thing over and over again )
Buhuhuhhu the game that you like is worse than the game that I like!!
*I liked the GAME, I didn't like the presentation. Am I allowed of this criticism or this masterpiece is above any?

Darth Canoli

Arcane
Bitching over KotOR1 graphics is lame enough but doing so in a thread about KotC where it's clear Pierre Begue and KotC players don't care at all about it is just like pissing against the wind.

So you got your free golden shower, deal with it ...

Jimmious

Arcane
Patron
If they don't care at all about it then they can ignore my comments instead of getting butthurt and defensive, right? :roll:

Serus

Arcane
Patron
Playing a KotC sequel with good graphics would feel awkward anyway. :smug:
The only thing that matters is for the crazy Frenchman to not starve before finishing this game. I normally don't do kickstarters but in this case I am willing to help enrich his diet to increase the odds of getting the game I want. He has already proven that he knows what good encounter design is so there is a good chance it will be an even better game, regardless of graphics. I have more faith in this project than the other one - Pierre unlike those Germans has proven his ability to deliver a good DnD-based game before AND on top of that his project is a lot less ambitious and more focused.

Mortmal

Arcane
Anyone kvetching about graphics in a KotC thread deserves to be watchwitzed.
No its not about graphism its about presentation, roll 20, FG2 tokens would do a lot better .It should be possible to have something looking like that:

Btw try FG2 , especially for your D&D 5E sessions, its incredible how automated it can be . Their combat tracker is wonderful tracking,applying automaticaly regen, buffs and debuffs. You just have to click and drag an ability hyperlink (spells , attacks) to a token and it auto calculate saves .A lot better than the free shit.

Self-Ejected

aweigh

Self-Ejected
everyone loved kotc1 graphics. seriously, what's not to love? they lent a lot of charm to the game.

kotc2 graphics are baffling, seriously can't imagine what autism was necessary to switch to tokens and no environments, but the game itself will (probably) be orgasmic so whatever!

EDIT: BTW, whatever that game is above (i think "FG2"? whatever that is) looks good. now that's a much better implementation of a board game aesthetic.

EDIT 2x: The tokens bumping into each other during melee attacks is really bad... would've preferred a static slashing effect of some sort, a la Elminage/Wiz-clones. Tokens bumping into each other is just blegh.

Last edited:

Mortmal

Arcane
everyone loved kotc1 graphics. seriously, what's not to love? they lent a lot of charm to the game.

kotc2 graphics are baffling, seriously can't imagine what autism was necessary to switch to tokens and no environments, but the game itself will (probably) be orgasmic so whatever!

EDIT: BTW, whatever that game is above (i think "FG2"? whatever that is) looks good. now that's a much better implementation of a board game aesthetic.

EDIT 2x: The tokens bumping into each other during melee attacks is really bad... would've preferred a static slashing effect of some sort, a la Elminage/Wiz-clones. Tokens bumping into each other is just blegh.

It's fantasy grounds 2 yes and its an old screenshot, it looks even better now next time ill post screenshots of some of my sessions.

Martyr

Arcane
Mortmal if I buy either the Standard or the Ultimate version of Fantasy Grounds on their website, do I get a steam key or a DRM-free version or both??

Mortmal

Arcane
Mortmal if I buy either the Standard or the Ultimate version of Fantasy Grounds on their website, do I get a steam key or a DRM-free version or both??
I bought a standard edition, years ago before it was even on steam, then lately applied key to steam and it was immediately added to library without trouble.You get both versions.

Martyr

Arcane
I bought a standard edition, years ago before it was even on steam, then lately applied key to steam and it was immediately added to library without trouble.You get both versions.
thanks, this game looks extremely interesting !

Serus

Arcane
Patron

It's fantasy grounds 2 yes and its an old screenshot, it looks even better now next time ill post screenshots of some of my sessions.
Never played a pnp using any tools like this. It actually even looks nice. Shame for the pricing.

Mortmal

Arcane

Never played a pnp using any tools like this. It actually even looks nice. Shame for the pricing.
There's so many quality of life improvement with this, you cant do without, you just cant go back to the cheap stuff after that .As for the price its also years of support and updates included 39$ but everyone need a copy, or an hefty 149$ but you can invite as many freeloaders you want. At least you get a more mature crowd that way.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Nobody posted about this, but the Kickstarter was delayed again: http://www.heroicfantasygames.com/Forums/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=759#p5095

There is no joy for me in delaying the KS yet again. After all, it means that I have to keep living with extremely little money for a longer period of time. But it does seem to be best for me to delay it to 15 January 2019. The period from 15 January to 19 February seems best, for the following reasons:

1) It gives me two months to complete the prologue adventure Augury of Chaos, make the video(s), the KS page and required web pages.

2) It avoids the 'dead zone' of Christmas and New Year, when many people spend time offline with their family and friends rather than online looking for projects to back on KS.

3) Tuesday is the best day to start a KS and the 15th of every month is a pay day for many people. Tuesday is also a good day to end a KS.

http://www.heroicfantasygames.com/Forums/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=769

November 2018 Update
by BlueSalamander » Thu Nov 22, 2018 7:06 am

Here is a small update on the development of Knights of the Chalice 2. Well, I'm still working on content production. I need to save time, so I will just make a few comments and provide eight screenshots (please see below and click on a picture to enlarge it).

The first module, Augury of Chaos, now has three recruitable companions. I'm testing and fixing their dialogues now. After that, I've got to continue adding encounters to the High Sewers map.

Before joining the party, one of the recruitable companions will ask several questions about the party's goals and desires, and that companion's reaction will depend on the selected answers. I think that dialogues designed like a personality quiz can be very entertaining. The NPC does not need to reply to each specific answer, but each answer affects one or several scores that reflect your personality.

Maphistor, a tough demon that appeared in KotC 1, is back! It is optional content. If he appears, you can either ignore him, fight him or ally with him (and receive an artifact).

In the Creature Editor, I've added new buttons that allow you to create (and level-up) a new creature or companion using the same interface that you use when you start the game or level-up characters in-game. When you use this interface to create an NPC, you are limited to the Player-Character races and subraces.

As an additional KS stretch goal, I've thought about a new arcane caster class, possibly called Arcanist, who will get free metamagic feats at level 1 and zero spell-level cost for using all metamagic feats. All his spells can be maximised or empowered or widened for free. But he will have fewer daily spell slots than the Wizard, probably 3/3/2/2/2/2/2 by level 20, not including bonus spell slots from having a high Charisma.

That's it for now! January 2019 will be upon us in a flash, so I'm doing my best to complete the prologue adventure before doing anything else. Thank you for reading!

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
4.jpg

"Well, hello, beautiful."

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom