Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Larian General Discussion Thread

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Hard to believe they're making a Dragon Commander 2 or anything like that. A previously unreleased teaser that they've decided to release for posterity, I'd guess.

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
Hard to believe they're making a Dragon Commander 2 or anything like that. A previously unreleased teaser that they've decided to release for posterity, I'd guess.

Yeah, I guess so. (And they should make more RPGs :cool:)

Actually I wouldn't mind if they license a sequel to a studio with more experience in making strategy games (and writing and RPG-ish parts reside with Larian). Well, if it's viable. :P

Sjukob

Arcane
-They are happy with people that worked in S.petersburg and eventually they will start working on D:OS2.
-Larian S.Petersburg divison will start working on new project , but Swen didn't provide any information about it .
-Lots of people from Russia have applied for job in Larian , Swen wants to hire at least 40 by the end of the year .
-Quoting Swen "We are working on 4 big ideas at the moment , they are very different and I can't tell you anything about them . We have to take our time and think what we will do next"
-Swen has admitted that they are indeed hiring people to work on the new project , he says that they liked the style of their recently released games .
-Dragon commander was made purely for fans , Swen thinks that they really fucked up in some aspects , but is still happy that the game was released .
-Swen is happy with people's feedback regarding D:OS2 early access and says that it helped to determine some of the game related problems , he also adds that they pay attention to ideas given to them by community , even the crazy ones .
-Larian will not send pre-release copies of D:OS2 to reviewers . He says it helps to avoid problems .
-Swen barely plays games , because of how critical of games he is . D:OS was a horrible game in his oppinion and he doesn't understand how the game was accepted so positively .
-The last games that Swen played and enjoyed were Civilization VI and Darkest Dungeon .

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Larian will not send pre-release copies of D:OS2 to reviewers . He says it helps to avoid problems .

Will enjoy seeing this spun as anti-consumer from those who genuinely are anti-consumer.

Swen barely plays games , because of how critical of games he is . D:OS was a horrible game in his oppinion and he doesn't understand how the game was accepted so positively .

And yet I was the one who made it onto forktong's ignore list.

Weasel
Swen barely plays games , because of how critical of games he is . D:OS was a horrible game in his oppinion and he doesn't understand how the game was accepted so positively .

And yet I was the one who made it onto forktong's ignore list.

To be fair, you were on a rather energetic Larian trolling phase a couple of years ago though :lol:

If a Larian game saved your life you might as well kill yourself for being so worthless.

Have you ever done anything in your life that made unknown people come up to you and say "Thank you for this"? If so, you would know how this feels. The first time I got an email that "thanked" me for the support and all, I did not know what to say. I will not go into details, but that guy was in a pretty bad place, and got comfort from playing games. I don't care if he was playing Beyond Divinity or Call of Duty. We too often forget that to some, a game means more than mere entertainment. I know you're playing a character here and you have to be a bit of an ass, but I do believe there must be some humanity in your IRL self to realize that books/theatre/movies/games can indeed help people. If you had ever received a mail like that, which made you realize you're doing more than simply going to work every day, you'd probably understand. It only happens once a year or so, but it does give you a morale boost. It doesn't make us feel better about ourselves, but it does make our job or industry feel more important than it did the day before.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Yikes, I could have phrased that to be less brusque. 2013 Roguey seems awfully sour. I guess that would be around the time when I was still in a full Lesi-LARP mode.

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
This is today's secret gift for Divinity Advent Calendar:

I didn't check all the past Advent Calendar goodies, so may have missed more videos like this.

gaussgunner

Arcane
-Swen barely plays games , because of how critical of games he is . D:OS was a horrible game in his oppinion and he doesn't understand how the game was accepted so positively .

Everything else is complete shit, that's how. Decent turnbased combat, freedom to be evil, good music, almost no bugs... but he's basically right.

This is today's secret gift for Divinity Advent Calendar:

Some secrets are best kept.
Also, it is confirmed, Larian skunkworks project is a VR shooter :lol:

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
18740530_1477509375642589_1766510843635738985_n.jpg

Two years ago today Kirill Pokrovsky, the man who composed the music of Divine Divinity, Beyond Divinity, Divinity 2, Dragon Commander, and Divinity: Original Sin, passed away. As producer David Walgrave said: “It would be unfair to narrow Kirill down to just Kirill, the musician. He was more than just music. He was into everything. He was into life.”

Let’s honor that life today by listening to some of his beautiful music and by being into life. We will never forget you Kirill. Rock in peace.https://youtu.be/-dStHe6h_Xg?t=2m05s

https://www.facebook.com/LarianStud...83318.57774.154072634652943/1477509375642589/

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
https://www.facebook.com/LarianStudios/posts/1550838481643011

It's Book Lovers Day! We asked our writers to tell us their favorite books!

Char: "Light" by M John Harrison
Stephen: "Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy" by Douglas Adams
Sarah: "Leaves of Grass" by Walt Whitman
Devin: "Night Watch" by Terry Pratchett
Kevin: "The World According to Garp" by John Irving
John: "100 years of solitude" by Gabriel Garcia Marquez

Those are ours, what are some of yours?

YES!

Hi, I'm Roqua
Dumbfuck
I guarantee the next game will be a 1st/third person game like DD2 made for console and plays like the Witcher. This will be Larians second big push into the console market with hopes of being the next CD project/ Bioware /Bethesda. I really wish the would stick to trying to make really good, really rpg focused crpgs. Fuck consoles and shit console games for monkeys and retards.

Self-Ejected

Harry Easter

Self-Ejected
Divinity 2 was a really good game and I would like to see another game in that style. I like the DivOS style better but why not have both.

Yeah, why not both? They are good at both genres, so win-win for me.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom