Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Knights of the Chalice 2 Thread - Augury of Chaos

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
and your pledge tier (privately).

Is this actually necessary? This was asked by Pierre's backer survey. So if he sends the survey to everybody who only pledged through the Codex fundraiser, he can get all the information he needs.

Last edited:

Dickie

Arcane
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Hmm... I was only able to see 4 of my characters in the inventory and formation screens, so I decided I'd try saving and quitting and reloading. Well, now my entire party is just four characters...

VentilatorOfDoom

Administrator
Staff Member
OK, I provided all necessary data to Pierre. I guess you guys want to play the game, right? Let's see how quickly DarkUnderlord sents the money to Pierre and how quickly Pierre sends out download links.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
OK, I provided all necessary data to Pierre. I guess you guys want to play the game, right? Let's see how quickly DarkUnderlord sents the money to Pierre and how quickly Pierre sends out download links.

Ideally BlueSalamander should first send his backer survey to the email addresses in our list of backers, just in case any of those people want their accounts associated with a different email address.

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
My email is the same for codex and PayPal. I guess that all i can do now is wait for DU to send Pierre the money.

Last edited:

Dickie

Arcane
Patron
Game crashed when I tried to have a character help out with the skull puzzle in the second room. Game seems really great so far, though. I like all the extra things your party skills let you do. Helped out a skeleton and got a cool gem and some advice that allowed me to trade for a +1 flaming flail for only 199 gold, and that was just in the first five minutes.

Lilliput McHammersmith

OK guys testing on WINE(on Linux) and it gets to the main menu and the music plays and everything, but selecting Augury of Chaos from the module list causes it to freeze up. It's supposed to have a voice say "Module Selected" and then go to the Character screen. It hangs for a while on the Please Wait screen and the voice never comes, and then it goes to the Character screen, but the mouse is frozen. I have a feeling that the voice file is the issue here, but I'm not sure yet.

Doctor Sbaitso

SO, TELL ME ABOUT YOUR PROBLEMS.
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Grab the Codex by the pussy Serpent in the Staglands
Or locating the module. Suspect Wine config. Strace is your friend.

Would be nice to have this for the weekend but after 11 years I can wait some hours for Pierre to get organized. Now all of a sudden the switch is flipped and the weight of expectation is settling on him.

Last edited:

Falkner

Thread Decliner
Patron
Wasteland 2
OK guys testing on WINE(on Linux) and it gets to the main menu and the music plays and everything, but selecting Augury of Chaos from the module list causes it to freeze up. It's supposed to have a voice say "Module Selected" and then go to the Character screen. It hangs for a while on the Please Wait screen and the voice never comes, and then it goes to the Character screen, but the mouse is frozen. I have a feeling that the voice file is the issue here, but I'm not sure yet.
I'm using it in a 64-bit prefix using Proton with dotnet40 and xna40 installed (older prefix I used for Voidspire Tactics). Works until character creation (haven't gone further yet).

Lilliput McHammersmith

It's certainly possible, but I suspect the audio files for two reasons now. First, KOTC1 works perfectly in WINE except the music. Second, clicking on the Options menu item in the main menu creates a weird audio bug, where the clicking sound is repeated infinitely.

I am also running WINE on Slackware at the moment. I will try to run it on Debian and see what happens.

Lilliput McHammersmith

I'm using it in a 64-bit prefix using Proton with dotnet40 and xna40 installed (older prefix I used for Voidspire Tactics). Works until character creation (haven't gone further yet).
Yeah I'll try xna40 and dotnet40. Might work. Have you gotten KOTC1 with music working on any prefix?

Doctor Sbaitso

SO, TELL ME ABOUT YOUR PROBLEMS.
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Grab the Codex by the pussy Serpent in the Staglands
It's certainly possible, but I suspect the audio files for two reasons now. First, KOTC1 works perfectly in WINE except the music. Second, clicking on the Options menu item in the main menu creates a weird audio bug, where the clicking sound is repeated infinitely.

I am also running WINE on Slackware at the moment. I will try to run it on Debian and see what happens.

Slackware! A man of distinguished tastes.
:excellent:

I still suggest attaching strace to the process to get answers. Although you experience the sound loop, it could be repeated failed attempts to locate the module path. Call it a hunch.

Lilliput McHammersmith

Slackware! A man of distinguished tastes.
:excellent:

I still suggest attaching strace to the process to get answers. Although you experience the sound loop, it could be repeated failed attempts to locate the module path. Call it a hunch.
Haha yes I love Slackware, it's great.

But yeah I'm unable to get it to run from the command line at the moment. I'm going to take a look at the .desktop entry to see how it's calling the executable, and see if I can get it to run.

Falkner

Thread Decliner
Patron
Wasteland 2
Yeah I'll try xna40 and dotnet40. Might work. Have you gotten KOTC1 with music working on any prefix?
Never tried it.

Edit: Nope. No music.

Last edited:

Strange Fellow

Peculiar
Patron
In true old-school form I've now remade 6 characters probably three times each, because there's no option to edit them and I picked the wrong race or named them wrong or whatever. Now it's time to see how a party full of unoptimised products of LARP will fare in Pierre's Mountains of Munchkinism. I have no desire to look through fifteen pages of feats most of which give +1 DR to AC on spell saves versus reflex per fortitude level of caster thank you very much.

Anyway, none of the race/class checks work properly and the game crashed immediately.

Lilliput McHammersmith

In true old-school form I've now remade 6 characters probably three times each, because there's no option to edit them and I picked the wrong race or named them wrong or whatever. Now it's time to see how a party full of unoptimised products of LARP will fare in Pierre's Mountains of Munchkinism. I have no desire to look through fifteen pages of feats most of which give +1 DR to AC on spell saves versus reflex per fortitude level of caster thank you very much.

Anyway, none of the race/class checks work properly and the game crashed immediately.

That happened to me too on the first play, but then it worked after I launched it again.

You can edit names and portraits after creation, but you'll have to remove them from the party and add them again to get the changes reflected.

Mortmal

Arcane
It's me or its absurdly hard ? Did the lieutenants fights, then was sent to lower sewers without any equipement, i managed to proceed till goblins , two way to go mimics or goblins, both encounters give them a surprise round when the adventurers really shouldnt be surprised to be attacked there and down half the party .before you can even act...It feels like i missed a whole dungeon to level up before.

Falkner

Thread Decliner
Patron
Wasteland 2
So, I'll probably go for this:

Mantis Monk
Northerner Samurai
Sylvan Paladin
Lightfoot Cleric
Stygian Psionicist
Human Rogue

Not sure if this constitutes a lack of arcane spellcasters, though.

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut I'm very into cock and ball torture
I haven't ready anything about this game (other than what I know from KOTC 1) and so seeing all those races and classes is just making me mash F5 on my email like a madman.

Lilliput McHammersmith

Does anyone know how to level up your characters? Can't find the option anywhere. Are you supposed to go to a training hall?

OK I'm dumb. It will appear as a little star when your character is ready to level up next to their name.

udm

Arcane
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again!
Looks like the SJWs already arrived to shit on KotC2's monocled design decisions:

unknown.png

unknown.png

unknown.png

unknown.png

unknown.png

unknown.png

tl;dr: someone who claims not to be a rabid progressive gets overly emotional about KotC2 giving different stat bonuses to male and female characters, and when I defend the game's decision he calls me a retarded troglodyte.

Jesus Christ this guy...

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut I'm very into cock and ball torture
Though, to be fair, this remark here...

f9d9955eed27625d79a9b0f586a334e9.png

Is also sig-worthy. Dropping your IQ...
You have to be very smart to play KOTC 2.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom