Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Kodex Kommunistic Kastle. Fortress. Dwarf Fortress.

vazha

Arcane
It wasn't by her own volition. She HAD to return. :sighs wearily:

Anyhow, the promised interview template.

1. We'll start with this classic:
Only of course instead of the word gay, we'll use "elf". It's not like they aren't synonymous anyway. So something along those lines:
- Why are you an elf?
- Who says I am an elf?
- But you're an elf. You are a transgressor. Treehugger? Leaf-licker?

2. Continue with Paxo

Now what we'll do here is we'll ask her - "Did you betray your own race?". Repeatedly. Like, 14 times or so. Like Paxman did, bless his soul. Hammer the renegade bitch right proper.

3. Crown it with some Oscar-worthy exchange

Now this is the tricky part. We're going to try and get a line, if not an outright admission. Double edged questions like "Would you do it again today?" and "If you were to win an upcoming war against elves, does it mean you're no longer a war criminal?", or "What would be the political cost for Redlabored (I assume the other kingdoms wont take too kindly) to offer you shelter and potentially an official position?" should work fine, methinks. It's hard to do follow-up questions without knowing her answers, mayhaps she's going to admit it all halfway through and start sobbing, who knows.

Last edited:

Reinhardt

Arcane
M-m-m-m... Bonaz-z-z...

1ypCs4l.png

baud

Arcane
Patron
RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
sU7cUKl.png
All those talks of dissent... Would the sacrifice of my love (and Baud, don't forget him, never forget him, he stood with her until the end) be in vain as the fortress descend in anarchy? What should I do? Daddy is useless here, he won't take any stance, too busy drinking. And I'm all alone, while Unib rests in a cold grave... At least I think Baud would stick up for Grimwulf and do some propaganda like this:

8w5QRwa.png
ltt1mSi.png

:negative:I can't compose propaganda pictures to save my life, I spent a long time trying to fit the various elements together and at the end, I threw everything away and just modified one I found. I tried to imitate the composition of this picture, but it just didn't work. Citizen's one is way better in that regard.

Last edited:

Grimwulf

Arcane
Patron
Vatnik
1st Limestone, 126, Early Autumn
Redlabored, Kommissar's Quarters

4o6H0Qw.png
We can expect 8 babies in Autumn, Kommisar Grimwulf.

lLtAqSI.png
EIGHT?! This is a disaster! HOW do they find time for SEX with our lack of beds and all that work left unfinished??

DUelvJM.png
Are you quite sure about that number, doctor?

4o6H0Qw.png
Of course I am! Unless the Gods intervene. Gods hate children, as all of you surely know.

lLtAqSI.png
I want to punish someone for no reason. SPIGOT!

KuUlcLF.png
WHAT?!

lLtAqSI.png
The newspaper says you are the one to blame for our current sorry state. I tend to agree. It is your fault we had to seal ourselves, and it was YOUR booze that caused so many pregnancies in my fortress! The komrades will decide your fate during elections.

KuUlcLF.png
This is all nonsense. regardless of any completely unrelated punishment, I plan to run for Broker again during the next elections, and I think most dwarfs appreciate RESULTS. both of these dopes will just be the new Azira, completely worthless. I get RESULTS, like that time I got some clothes, nuts and a lion tamarin for FREE from some traders of indeterminate race.

1tkud7F.png
I can relate to that. In the end, results are the only measure of a dwarf's competence.

lLtAqSI.png
Don't even get me fucking STARTED, Hailey! If I was a ship, YOU would be the goddamn anchor!

1tkud7F.png
Some ships need to be held in place if you know what I mean.

lLtAqSI.png
I don't. Now get out and undo your sabotage! MAKE THIS FORTRESS WORK, YOU GIANT HELLISH TURTLE! GO!!

1tkud7F.png
*walks outside with an evil smile*

lLtAqSI.png
Kalin! You draft every old, crippled, and retarded dwarf into the military, not to mention they are all COWARDS! But drafting a newborn baby is crossing the line!

TWOnKLq.png
Sheeesh! Aways pesturing me! Franky can dual-weld axe an babby, but ya know... Im feelin genruz... FINE, Imma let her go.! Won evan ask for replays dorf, so how abaut u owe me DOUBLE favore now? Gud deal rite there!

lLtAqSI.png
No favors for you. You have yet to prove yourself.

TWOnKLq.png

lLtAqSI.png
But you'll be thrilled to know I've designed a prison. *unrolls a scroll with schemes on his table*

ezQOah6.png

lLtAqSI.png
Look at this shit, Kalin. Look!

CFQQSFK.png

TWOnKLq.png
Feh. Not enuff prisun cells.

lLtAqSI.png
Each one will hold two prisoners, two beds, one chair, and one water well. And chains, naturally. Which makes this prison capable of holding 32 inmates in total.

DUelvJM.png
Water wells WHEN?

lLtAqSI.png
DAMMIT, Psychoo! I had a special moment here, thinking about prisons and inmates! You ruined it.

Meanwhile in Andnjord's Workshop

kCv2T60.png
*forging copper picks* Such a waste of my talents...

1tkud7F.png
Andnjord, my noble friend!

kCv2T60.png
Greetings, o powerful one. How was the meeting?

1tkud7F.png
As usual. Kommissar prefers loud screaming to effective leadership.

kCv2T60.png
I see. What now? Are we going to focus on Redlabored?

1tkud7F.png
On the contrary. I will assign new miners and order them to dig deeper. That way we can equip our loyalists with better weapons. And keep the lower tier for the KKK brigade

kCv2T60.png
Our loyalists..?

0UY8kAw.png
*crawls outside from a wooden bin nearby*

1tkud7F.png
Lizzurd is one of us.

0UY8kAw.png
Kek.

kCv2T60.png
Why were you hiding in a bin?

0UY8kAw.png
My daughter is hunting me.

1tkud7F.png
Are you with us, Andnjord? Are you ready to overthrow Kommissar Grimwulf?

0UY8kAw.png
MAIDAN!

kCv2T60.png
I cannot in good conscience betray my Kommissar and the laws of Redlabored. But since you did set up my smithy, I won't inform the Kommissar of your betrayal either. Just... leave me out of this. *walks away*

1tkud7F.png
... Disappointing.

0UY8kAw.png
Yes.

1tkud7F.png
What is "Maidan" anyway?

0UY8kAw.png
Wanted to name my daughter Maidan.

1tkud7F.png

0UY8kAw.png
Maidan Soakedbush. Kek.

1tkud7F.png

0UY8kAw.png
My wife insisted to name her Rigoth Beantomb instead. You get it, yes? Beantomb? As in, tomb for my beans? No?

1tkud7F.png
... Anyway, we have much work to do before the upcoming elections. We must convert as many komrades as possible to our cause. Redlabored has been tortured by Grimwulf for too long. It's time for Kalin to replace him.

0UY8kAw.png
I support you, Helly. Kalin is a surely a better Kommissar thфn Grimwulf! You may not be perfect but only you know how to manage the fortress properly. And Kalin? He is the only one around here who is actually doing something to defend the kommunity. Kekeke

Later that day
Redlabored, 21 levels below the ground

AqBI4en.png

44fJDgQ.png
3xknlxr.png
jUUDMXQ.png
*mining downwards*

XHw0wrF.png
2UdVrLA.png
*approaching the miners*

44fJDgQ.png
*wipes the sweat from his forehead* Huh? What are you doing here, Sukhavati?

XHw0wrF.png
*raises pickaxe* What do you think?

jUUDMXQ.png
Helly sent you to the mines again?

XHw0wrF.png
Nothing surprises me at this point. Make way. *starts mining*

2UdVrLA.png
I was assigned as a miner too.

jUUDMXQ.png
3xknlxr.png
*ignoring Lithium Flower*

44fJDgQ.png
Traitors should be executed. Not sentenced to working in the mines. *spits and turns away*

2UdVrLA.png

3xknlxr.png
HALT!

XHw0wrF.png
What's wrong?

3xknlxr.png
Step back. MOVE!

XHw0wrF.png
2UdVrLA.png
jUUDMXQ.png
44fJDgQ.png
*step away from Tindrli*

3xknlxr.png
*carefully picks away at the wall of dacite*

XHw0wrF.png
Tindrli..?

3xknlxr.png
*thud, thud, thud*

jUUDMXQ.png
As much as I'd like to stay here and watch this magnificent dwarf swinging his pick and sweating like a gays-- geyser, can anyone explai-- Oh, God.

3xknlxr.png
*the rock wall in front of him crumbles, revealing a whole new world*

GPVLxEe.png

44fJDgQ.png
Well, I'll be damned.

7SoLSsg.png

XHw0wrF.png
*looks around*

44fJDgQ.png
What's that?

FxNksei.png

XHw0wrF.png
Something Grimwulf wouldn't like, I wager.

Uv6qrO2.png

2UdVrLA.png
We must tread carefully. I see a lot of spiderwebs. And animal remains.

vmrqKLJ.png

3xknlxr.png
Helly ordered us to dig deeper and search for metals. She said nothing about caverns.

44fJDgQ.png
What are you implying?

3xknlxr.png
We seal the entrance and proceed to dig deeper.

jUUDMXQ.png
Shouldn't we check the caverns first? Maybe we'll find metals there?

3xknlxr.png
No. I see schist, some graphite, and gems.

44fJDgQ.png
Honestly, I would not tarry in this place. Can't you hear those echoes from down below..?

3xknlxr.png
Our orders are clear. I will keep digging. Yes. That's what I'll do.

4th Limestone, 126, Early Autumn
The Outpost, Dining Room

iLd7bKZ.png

kCv2T60.png
nvv7rfL.png
punqU5x.png
G51kElb.png
*drinking merrily, having a lively discussion*

nvv7rfL.png
What I'm saying is, we are sealed, and I'm fine with that - but what if someone knocks on those gates?

punqU5x.png
Can't we simply ask who's there?

G51kElb.png
If it is an elven spy, he would say anything. "Hi, I am Litast the Axedwarf, I came visiting! Please open the gates?"

I don't remember seeing anything quite like that before. So this is a visitor. Which isn't uncommon.

But that's not what raises my brow. Look at this dwarf:

jyD5PHO.png

What dwarf, you ask? THIS dwarf:

ew02Qsl.png

No, she is not standing on the same tile with a random bush. The bush MOVES AROUND along with the dwarf.

2oSjkQf.png

I admit it's been some time since I last played DF. But I honestly don't remember shit like that happening.

Couldn't find anything strange about this visitor. Looks like a regular dwarf equipped for battle.

PEDJCi7.png

Maybe a bit taller than us. And incredibly skinny. Walking around covered in leaves.

Waaaait.

*Grimwulf gained +3753 points to elven paranoia*

vJq4wOD.png

G51kElb.png
Sorry, I'm bad at making elf impressions.

kCv2T60.png
Have you heard that our miners found a sprawling cavern layer?

G51kElb.png
Yes. I've drawn a picture for Helly, depicting my feeling on our relentless mining. But I'm too afraid of her to show it.

kCv2T60.png
You can give it to me. I'll pass it to Helly when I see her.

G51kElb.png
Okay. Thank you. And, uh, don't mention my name.

kCv2T60.png
*looks at the drawing* Interesting.

xql08wh.jpg

kCv2T60.png
Chaosdwarft, friend, you should stop believing in fairy tales. If we dig too deep, the only thing we'll see is the magma layer, not literal Hell full of demons.

G51kElb.png

lLtAqSI.png
*enters the room*

nvv7rfL.png
Kommissar! Come have a drink with us.

lLtAqSI.png
Aye, I'll have a drink all right. But YOU will git back TO WORK! Also, you there! Angrgrgr--

kCv2T60.png
Andnjord.

lLtAqSI.png
YES, YOU! Take this order list. I want it done before Sandstone!

vXMvzCz.png

kCv2T60.png

lLtAqSI.png
Found some use for the gold we mined.

kCv2T60.png
Kommissar, if you don't mind me asking, are you making this for Kalin?

lLtAqSI.png
WHAT, no! Are you stupid? That's for me.

kCv2T60.png

nvv7rfL.png
Hommm, are you planning to walk around Redlabored clad in full suit of gold armor?

lLtAqSI.png
Aye.

kCv2T60.png
Sooo, shall we call you God-Emperor of Dwarfkind?

lLtAqSI.png
Kommissar will suffice for now.

kCv2T60.png
Ahem. May I suggest you consider the negative impact on your, well, popularity..?

lLtAqSI.png
Enough small talk, GO MAKE ME SOME ARMOR, damn you!

Meanwhile in the Barracks

w2qtAwp.png

TWOnKLq.png
*looks at the silver war warhammer* He he he he he. Kalin da WITCHAR!

061EwNk.png
Pfff... what a poser.

TWOnKLq.png
Oh yeh? Rainhard gets secund silver hammah just as FAK YOU! Logo get big fat NUTHIN! Melt da coppa hammah down or sum sheit, diz fuck is on permunant wrestle duty!

061EwNk.png
Oh yeah? Well, I'm leaving the military to pursue my dream of creating great metal works of art. What now, you phony poser?!

TWOnKLq.png
WOT NAW? I'll show ye wot naw, ye ffff-- *power-walks towards Lagole Gon*

PxkNoeN.png

061EwNk.png
Ok, wait--

TWOnKLq.png
*proceeds to beat the living shit out of Lagole*

6BRCafC.png

SGvQrRn.png
You can't really call it a "spar" - none of us can stand against you, Kommander.

TWOnKLq.png
HAD ENUFF YET?! HUH?!

061EwNk.png
St-sto--

TWOnKLq.png
*keeps BASHING*

SGvQrRn.png
Only Brother Frank was able to fight on par with Kalin.

qT4LDO9.png
Well, she's gone now. Someone has to raise little Doren.

061EwNk.png
*lies on the floor sobbing*

SGvQrRn.png
Shall we call for Kommanding Physician?

qT4LDO9.png
Nah. Here's a better idea - why don't we go on adventure? I've heard there is a medical manual nearby, one that doctor Azira could really appreciate.

LN1KIes.png

qT4LDO9.png
What say you, Kommandorf Kalin?

NLuQ2Ug.png

qT4LDO9.png
Okay then.

SGvQrRn.png
Looking at this makes me realize, in case of real combat most of us will die without putting up a fight...

9th Limestone, 126, Early Autumn
The Outpost, Helly's Office

flZLfh3.png

CrmPVDL.png
That concludes my mental condition report. Overall, the dwarves are unhappy at best. If you don't address their needs and provide at least basic accommodations, we'll have to deal with mental breaks. Soon.

1tkud7F.png
Thank you, my insightful therapist. Your professional opinion will be taken into account.

CrmPVDL.png
*glances at the order list lying on Helly's desk* Shouldn't you put your signature on it?

As you can see, the orders are waiting for Helly's approval. The list won't be put into production until she approves it. And I have no idea what causes the hold-up. We have the resources, both weapon- and armorsmith (Andnjord does both jobs for the time being), the smithy, you name it.

Looks like Grimwulf won't get his gold armor suit, and the Prolebashers will be left without copper weapons for the time being. Thanks, Helly.

In case some you DF nerds wondering where are the rest of the orders like barrels and basalt blocks - I don't normally use the manager for repeating production tasks. When you give the order to produce, let's say, barrels repeatedly via the manager menu, then, as soon as you run out of wood, you'll get spammed by "failed to craft wooden barrel - can't find wood log" messages. The order itself won't be canceled, and your dwarves will keep searching for wood logs, even if there is none.

Instead, I prefer to assign repeated production orders directly, via workshop menu.

myOrNOD.png

This way the order will cancel itself as soon as we run out of raw materials. Which is exactly what I want.

ifItFWQ.png

1tkud7F.png
No need to worry about Kommissar's order list, my friend. Instead, why don't we talk about the Kommissar himself?

Meanwhile
Redlabored, 38 levels below the ground

7JIt6qz.png

2UdVrLA.png
Tindrli?

3xknlxr.png
*keeps mining*

jUUDMXQ.png
Don't bother our legendary miner, traitor. He is a loyal dwarf with a strong sense of duty. A quality you'll never have or even understand.

2UdVrLA.png
I only meant to ask why did we stop digging deeper?

3xknlxr.png
Focus on the current layer. Follow the tetrahedrite vein.

2UdVrLA.png
Aren't we supposed to search for iron ores?

3xknlxr.png
No luck with iron so far. Tetrahedrite can be smelted into copper. Copper armor is better than no armor.

jUUDMXQ.png
Don't question his decisions, you treacherous elven agent!

2UdVrLA.png
*sigh* Is there a problem, Givi?

jUUDMXQ.png
Yes, there is. You are my problem. In fact, you are everyone's problem - Redlabored will be better off without you.

2UdVrLA.png
Just like that? No discussion, no questions, no critical thinking? Not something I expected from the author of "The Sea Knows".

jUUDMXQ.png
... Are you familiar with my work then?

2UdVrLA.png
Your poems are rather vicious. "Shank And the Stunted Deaths" is my favorite.

jUUDMXQ.png
Ah, yes, I remember those days. Still had it in me back then.

2UdVrLA.png
What changed?

jUUDMXQ.png
I... don't want to discuss it, especially with you. But now that you mentioned it... *grumbles* Now, normally I wouldn't waste my time talking to you but considering the current competition in the business of journalism...

2UdVrLA.png
Come again?

jUUDMXQ.png
An interview for the local newspaper. Here and now. What say you, traitor?

2UdVrLA.png
I would prefer not to be called "traitor", thank you.

jUUDMXQ.png
Why are you an elf?

2UdVrLA.png
Who says I am an elf?

jUUDMXQ.png
But you're an elf.

15 minutes later.

jUUDMXQ.png
I think we're done here. *turns away from Lithium Flower*

2UdVrLA.png
Hold. Right. There. *grabs Givi by the shoulder*

jUUDMXQ.png
Careful now. I am a professional wrestler. Dwarves from Goldsect called me Givi the Bodybender.

44fJDgQ.png
*approaches Lithium Flower* Givi, need some help plunging a pick in that traitor's skull?

2UdVrLA.png
You are treating me as if I'm Smunstu Guileghouls.

44fJDgQ.png
Who?

jUUDMXQ.png
Out late King Dumat's grandson. Now a high-standing official of a goblin civilization that destroyed Girderjoyous not so long ago.

44fJDgQ.png
Right. That demon-worshipping dwarf who lives in Kingdomstole.

jUUDMXQ.png
You cannot compare yourself to Smunstu Guileghouls. His father Olin Vesselfuture was abducted by goblins at the age of 3. Smunstu himself was born in the goblin fortress. One could say he wasn't a dwarf, to begin with.

2UdVrLA.png
... How do you know so much?

jUUDMXQ.png
*shrugs* A massive dark fortress is sitting right next to our capital. If I didn't know the details, I would be a horrible journalist.

INEYy7Y.png

jUUDMXQ.png
Guileghouls is a scumbag, but he never had a choice other than committing suicide.

A dwarf raised by a demon who made it to the top of goblin hierarchy and managed to hold this position for almost 100 years now.

Liar, murderer, bribe-taker, despite his royal bloodline (his father was Queen Bomrek's elder brother who was supposed to inherit the crown).

Smunstu is probably the most corrupt dwarf in the Land of Vision.

1v1nMjD.png

jUUDMXQ.png
You, on the other hand, betrayed everything the dwarfendom stands for.

13th Limestone, 126, Early Autumn
The Outpost

OkmER5Y.png

CUcEB7R.png
Boy, if you want a bite of that juicy piece of deer brain - you gotta work for it!

25fCX9L.png

CUcEB7R.png
No? Want to eat mushrooms your whole life?

25fCX9L.png

25Ot6SJ.png
Amateur.

CUcEB7R.png
Hmm? Says who?

25Ot6SJ.png
Fedora Master. Wearing fedoras, master with dogs. And m'ladies.

CUcEB7R.png
Fancy yourself a beast trainer, eh?

25Ot6SJ.png
A master trainer, obviously, but you don't need my level of expertise in order to understand that spaniels cannot be trained for war.

CUcEB7R.png
HAH! The most idiotic thing I heard in me life! Watch and learn, fancy boy!

N0Uw6hl.png

25fCX9L.png

CUcEB7R.png
*throws a piece of deer brain in Fedora Master's face*

Y7mY0lc.png
*piece gets stuck in the beard*

CUcEB7R.png
GETTID, BOY!!

25fCX9L.png
BARK!! *jumps at Fedora Master*

Y7mY0lc.png
WAAAAH!

Meanwhile in the Dining Room

nvv7rfL.png
Hommmm, did you notice anything out of ordinary this morning?

ccuaZQP.png
What, the newspaper? I know! Someone puts them under every male dwarf's pillow while we sleep.

nvv7rfL.png
What kind of dwarf would creep on a sleeping komrade at night? And put something under the pillow?

ccuaZQP.png
Beats me. Disturbing, to say the least.

c9XcSR9.png
I overheard you talking. Curious.

ccuaZQP.png
Ah, Bingo-Bongo! Good thing we met. I wanted to discuss a private matter if you--

c9XcSR9.png
The newspaper. Show!

nvv7rfL.png
Here. Skip the front page, though. It's about that traitor.

axF8twW.png

c9XcSR9.png
*reading the article about ongoing political crisis* Worrisome.

ccuaZQP.png
Anyway, about that private matter. You are charged with supplying the Hospital, correct? Let's say you need a certain amount of thread and 200 dirty socks. Now, I know a dwarf who knows a dwarf who's very good at this supplying thing.

c9XcSR9.png

ccuaZQP.png
Sometimes you'll end up with 20 socks instead of 200, but who counts? As long as everything's fine on paper it's all good, right? Right.

c9XcSR9.png

ccuaZQP.png
And you know what's the best part of this arrangement? Those socks can fetch you a good price on the market. Let's discuss the details, shall we? I want my 80% cut as the middle-man, you take 5% for your discretion and keeping Azira out of this. My supplier gets the rest.

c9XcSR9.png
I knit the socks myself.

ccuaZQP.png

nvv7rfL.png
Not to mention your whole proposal sounds corrupt at best.

ccuaZQP.png
... Can you at least take a look at my member? There is something gross growing on the tip.

13th Limestone, 126, Early Autumn

Sometimes I miss Tekkud Actionbridge. Chatting with him was both relaxing and insightful. But now, even if he comes back, our gates are sealed.

c5bxDdC.png

We could really use some trading, especially now, after Spigot gained some experience at it.

Robbing those elves was a terrible miscalculation on his part. One mistake, and everything he achieved no longer counts. But such is the nature of Kommunism, I guess.

23rd Limestone, 126, Early Autumn
Redlabored, Stone District

jhdFOj5.png

OprlNpv.png
*tries to cut basalt blocks, but fails due to constant coughing and arm-shaking*

lLtAqSI.png
CUTTINGWOUNDS!

OprlNpv.png
Kom-- *coguhs* missa--AAKHA KHA KHA

lLtAqSI.png
I need at least 2000 blocks before Winter! WORK FASTAR!

We don't actually have 1489 basalt blocks. We have 1103 ready for use + 386 we used for constructing Kommissar's Quarters, Kalin's Barracks and other structures + 1 random sandstone block (don't ask)

HI3Jbdx.png

OprlNpv.png
*spits something terribly thick and yellow* Oh, Shoduk... I'm not feeling we-- GH-KHA *starts coughing again*

lLtAqSI.png
That reminds me. I want you to check on Armgore and Liberal. I gave the order to forge Kommissar's armor almost a month ago - WHY AM I NOT GLORIOUS YET?!

Meanwhile in Andnjord's Workshop

BloF0Bz.png

kCv2T60.png
Fan the flames! Mold the metal! We are raising an army.

0UY8kAw.png
Kek. *melts gold nuggets, sweating from the heat*

kCv2T60.png
Any news from our miners?

0UY8kAw.png
They found copper vein down below, but it's already exhausted, yes? Yes.

WWuKQtf.png

kCv2T60.png
Ugh, the indignity of working with copper. Must not give in to depression. We might obtain silver from the ores they mined down there.

VN2sMnG.png

kCv2T60.png
I need you to produce metal bars faster, Lizzurd.

VPDB5NY.png

0UY8kAw.png
Maybe change your mind on Helly's anti-Grimwulf campaign? No?

kCv2T60.png
I won't participate in this lowly uprising. And neither should you!

0UY8kAw.png
Nothing wrong with backstabbing dwarves who ask for it. Yes.

kCv2T60.png
Lizzurd, normally I wouldn't care, but you are like a monstrous son of mine. If my wife was a horrible reptile and I had no respect for myself, that is.

0UY8kAw.png
Thanks. Kek. Also, I'm older than you.

kCv2T60.png
You need to t--

OprlNpv.png
*enters the room* Grimw-- *starts coughing*

kCv2T60.png
What is it, Catacombs?

OprlNpv.png
GHA-KHA

kCv2T60.png
0UY8kAw.png

OprlNpv.png
Hurrrrrrrrr, KHA

kCv2T60.png
0UY8kAw.png

OprlNpv.png
KHHHHHHHHA kha hhhhhhhhhrrrrrrrrrrr

27rd Limestone, 126, Early Autumn
Redlabored, 50 levels below the ground

HpCKsoa.png

44fJDgQ.png
*all covered in sweat* I am a dwarf, and I'm usually comfortable with being underground. But something about this place doesn't sit well with me.

jUUDMXQ.png
Thou shalt nor fear! We will dig deeper than any dwarf ever dared to! Do you know what they say about depth and digging?

44fJDgQ.png
No. And I'd rather n--

jUUDMXQ.png
It's only scary at the start. Once you plunge your pick firmly, the rest of the process will go naturally.

44fJDgQ.png
... Yes, that's exactly what I didn't want to know.

3xknlxr.png
This layer contains galena. We'll stay here for now.

44fJDgQ.png
Great.

jUUDMXQ.png
Galena? Can we smelt it into iron?

3xknlxr.png
No. Only lead and silver. Keep mining. Stay focused.

3rd Sandstone, 126, Mid-Autumn
Redlabored, Barracks

YvLkvNg.png

TWOnKLq.png
MUV IT, BICHES!! CUM ON!!

2UNeaF3.png

XySctEP.png
*thrusts her spear at Kalin*

TWOnKLq.png
*parries and counter-attacks, but misses* FEH!

XySctEP.png
Not in your best shape today, Kommander.

TWOnKLq.png
Shuddup, Stukus, befor I STUK you!

XySctEP.png
*thrusts her spear again* You talk in your sleep, you know?

TWOnKLq.png
*blocks with a shield* Ye tulk while trainun, YE KNO?

XySctEP.png
This night you were mumbling something about bonaz and Baud.

SGvQrRn.png
I can confirm. You were also flailing your arms at the air like crazy.

TWOnKLq.png
I wus havin' a BUD DRIM, ok?

SGvQrRn.png
Must have been a really bad one.

TWOnKLq.png

qOnI8fm.png

Meanwhile in Helly's Office

KuUlcLF.png
*kicks open the door*

1tkud7F.png
Aahhh, my favourity br--

KuUlcLF.png
DO YOU WANT TO FUCKING KILL US, HELLY?! ENOUGH!!! Give me back the FUCKING keys!

1tkud7F.png
Calm down, Sp--

KuUlcLF.png
KEYS, YOU SHIT-EATER - GIVE THEM BACK, I SAID!

Ysx6aew.png
Sit-eta?

KuUlcLF.png
YES, Melbil! Your demonic mother EATS SHIT! And YOU will be DRINKING PISS soon, want to know why?! BECAUSE THERE IS NOTHING LEFT TO DRINK!

oaEDFxk.png

Ysx6aew.png
Nutin

KuUlcLF.png
That's right! NOT A DAMN THING! Because your hellspawn of a mother canceled the industry and locked MY FUCKING STILL! MY! STILL!

1tkud7F.png
*maintains her composure with a noticeable effort* We must focus on other activities and l--

KuUlcLF.png
WHAT god fucking ACTIVITIES are you blabberin' about?!

1tkud7F.png
Hauling--

KuUlcLF.png
WE HAVE NO STORAGES to haul to because you STOPPED digging out REDLABORED!

5nhtqlU.png

1tkud7F.png
Construct--

KuUlcLF.png
WE'VE BUILD EEEEVRYTHIIING!! FINISHED KOMMISSAR'S FARKIN' QUARTERS THREE MONTHS AGO! We got nothing else to construct because you STOPPED DIGGING OUT REDLABORED!

1tkud7F.png
Metalw--

KuUlcLF.png
ENOUGH! If you don't hand over the keys to MY STILL, I will go and break the FUCKING DOORS!

1tkud7F.png
Vandalism is a punishable offense. You don't have the balls, old bear.

KuUlcLF.png
Hold. Mah. Beard. *power-walks towards the Still*

10 minutes later

KuUlcLF.png
*SLAMS his body at the door repeatedly* COME ON!!

wEicBRN.png
*endures*

KuUlcLF.png
*SLAMS again with ALL the strength he has left, but fails to take it down*

TWOnKLq.png
PV80FJy.png
*approaching Spigot*

KuUlcLF.png
*panting*

PV80FJy.png
It's no use. I made this door.

TWOnKLq.png
He he he, da managur reported on ye, Spiggy. CAUGHT ON DA KRIME SCEN!

KuUlcLF.png
Fuck you, Kalin! You don't know shit!

TWOnKLq.png
I know ye'll get punishd for dat.

KuUlcLF.png
Bah! The boss already said I'll be punished during next elections. I got nothing to lose.

TWOnKLq.png
Ye'll be workin' in da mines until Wintah.

KuUlcLF.png
As if I give two shits. None of us will survive this long. WE'RE OUT OF BOOZE, YOU DIPSHITS!

PV80FJy.png
Surely we have enough to last us until Winter?

KuUlcLF.png
We don't.

PV80FJy.png
Gotta have to drink water then.

KuUlcLF.png
Good luck sneaking in Helly's office and pulling that lever. Because it's the only way you can open those gates and get to the water source.

TWOnKLq.png
Grab a pik and hed down to da mines. Or I'll MAKE ya doet!

KuUlcLF.png
*grabs a pickaxe and heads down, swearing all the way*

8th Sandstone, 126, Mid-Autumn
Redlabored, Entrance Area

6aABL7X.png

DUelvJM.png
Hey, Chaosdwarft!

G51kElb.png
General... Secret-- ar...

DUelvJM.png
Are you okay? You look pale.

G51kElb.png
Drink... Please.

JCHVzA4.png

DUelvJM.png
Yeah, we're out of drinks. Some dwarves stashed away some booze for personal consumption, but... Here, take mine.

G51kElb.png
Thank you.

DUelvJM.png
Damn. We can't go on like this. Time to pay the Kommissar a visit.

Later that day

WH0yj2H.png

lLtAqSI.png
Deadfall traps don't really work against deers.

2c3ryeE.png
Depends on the weight and angle. If you apply the force properly--

lLtAqSI.png
It's not about force or angle. You simply don't know how clever those manhunting fuckers really are.

2c3ryeE.png
We can do spikes. Better yet, dwarven shotguns.

lLtAqSI.png
Want to know my idea? Flaming bolts.

2c3ryeE.png
Hmm.

lLtAqSI.png
Always dreamed of going on a deer hunt armed with a crossbow and flaming bolts.

2c3ryeE.png
Active hunting is not my thing. I prefer trapping. The act of murder is more devious this way.

lLtAqSI.png
Aye, but where is the glory in that?

DUelvJM.png
4o6H0Qw.png
*walking towards Kommissar and Dayyalu*

lLtAqSI.png
What now?

DUelvJM.png
No booze.

lLtAqSI.png

DUelvJM.png
I asked the Kommanding Physician to come with me and explain the situation.

4o6H0Qw.png
No booze means we'll die of thirst.

DUelvJM.png
Thank you for your explanation.

2c3ryeE.png
So what? We'll respawn and continue working.

lLtAqSI.png
That's the attitude! Although I don't believe in respawn.

4o6H0Qw.png
In that case, my official recommendation is taking action immediately.

lLtAqSI.png
What exactly do you mean by "no booze"?

DUelvJM.png
One, maybe two days - and you won't find a single drop of alcohol in Redlabored.

germDm9.png

lLtAqSI.png
Where THE HELL is Spigot?!

4o6H0Qw.png
Breaking his back in the mines.

lLtAqSI.png
Then make SOMEONE work that DAMN still!

DUelvJM.png
It's locked. Helly's orders.

lLtAqSI.png
WHAT?! I'm gonna find dat giant, cock-wielding, baby-tossin', tree-cuttin'--

4o6H0Qw.png
I suggest you postpone conversations with Helly. I tried to perform a routine examination on her recently, and, well... Look, you and I really need to talk, but it can wait. Let's do something about the thirst situation. Without involving Helly into this.

2c3ryeE.png
I'll just go... *walks away*

lLtAqSI.png
What do you expect me to do, smartass?

4o6H0Qw.png
Open the gates.

lLtAqSI.png
The gate lever is in the manager's office, genius.

DUelvJM.png
There is another way.

lLtAqSI.png
Which is?

DUelvJM.png
Explore the caverns.

lLtAqSI.png
What caverns?

DUelvJM.png
*sigh* Long story short, our miners revealed expansive caverns underneath.

lLtAqSI.png
Aren't they digging out Redlabored?

DUelvJM.png
No.

lLtAqSI.png

4o6H0Qw.png
Grimwulf, get a grip!

lLtAqSI.png
What in ungodly elven arse is happening to my fortress?

4o6H0Qw.png
The caverns are currently sealed. Shall I give the order to break down the wall?

lLtAqSI.png
This is fucking surreal. I'm going to Holly.

4o6H0Qw.png
DUelvJM.png
NO!!

lLtAqSI.png
WHY NOT, DAMN YOU?!

4o6H0Qw.png
It was her idea all along. Something treacherous is happening in Redlabored right now. I don't know who's standing behind this conspiracy and who can we trust, but one thing is for certain - Helly is with them.

lLtAqSI.png
The HELL are you talking about?

4o6H0Qw.png
Let's just say I managed to squeeze some revelations from Helly during a candle procedure. Candles never lie.

DUelvJM.png
Don't trust anyone, Kommissar. Spigot tried to resolve the situation by brute force, but alas, he failed.

4o6H0Qw.png
If you come begging Helly to do something about booze shortage, she will later interpret the whole situation as your fault, while painting herself as the savior.

lLtAqSI.png
STILL NOT MAKING ANY SENSE!

4o6H0Qw.png
Alright. Here is what we gonna do. Give the order to unseal the caverns. Send the Prolebashers to explore. Sooner or later they will find an underground lake or some other water source. Then we're golden.

DUelvJM.png
It will help us survive until elections, at least.

lLtAqSI.png
What if they find hostile wildlife underground? Are they ready?

4o6H0Qw.png
... Not really. No armor at all.

DUelvJM.png
Their best fighter, Brother Frank, is currently on vacation.

4o6H0Qw.png
And most of them are armed with wooden weapons.

DUelvJM.png
Because Andnjord is too busy forging golden armor for you.

lLtAqSI.png

4o6H0Qw.png
Just give the damn order, Grim.

lLtAqSI.png
... Break the seal. Send the Prolebashers to the caverns.

4o6H0Qw.png
You've made the right key choice. *about to walk away*

lLtAqSI.png
Azira.

4o6H0Qw.png
Mm?

lLtAqSI.png
Still no babies born this Autumn.

4o6H0Qw.png
Baby boom is coming, trust your Kommanding Physician. The babies are always being born at the worst possible moment.

9th Sandstone, 126, Mid-Autumn

7Fk8IyL.png

TWOnKLq.png
YE REHDY, PRULBASHAS?!

PV80FJy.png
XySctEP.png
SGvQrRn.png
hblLrIX.png
061EwNk.png
3xGOOtN.png
sG7GS0v.png
qT4LDO9.png
*grumble*

TWOnKLq.png
Oh, CUM on! SMASHIN' da livin' shit outta cave turtles gunna b fun.

SGvQrRn.png
*looks at his shoddy wooden axe sadly*

061EwNk.png
*looks at his bare hands in frustration*

3xGOOtN.png
Yeah... Fun...

TWOnKLq.png
FEH! Wish Brudda Frenk wus here to fakken listan to ya whining. Gotta lead ye mahself now, ffs. REINYHAT!

sG7GS0v.png
*trembles in fear*

TWOnKLq.png
Ye'll go first.

sG7GS0v.png
B-but why?

TWOnKLq.png
Gotta work fo dat silvar hammar, baby.

sG7GS0v.png
N-no. Please, Kommander!

TWOnKLq.png
GO, YA BITCH!! *kicks Reinhardt's butt a BIT too hard*

sG7GS0v.png
HNNNNG!

WTaJAgF.png

061EwNk.png
Seriously?

sG7GS0v.png
*cries*

061EwNk.png
You'll do anything to avoid battle. Gods! *rolls eyes*

sG7GS0v.png
I-I need a vacation!

TWOnKLq.png
Oh, ye? FUKK YOU! But FINE, you may stay in da rear formashun.

qT4LDO9.png
Kommandorf Kalin! Let me go first!

TWOnKLq.png
Nah. Stukus, ye got dat bronze spear Spiggy bought from da hoomans - ye lead.

XySctEP.png
... Yes, Kommander.

10th Sandstone, 126, Mid-Autumn
The Caverns

8cj7pO4.png

XySctEP.png
Clear!

TWOnKLq.png
PV80FJy.png
SGvQrRn.png
hblLrIX.png
061EwNk.png
3xGOOtN.png
sG7GS0v.png
qT4LDO9.png
*enter the caverns and lock the door behind*

PV80FJy.png
Someone should stay here and guard the door. I volunteer.

TWOnKLq.png
Shut it, Mark. We go south. Stukus, go ahed. Imma rite behind ya.

XySctEP.png
Aye aye, Kommander.

3xGOOtN.png
*mumbles* So many animal remains here...

12th Sandstone, 126, Mid-Autumn
The Caverns

wW16Ihp.png

XySctEP.png
Anyone has anything to drink? So thirsty...

TWOnKLq.png
Dat's exuctleh wa we're her, ye halfwit.

SGvQrRn.png
Can't see any soil or moss. No mushrooms or fungiwood either. I doubt we'll find water in these caverns.

qT4LDO9.png
And no giant monsters. Dammit.

TWOnKLq.png
*looks around a bit confused*

hblLrIX.png
What's the matter, Kommander? Already lost?

TWOnKLq.png
Shut it, old kunt. We go WESTAN!!

hblLrIX.png
We'll end up back at the entrance.

TWOnKLq.png
Oh, yeh?

hblLrIX.png
Yeah. But you shouldn't feel ashamed. Many dwarves are living with topographical cretinism and still manage to--

TWOnKLq.png
SHUDDUP!

hblLrIX.png
You need a wife, Kalin. Or at least a nice dwarf you can fuck.

sG7GS0v.png
*feeds her last bottle of ale to the baby*

hblLrIX.png
I will lead from here if you don't mind.

TWOnKLq.png
Sheesh, be mah fuggin' guest.

One hour later

tk9AwJO.png

hblLrIX.png
PROLEBASHERS! Keep up! Follow my lead and-- *turns around the corner* I will-- What the

JHncGXn.png

hblLrIX.png
K-Kalin? Komrades..? *takes a step back*

hoSGQ9T.png

QYQ3rHR.png
*lets out a savage, beastlike growl*

TWOnKLq.png
Fuck my life. *grips his war hammer tightly*

QYQ3rHR.png
QYQ3rHR.png
QYQ3rHR.png
*MANY more growls can be heard from all directions*

nPCQ4us.png

sG7GS0v.png
*pisses herself*

3xGOOtN.png
*pisses himself*

061EwNk.png
Pffft. *pisses himself*

XySctEP.png
... Kommand-- der..?

TWOnKLq.png

lLtAqSI.png
Leadership is not all about skills. It's about decisions. Look at Kalin - a good fighter, no arguing with that. But do you honestly think he is a good Kommander?

QYQ3rHR.png
QYQ3rHR.png
QYQ3rHR.png
QYQ3rHR.png
QYQ3rHR.png
QYQ3rHR.png
*advancing towards Kalin's squad*

sG7GS0v.png
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!! RUUUUUUUN!

PV80FJy.png
SGvQrRn.png
061EwNk.png
3xGOOtN.png
sG7GS0v.png
qT4LDO9.png
XySctEP.png
*run for their lives*

hblLrIX.png
You little fucks.

TWOnKLq.png

lLtAqSI.png
Kalin! You draft every old, crippled, and retarded dwarf into the military, not to mention they are all COWARDS!

hblLrIX.png
Kommander..? Maybe we should--

TWOnKLq.png
Screw it. RRRRRRRRRRRRRAGH!! *CHARGES at the nearest troglodyte*

QYQ3rHR.png
QYQ3rHR.png
QYQ3rHR.png
QYQ3rHR.png
QYQ3rHR.png
*scatter in surprise and fear*

QYQ3rHR.png
*the largest troglodyte-leader, who looks like a female, charges at Kalin with a bloodthirsty growl*

TWOnKLq.png
*masterfully uses his shield and hammer technique*

GxUzyW0.png

QYQ3rHR.png
HHHHHHHHHNNNNNNG

TWOnKLq.png
*stops fighting for a moment*

lLtAqSI.png
No favors for you. You have yet to prove yourself.

hblLrIX.png
WAAAAAAAAAAAA *jumps into the fray*

Jxkd2P3.png

hblLrIX.png
Dammit

BPzi89m.png

QYQ3rHR.png
*keeps growling and assaulting Kalin, completely ignoring Citizen*

sVFkuZC.png

hblLrIX.png
HAAAAAAAA *attempts another pathetic attack*

2GIbj1N.png

TWOnKLq.png
Da FUCK are ye doin'?! STAY OUT OF DIS! *performs a truly powerful swing*

vUHberZ.png

QYQ3rHR.png
*unable to stand up or even breathe*

TWOnKLq.png
*spits*

hblLrIX.png
EEEEEEEEE!! *proceeds to beat the helpless body of troglodyte leader with a wooden sword*

vgtJAhc.png

Some minutes pass

hblLrIX.png
*panting*

7CdW9tV.png

TWOnKLq.png
Are ye trying ta kill her or fakken' seduce her?

hblLrIX.png
Give... me... Phhhhaaah. A moment here.

TWOnKLq.png
Imma tired of waitan. *delivers the killing blow*

FMjvInK.png

hblLrIX.png
Eeww.

TWOnKLq.png
Heh... Kinda like mah dream.

hblLrIX.png
We did good, Kommander Kalin.

TWOnKLq.png
Yu did nuthin', old kunt. Look sharp! More babes are cummin'.

d1Dgt67.png

hblLrIX.png
*looks at the troglodytes standing in the distance* I'm pretty sure we killed their mother. The rest of them are just kids.

TWOnKLq.png

lLtAqSI.png
All you had to do was go out there and kill the damn thing!

hblLrIX.png
Let's head back, Kommander. Enough bloodshed for today.

Making violent dwarves like Kalin fall back is near damn impossible.

TWOnKLq.png

XRM7Qfm.png
I hereby appoint you as Plankplunged's Captain of the Guard. You will protect your people by whatever means necessary.

hblLrIX.png
Kommander Kallin? Hello?

TWOnKLq.png

XRM7Qfm.png
You have failed me, Kalin.

hblLrIX.png
Then I... uh... I'll bring backup! Hold on there!

TWOnKLq.png

lLtAqSI.png
You are a failure, Kalin.

TWOnKLq.png

QYQ3rHR.png
QYQ3rHR.png
QYQ3rHR.png
QYQ3rHR.png
QYQ3rHR.png
*growl at Kalin, while trying to back away from him*

TWOnKLq.png

lLtAqSI.png
NO BONAZ FOR YOU!

TWOnKLq.png
*lets his mind slip into the deep pit of anger and hatred*

q8MxaIs.png

TWOnKLq.png
*raises his silver war hammer and steps forward*

JLaPiEW.png

QYQ3rHR.png

7XF0j5G.png

QYQ3rHR.png
*screams in agony*

QYQ3rHR.png
QYQ3rHR.png
*the others begin their assault*

RPUwWfO.png

QYQ3rHR.png
*crawls away from Kalin in fear*

TWOnKLq.png
*walking towards the crippled troglodyte with determination, his eyes express nothing but cold rage*

r6gsqFr.png

QYQ3rHR.png
*screams in terror*

tb79Ez3.png

QYQ3rHR.png
*flails his hands at Kalin*

TWOnKLq.png
*keeps bashing the prone troglodyte with extreme brutality*

bEVbWnR.png

TWOnKLq.png
*looks straight in the eye of his victim, then strikes him with a shield*

nlBuT9d.png

QYQ3rHR.png
QYQ3rHR.png
QYQ3rHR.png
*run away*

TWOnKLq.png
*begins the hunt*

4t3hQ5d.png

16th Sandstone, 126, Mid-Autumn
Redlabored, Barracks

xUALhPz.png

XySctEP.png
*enters the barracks*

PV80FJy.png
Where is Kalin?

XySctEP.png
Reporting to Grimwulf.

PV80FJy.png
Hmpf. So... How was it?

XySctEP.png
When we found him, all troglodytes were dead, except one. Kalin ordered to hunt it down, and so we did. I found this small and mutilated critter and put it out of its misery... Which was truly horrifying.

esTWvTU.png

XySctEP.png
But Kalin..? Kalin was the real monster in those caverns.

Kalin killed three troglodytes, Stukos (Dayyalu's wife, speardwarf) finished off another during clean-up, the rest of them escaped to the deep caverns.

yhRIyic.png

TWOnKLq.png
*enters the barracks*

hblLrIX.png
Kommander! I had a talk with the squad, gave them a good lesson of proper discipline and courag--

TWOnKLq.png
Resume trainin'.

qT4LDO9.png
Sorry we left you there, Kommandorf.

PV80FJy.png
What else did you expect? We are armed with wooden weapons.

qT4LDO9.png
And battle babies.

sG7GS0v.png
*looks at her son*

kRe0y1Y.png

TWOnKLq.png
Resume trainin'. *heads to the barracks bedroom, while the realization of what happened finally kicks in*

4oC19xv.png

18th Sandstone, 126, Mid-Autumn
Redlabored, Kommissar's Quarters

p59sEwA.png

4o6H0Qw.png
*knocks on the door and enters the office without waiting for response*

lLtAqSI.png
What is it? Don't you have candles to push?

4o6H0Qw.png
The situation is growing direr with each passing day.

lLtAqSI.png
I am aware of that. The Prolebashers couldn't find any damn water down there, to absolutely no one's surprise. Goddamn Kalin is useless.

4o6H0Qw.png
I am talking about the Outpost. There are dwarves outside, Grim, a lot of dwarves. They keep banging at our closed gates and demand to let them in.

Y8KjpKJ.png

lLtAqSI.png
I have no booze for new migrants. And no beds. And not a single drop of patience left.

4o6H0Qw.png
I know, but apparenty there are other dwarves as well. Armed to the teeth. And also Tekkud, the Queen's liaison.

mVGXOG2.png

4o6H0Qw.png
Komrades report they heard sounds of battle from the surface. Screams and such. There is something bad happening up there.

qx2N5b0.png

lLtAqSI.png
So NOW you are suggesting I talk it over with Hilly?

4o6H0Qw.png
No. You have one more option left. I suggest you make use of it.

lLtAqSI.png
Hrmpf. No clue what you're talkin' about.

4o6H0Qw.png
Remember, Grim. You are the goddamn Kommissar.

1st Timber, 126, Late Autumn
Redlabored, Barracks

aBu4FSs.png

1tkud7F.png
*opens the door to the barracks* Kalin, my glorious Kommander!

TWOnKLq.png
Whatche doin' here?

1tkud7F.png
I was merely curious. Why did Grimwulf send your squad into the caverns, armed with wooden weapons, undertrained, and completely unarmored?

TWOnKLq.png
We wor lookin' fer watah or sum shit. By the fuggin' way, wassup with booze?

N8I6dDw.png

1tkud7F.png
An unfortunate, but predictable result of Grimwulf's poor leadership. And the reason I came to you. You see--

lLtAqSI.png
HELLYYYYY!!!

1tkud7F.png
*Slowly turns around towards the central square* Aahhh, you finally remembered my nam-- Oh, my.

Ol8vu0b.png

TWOnKLq.png
Motherfucker...

lLtAqSI.png
My fortress has suffered ENOUGH! I accuse you of TREASON, Helly!

1tkud7F.png
*grins*

lLtAqSI.png
Kalin, ARREST the Kaptain of Kutting Kultists IMMEDIATELY!

TWOnKLq.png
*confused*

1tkud7F.png
I have been elected as the manager, Grimwulf. And I will be doing my job for another month.

lLtAqSI.png
I AM YOUR GODDAMN KOMMISSAR! And I call for new elections RIGHT NOW!

c9XcSR9.png
jUUDMXQ.png
4o6H0Qw.png
DUelvJM.png
punqU5x.png
*others start gathering on the square, hearing the commotion*

thpALoX.png

lLtAqSI.png
You SABOTAGED the construction of Redlabored!

1tkud7F.png
You SEALED US underground!

lLtAqSI.png
You SENT OUR MINERS on a pointless mission!

1tkud7F.png
You SENT OUR MILITARY to their deaths!

lLtAqSI.png
You CONDEMNED us to die of thirst!

1tkud7F.png
It is YOUR FAULT we don't have water access!

lLtAqSI.png
All you care about is GOLD!

1tkud7F.png
That's rich coming from someone in GOLDEN ARMOR!

lLtAqSI.png
Our industries are NON-FUNCTIONAL!

1tkud7F.png
Because of YOU, keeping all my workers focused on YOUR mansion, YOUR armor, YOUR desires!

44fJDgQ.png
KuUlcLF.png
o44H4SR.png
CbNurbC.png
G51kElb.png
ccuaZQP.png
OprlNpv.png
0UY8kAw.png
*more dwarves are gathering*

tTfBAhN.png

lLtAqSI.png
*unsheathes his sword*

1tkud7F.png
*raises her axe*

lLtAqSI.png
This ENDS HERE!

1tkud7F.png
Indeed it does.

TWOnKLq.png
*steps between Grimwulf and Helly wielding his war hammer* What the FUCK do you think you're doin'?! NO TRUBUL!!

1tkud7F.png
Kalin. Arrest the Kommissar.

lLtAqSI.png
WHAT?!

TWOnKLq.png

PV80FJy.png
SGvQrRn.png
061EwNk.png
3xGOOtN.png
sG7GS0v.png
qT4LDO9.png
XySctEP.png
hblLrIX.png
*the Prolebashers position themselves around the Square*

lLtAqSI.png
You think YOU can lead my people, wretch?!

1tkud7F.png
No. But I know just a dwarf for the job.

0UY8kAw.png
Kalin! KALIN! KALIN!!!

TWOnKLq.png
... wot

XHw0wrF.png
2UdVrLA.png
CUcEB7R.png
H34MOqw.png
25Ot6SJ.png
CrmPVDL.png
kCv2T60.png
siSaJv9.png
sU7cUKl.png
*everyone is gathered on the square, some are chanting Kalin's name*

ho7vqW3.png

1tkud7F.png
Friends! KOMRADES! You've been oppressed by this dwarf for FAR TOO LONG! None of us wants to see a TYRANT as the leader! NOW RISE! Build YOUR OWN future! Master YOUR OWN fate! THE TIME HAS COME TO

CHOOSE YOUR KOMMISSAR

Cast your votes and take your time, because I won't resume the LP until 12th January. We will have three rounds of votes:

1. Choosing the Kommissar (until Jan, 4th)
2. Elections and Collective Voting (Jan, 4th - Jan, 8th)
3. Administrative Decisions (Jan, 8th - Jan, 12th)

I'll spend the holidays out of town, surrounded by friends and family, which makes writing updates inconvenient. I need my solitude and alcohol to make KKK happen.

But I will post non-RP stuff like follow-up KEY CHOICES, some hard numbers regarding our current sorry state, dwarf's charscreens, etc. So it's not like I'll be gone completely.

As for the current choice, you can only vote for Grimwulf or Kalin, obviously. The possible consequences of electing Kalin will depend on Kalin. If he stops posting in this thread for some reason, then technically nothing will change except the general RP flavor - we will hold elections and vote for key choices as per usual. However, Kalin will be free to veto any voting, appoint whoever he wants on any position, and overrule anything, basically.

If Grimwulf retains his position, Helly will be punished; some of Helly's supporters will be punished too (which ones exactly is up for the dice rolls); Kalin will NOT be punished in any way, since he was dragged into this against his will.

CAST YOUR VOTES!

Last edited:

vazha

Arcane
Well, I'll be damned. Just when you thought you knew what PEAK Grimwulf was like, he delivers... this. Exhilarating, xenial, or however that stuff goes. All of it. Freaking masterful.

As for current side of affairs - As an objective and free media person (who sadly hasnt been offered any bribes or favours for his services... yet) I will not take sides, will abstain instead and report on proceedings. One thing I must say though - And I cannot believe I am saying this, but - Maybe it's time... Just consider it for a moment... to give Kalin his bonaz? He was guilty of some Conan-lvl baddassery down there in yon caverns. Also, next time, please let me accompany the prolebashers as a field correspondent. Armed with a pickax, because allegedly that would make me a competent fighter based on my skill in mining.

And once again - Loving this thread. It's amazing and delivers on so many levels.

Last edited:

Grimwulf

Arcane
Patron
Vatnik
How can there not be any water in the caves? What do the troglodytes drink?

Each cavern layer is huge and has no boundaries. Creatures come and go from the depths we'll never see.

Don't mind the broken color scheme on this screenshot, forgot to restart my game.

UkXKjyN.png

Kalin's squad explored a huge chunk of this layer, and they didn't find a single soiled tile. No moss, no vegetation, therefore no water. They were getting thirsty and tired, the only rational decision was to call them back.

It's not the only cavern layer, of course. We'll find more if we dig deeper. And those might be very different, like underground jungles and such. Time will tell.

So many of you called me a traitor because I chose the wrong side when circumstances were dire and confused. Yet now the threat is within your gates and the line is clearly drawn,those of you who choose to do nothing or, worse, support those trying to subvert the order should call yourself traitors three times over.

I was the first to take a stance. Shame on you who are still silent.

Support your Commissar!

vazha

Andnjord

Arcane
The Grim bröther sure has a talent for all this. Amazing how much can be said with a few talking heads and carefully selected in-game screenshots :love:
Peak Grimwulf update so far indeed and the whole Kommunistic Kastle too has been peak Grimwulf overall.

My vote goes to Supporting the GODDAMN KOMMISSAR obviously. Helly's mismanagement must be punished.

And no, I do not feel responsible, at all. I never kinda, sorta, but totally not suggested that something was amiss with our leadership nor drove some unnamed dorfs to strike the Earth prematurely with promises of riches and gold all in the effort to get my smithy set up, no siree, never happened.

Just consider it for a moment... to give Kalin his bonaz?

HERESY!

But that's the point, no matter what heroic feats Kalin might eventually accomplish he shall never, ever obtain his bonus. Or at least with so many strings attached it just isn't worth it :lol:

Grimwulf

Arcane
Patron
Vatnik
Helly was preparing for this turn of events, and we have quite a number of unassigned dwarves. It will be fair to give her a fighting chance.

Helly, you may throw a d20, if you want. One last speech in front of the komrades, one last attempt to gain more supporters.

20 - critical success. 10 unassigned dwarves will vote for Kalin
18-19 - major success, you gain 7 votes
16-17 - significant success, 4 votes
14-15 - success, 2 votes
12-13 - minor success, 1 vote
8-11 - uninspiring speech, no effect
6-7 - minor failure, 1 vote for Grimwulf
4-5 - failure, 3 votes for Grimwulf
2-3 - you are really bad at this. 5 votes for Grimwulf
1 - you convinced the whole crowd in your total incompetence as the manager, 8 votes for Grimwulf

vazha

Arcane
So many of you called me a traitor because I chose the wrong side when circumstances were dire and confused. Yet now the threat is within your gates and the line is clearly drawn,those of you who choose to do nothing or, worse, support those trying to subvert the order should call yourself traitors three times over.

Support your Commissar!

vazha
Shhh, preparing my speech for the grand finale.

Grimwulf May I deliver a speech, fine orator as I am, in front of the crowd? I ve got some things to tell ya'll, folks. Big things. Monarchic level, I would say.

Reinhardt

Arcane

Support your Commissar!

vazha
Shhh, preparing my speech for the grand finale.

Grimwulf May I deliver a speech, fine orator as I am, in front of the crowd? I ve got some things to tell ya'll, folks. Big things. Monarchic level, I would say.
NO HOMO?

Lizzurd

Cipher
Helly was preparing for this turn of events, and we have quite a number of unassigned dwarves. It will be fair to give her a fighting chance.

Helly, you may throw a d20, if you want. One last speech in front of the komrades, one last attempt to gain more supporters.

20 - critical success. 10 unassigned dwarves will vote for Kalin
1 - you convinced the whole crowd in your total incompetence as the manager, 8 votes for Grimwulf
You must be really heavy drunk at the moment :salute:

vazha

Arcane
O shit boi time for a verbal street fight of sophistry and hot fire straight outta Athens
You need not be unduly worried, my dear traitor. T'is about the hellspawn, not you.

However, to counter your jibe about interpreting my hesitation as lack of loyalty and cojones, I will say this:

History has known dwarfs who committed treason. Who lusted after gold, power, neighbour's less beardy wife, but you? Worst thing about your treason was that it wasnt borne of any possible material gains! And after that you still wonder why we question whether you're dwarf at all?

Ponder about it for a second: You committed a treason and didnt get *anything* out of it. Basically betrayed your own race just for lulz. You're basically Horus. Lol xD

Lizzurd

Cipher
0UY8kAw.png
The glorious workers of Redlabored!

0UY8kAw.png
The great horrors engulfed our home. We all know the reason – the treacherous mismanagement. Utter incompetence. We are left without any water and without any booze (gods help us!) to drink. We still have no armor and no weapons.

0UY8kAw.png
But we also know who to betray blame. We know who shall be punished and cast away. Right now we should wholeheartedly agree upon this and cast the traitor, vreditel, predatel away.

5WSINFv.png
I... M-Must backstab! Backstab!!

0UY8kAw.png
So you know what to do! ... to betray... TO VOTE OFCOURSE! To vote against the evil one!

Please cast my vote the last.
(If Kalin wins)
0UY8kAw.png
GRIMWULF IS THE ONE WHO BETRAYED US! Cast him away! Only Kalin would lead us glorious workers to glorious future!
(if Grimwulf wins)
0UY8kAw.png
HELLY IS THE ROOT OF EVIL! Emperor of dwarfkind is our leader! I vote for Grimwulf!
0UY8kAw.png
So be it.

5WSINFv.png
Kek
I should drink less :negative:

Lizzurd

Cipher
That's cheating! Just vote for the evil one... uh... whichever it is...
So far each presidential candidate in my country I voted for succeed :M

(Just in case – casting the vote for the majority candidate is just the same as discarding the vote at all. The vote wouldn't affect whoever wins and therefore has no effect.)

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom