Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Vapourware KOTOR 2 Restoration Project (not the Restored Content Mod)

Jaime Lannister

Arbiter
skyway said:
- The line "You will remain here, under guard. I must to see to the defense of my ship." has a 'to' too much. The first 'to' needs to disappear.

"I must to see" sounds like something from an online translator, not a native speaker. Hell, I've never even heard someone who learned English as a second language say that.

loony636

Novice
This is the most hilarious thread I've ever read. Basically fully of tantrums about how "I want my mod NOW!!!". If you want it done faster, get off your proverbial fat one and make your own mod that restores content.

What they're doing is fantastic. Regardless of whether people say they're "lazy", "stupid" or any other of the profanities thrown around in here. Honestly, its like as soon as you sit down in the computer chair you give yourself a frontal lobotomy and remove all semblance of sanity from your online discussions.

And while you can criticise TG all you want for being slow, and you can criticize the beta team for wanting simple grammatical correctness all you want. In fact, why don't you just go on about how you think everything in the world should bring itself up to your standards.

But you see, here's the real kicker. Are you ready? Its quite a revelation:

Nobody cares. Period.

Do you notice that nobody from TG or the closed beta team has come here to defend the mod. Why? Because they don't need to bother. You guys knock yourselves out. If you go back into your sane mental state and read over this world, then you would realise that you made complete arses of yourselves on the internet. If the IQ of this thread went any lower I swear my computer would crash as it tried to divide by zero.

So please, either actually learn about this mod rather than just spending four seconds on the website and assume that you are the world's expert on TSLRP, or just refrain from pressing the "submit" button next time you feel the need to waste people's time with meaningless rants.

Hümmelgümpf

Arbiter
gallery_2063_3_17264.jpg

You sure you read the thread? Not everyone wants the mod released right now.

nik2008ofs

Scholar
loony636 said:
or just refrain from pressing the "submit" button next time you feel the need to waste people's time with meaningless rants.

You should take your own advice. After all, nobody cares about what you have to say.

loony636

Novice
You sure you read the thread? Not everyone wants the mod released right now.

Not everyone wants the mod released right now, but the majority of members here certainly do.

You should take your own advice. After all, nobody cares about what you have to say.

Believe me, I have no want to stay here. The only reason I posted was because some members here are just so offensive to TG I wanted to make a point.

racofer

Thread Incliner
loony636 said:
Believe me, I have no want to stay here. The only reason I posted was because some members here are just so offensive to TG I wanted to make a point.

Oh and you sure did....

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
But But...I wanna read..just one. ONE reply. Because an old lady told me, even action I take creates an echo in the force.

Raapys

Arcane
About KOTOR 2, did anyone actually get into that force-place in the cave down on the sith graveyard planet? Not sure what the requirements were to get in, but at least I never met them. Anything cool in there?

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut I'm very into cock and ball torture
Yes.
Yes.

[Cool only if you already like Kotor 2 and can appreciate Kreia for what she is. And if you watched the old Star Wars movies. Think of it like when Luke goes into that cave on Dagobah, but entirely different.]

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut I'm very into cock and ball torture
The requirements should be a high level and extreme dark/light sidedness.

(A shame. The whole game is about Neutrality, yet they didn't put any rewards into the whole game for playing a neutral-aligned force-user.)

Wyrmlord

Arcane
But what I don't get about KotOR 2 is why they transformed the character from the first game into a demigod.

Spoilers below.

Really, there was nothing in the first game that suggested that Revan was anything more than a guy who just wanted power and to rule over the galaxy. If the Kashyyk holocron was any indication, the guy wanted nothing but to destroy worlds for his petty wants.

And yet, the second game tried to show him as a subtle guy with complex motivations. It's beyond silly, because a guy who eats whole planets hardly qualifies as subtle.

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
It's because subtle guys with complex motivations make for far better legendary figures. It's because this isn't a Bioware game.

Also, remember that a lot you learn about Revan, you learn from biased sources - from his/her teacher Arren Kae/Kreia and HK-47, a robot he created himself.

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
I think it's a writing distortion. Jasede is somewhat right with saying the sources are too biased to be reliable BUT I'd say playing as Revan in the first one, I never really understood wtf he/she really wanted to achieve by getting the Star Forge and screwing the Republic. Save it from a bigger threat? Uhhh sure, but why not let me 'talk' to my former men about this? Why are you forcing me on a showdown with my former apprentice? Apparently Korriban didn't give a shit either. Quite hollow really.

K2 tried to dramatize it a bit, and everything became somewhat smoke and mirrors. We have Kreia downplaying his 'good achievements' and somewhat hinting a 'darker plot underneath' but really it's all convoluted. HK wasn't any good. There was only one side of Revan that HK remembered. T3, the neutral witness wasn't even capable of putting it into words. We're left with Mandalor who only respected his Strength, or GOTO's belief that Revan is a 'destabilizer' of the republic. So all in all, it's quite disappointing to hear Lucasarts is not even planning to tie up loose ends for this trilogy, choosing instead to pimp it out in the MMORPG genre.

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
What they should have done is give KOTOR 3 to Obsidian and let Avellone finish the damn story.

MetalCraze

Arcane
don't worry - Bioware will bring KotOR3 to its right emo tracks.
still I'd wanted each new instalment of KotOR to have a different main character, though with some collisions between the storylines of previous games. really it is impossible to continue the story - how will you make a game about Revan and Exile beyond the outer rim?

also abandonware is abandoned (1 fix in almost 2 months - you can't be serious)

Raapys

Arcane
Hmm, this thing really isn't coming out any time soon, is it? And they even removed that bug fix pack thingy.

Raapys

Arcane
Yeah, I remember Knights of the Force. It didn't actually turn out to be any good though, did it?

inwoker

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
skyway said:
really it is impossible to continue the story - how will you make a game about Revan and Exile beyond the outer rim?
I don't see any difficulties here.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom