Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

LARPFEST

Azira

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
I'll bet we'll fuck this up as badly as we've fucked the rest up until now. :smug:

Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
To paraphrase a programming wisdom: "Writing LPs today is a race between writers striving to build bigger and better idiot- proof LPs, and the Codex trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Codex is winning".

Baltika

Educated
Yaar, as this LP, and Dwarf Fortress, too, eloquently display: losing is fun. Root even makes it pleasurable.

Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Baltika said:
Yaar, as this LP, and Dwarf Fortress, too, eloquently display: losing is fun. Root even makes it pleasurable.

I never said it isn't. I immensely enjoy every consequence of choices we make, be them favorable or fatal. Root writes all kinds well.

Baltika

Educated
I agree. I especially like his "if you ain't intelligent enough to make the right choice, then boo-fucking-hoo, you die. Motherfucker." way. First time a game has me coming back to get my balls kicked up to my throat. Root, I damire you, sir.

Also, I'm drunk. Any and all homosexuality references and jokes,, as well as grammar mistakes, don't count.

Azael

Magister
Wasteland 2
Yeah, with the SM and Hax, we fucked up big time since there were paths that would have most likely led to a better outcome. With Cypher/Brokeeper and the Orks I think we made some fitting choices and that their demises were perfectly fine.

Esquilax

Arcane
Azael said:
Yeah, with the SM and Hax, we fucked up big time since there were paths that would have most likely led to a better outcome. With Cypher/Brokeeper and the Orks I think we made some fitting choices and that their demises were perfectly fine.

I agree with this. The SM and especially the Hax chapters were such a mess because of a serious lack of consistency and an inability to look at things long-term. It was pretty much understood that the Hax segment was going to turn out to be a fuck-up of epic proportions when people voted to flop to chaos for shits and giggles, followed by deciding to visit Lord Inquisitor when Tzeentch would have taken care of that for us. The crowning jewel of it was going full-retard on DEVOUR SOUL!!!1!!11! at the end. Really, I think only the Codex could manage to screw up that badly.

But goddamn, sure was fun though. I think folks wised up a bit during the Cypher/Brokeeper chapters, however. Even though they died, the mission was nevertheless accomplished.

However, with the Ork segment, there was a significant hint in the quotation that root provided:

Imperial thought for the day: A wise man always seeks compromise

Kayerts

Arcane
In Hax's defense:
(a) The Inquisition had plans to put us on trial for treason, heresy, and being an inhuman abomination. I don't think missing tea with Caidin would have made them throw up their hands and say, "damn, he's outwitted us!"
(b) Hax actually chose to suppress the hunger more often than not. Admittedly, this is a lot like saying he chose not to go on a murder spree many more times than he did.

I think the cause of our latest debacle was that a lot of people were equating "in-character Orky" with "stupid." Normally, that's a completely valid thing to do. If you're just one of the boyz, you can probably get by just yelling "WAAAGH!" and hitting the nearest thing that looks like it would be interesting to hit. (And by "get by," I generally mean "have a brief life that ends extremely painfully, as is typical for the species.") Warlords who manage to conquer Ork empires are generally supposed to be more forward-thinking than that, though.

Anyway, I'm looking forward to the fluff updates.

oscar

Arcane
Esquilax said:
Really, I think only the Codex could manage to screw up that badly

Shut up.

Kayerts said:
Warlords who manage to conquer Ork empires are generally supposed to be more forward-thinking than that, though

But not "hey lets ask the Emperor's Finest if we can chill with them under their Planetary Defence Grid for a while" forward thinking.

Nicely written. I really like your Deceiver, want more of him (even as cameos).

First three paragraphs are for Tzeentch, Khorn and Nurgle I assume?

I don't think that those paragraphs were births of the gods, just instances of people unknowingly praising or turning to them. You know, to make it clear that you don't have to carve eight-pointed star on your forehead and chant silly things in order for chaos gods to thrive - being human, with fears, aspirations and emotions is enough.

Storyfag

Perfidious Pole
Patron
Azael said:
I always thought that Nurgle was the oldest god, but Khorne the first one to take shape?

Nope, Tzeentch is the eldest, Nurgle and Khorne came to be in about the same time (being nearly twin brothers they naturally hate each other, though not as strongly as the traditional Tzeentch-Nurgle and Khorne-Slaanesh hatreds) and Slaanesh is the yonguest

Kayerts

Arcane
Could you explain that, a little? I've seen Khorne frequently referred to as the oldest and most powerful of the gods, coming fully into existence during Earth's Middle Ages. I believe the most recent fluff has something about Tzeentch predating him in "unawakened" form, whatever that means? And I think Nurgle is supposed to be the oldest in Warhammer Fantasy, although not in 40K.

Kayerts

Arcane
root said:
It would take, in the treacherous frost-covered roads of Siberia, perhaps a month to reach their destination.

...that being near the Podkamennaya Tunguska River, I presume?

And the Count's an Old One, that's interesting. I'd been thinking he was the Emperor, but based on the earlier dialogue between E and VD, he can't be both.

I have only the most high-level idea of how all this connects to the main plot, but it's certainly interesting.

grotsnik

Arcane
the brutal murder of two old women by a young, deluded man with an axe

But...but...Lizaveta isn't an old woman - she's only in her thirties!

DEATH TO ROOT!

...nah, this is great fun. A lovely change of pace. Keep it up, bro.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom