Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Larian cultists reviewing BG1/2 - NOW with IWD:EE reviews

KeighnMcDeath

RPG Codex Boomer
I still haven't played BG or IWD but I did dip myself into TOEE a little. I probably had bad cases of Diabloitis and HOMM flu.... or I was downloading netbooks via dialup. W/e... Someday maybe.

FriendlyMerchant

I still haven't played BG or IWD but I did dip myself into TOEE a little. I probably had bad cases of Diabloitis and HOMM flu.... or I was downloading netbooks via dialup. W/e... Someday maybe.
infinite power liches is probably better than D&D

KeighnMcDeath

RPG Codex Boomer
Are there randoms? I'd say grinding. Failing that... they're just stupid. And READ THE FUCKING MANUAL! Jesus Christ! Back in the 80s & 90s I loved reading the manuals and the boxes. C64 load times you know.

NerevarineKing

Learned
There aren't random encounters or respawnimg enemies. The starter dungeon in BG2 is basically a tutorial for the rest of the game.

Last edited:

perfectslumbers

Arbiter
I scrolled through the BG2 steam reviews and there were very few Larian cultists in there. Most negative reviews were complaining about bugs or Beamdog companions or how it's worse than the original BG games, and a few were saying it's too outdated for zoomer brains. Very few mentioned Larian or Divinity.

KeighnMcDeath

RPG Codex Boomer
Lol. I'd hate to see these idiots muddle through and even older game. Actually, it'd be entertaining.
raw

Bester

⚰️☠️⚱️
Patron
Vatnik
Aren't there random encounters on rest even in the starter dungeon. And if you're really bad at this, you might get stuck forever resting up from your last rest encounter.
That guy never even wanted to click the rest button. Why would he? Irenicus is out for a quick smoke, you need to get out now. The guy played it like a boss and you guys are all piling on him.

perfectslumbers

Arbiter
Reminds me of when Noah Gervais reviewed the series and played on story difficulty and claimed people only play Baldur's Gate for the story. He didn't even know how thac0 worked by the end. Least you can do is read the manual for the game you make a 2 hour video about.

Fedora Master

Arcane
Patron
Edgy
Reminds me of when Noah Gervais reviewed the series and played on story difficulty and claimed people only play Baldur's Gate for the story. He didn't even know how thac0 worked by the end. Least you can do is read the manual for the game you make a 2 hour video about.

You don't even need to understand THAC0. Classes are fairly locked into which armor and weapons they can use so giving your fighters the best plate and your rogues the best leathers is all you need to be effective.
This isn't 3.5 where Dex and light armor trumps heavy stuff.

Reinhardt

Arcane
That 46 hours review is definitely trolling. It has to be impossible for someone to be that retarded.
Maybe he's playing Big World. There are few yuge mods you can access from irenicus dungeon.

wishbonetail

Learned

You don't even need to understand THAC0. Classes are fairly locked into which armor and weapons they can use so giving your fighters the best plate and your rogues the best leathers is all you need to be effective.
This isn't 3.5 where Dex and light armor trumps heavy stuff.
More so, you don't even need character sheet in BG. There's barely any character customization, only high level abilities, and thief gets some skills. Its more like an RTS/RPG hybrid this way. Mages are fun, though.

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
I scrolled through the BG2 steam reviews and there were very few Larian cultists in there. Most negative reviews were complaining about bugs or Beamdog companions or how it's worse than the original BG games, and a few were saying it's too outdated for zoomer brains. Very few mentioned Larian or Divinity.

I know. But reviews complaining about it have a point and aren't funny as Larian cultists complaining cuz they can't understand that not every game uses the same magical system of wow and wow clones.

Codex Year of the Donut
Go check BG3 gog reviews, it's all old boomers crying that the game isn't RTwP.

Ontopoly

Disco Hitler
Jaheira is a widow in mourning. She is in a very vulnerable mind state. If anything, i think the romance reflects worse on the player than her. You monsters took advantage of her situation and vulnerability under the facade of friendship and trying to comfort a friend.

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Go check BG3 gog reviews, it's all old boomers crying that the game isn't RTwP.

Looked in gog.

Page 1 - CTRL + F "rtwp" = 0 results
Page 2 - CTRL + F "rtwp" = 0 results
Page 3 - CTRL + F "rtwp" = 1 result. And is only one of many points that he complained
Page 4 - CTRL + F "rtwp" = 0 results
Page 5 - CTRL + F "rtwp" = 0 results
Page 6 - CTRL + F "rtwp" = 0 results
Page 7 - CTRL + F "rtwp" = 0 results
Page 8 - CTRL + F "rtwp" = 0 results
Page 9 - CTRL + F "rtwp" = 0 results
Page 10 - CTRL + F "rtwp" = 0 results

Can you name reviews?

In the page 3, RtWP is only one complains of this guy in page 3, and is one of many critiques towards BG3. I don't agree with all of then, like party limit. A lot of games has party limit = 4 outside of consoles. Both Dark Sun CRPG's had it. Other of his critiques are true but also applies to other games, for eg, the intelligent goblins, I think that is a problem? yes, but is not as if BG2 din't had a problem with hordes of hoboliches in every poor tavern basement. I din't saw many boomers complaining cuz it is RtWP in fact, most CRPG boomers played Strategic simulation inc games which are all turn based, except ravenloft : strahd possession

Yzm6fIq.png

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom