Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

LARPFEST

Azael

Magister
Wasteland 2
Didn't guess on St. Germain to be an Old One actually, should have figured that you would have them make an appearance in your LP. Great update, loved the Crime and Punishment reference. Very intrigued about what's the deal with the box.

Baltika

Educated
A. Creativity and inventiveness is what drove progress and made man into what he is now, for better of worse. As long as there is creativity, there is freedom and human spirit, and hope.

Storyfag

Perfidious Pole
Patron
root said:
I am Malcador...The Sigilite.

:love:

I said:

B) "Mankind must rule supreme among the stars, a perfect species with unlimited potential through whatever means are available to us, so it need never fear the dark again. I must rule so that mankind may one day rule in my stead, united. And permanent."

grotsnik

Arcane
"Mankind needs to be protected from the evil that lies unheeded. The petty tyrants that would seek to enslave it, the demagogues that would turn life into mere survival. I and those who will truly hear my words will seek to protect humanity from the lies of its enemies, both within and without."

Perhaps an unwise preference in a universe of gibbering horror and alien hordes, but those who favour security over liberty and all that...

Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
A

We should emphasize the features that make humanity what it is.

Also, the latest updates are awesome :incline: I love the references to classic literature, hope you'll be able to keep it up in the next updates.

Kz3r0

Arcane
"Mankind must achieve its full psychic potential once again, this time with the knowledge of the perils it will bring. We are a race of creation. We must strive to be that once again, but shed the hubris that led to our doom. And then we must bring that enlightenment to others."

Azira

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
root said:
"Mankind must rule supreme among the stars, a perfect species with unlimited potential through whatever means are available to us, so it need never fear the dark again. I must rule so that mankind may one day rule in my stead, united. And permanent."

:salute:

Azael

Magister
Wasteland 2
grotsnik said:
"Mankind needs to be protected from the evil that lies unheeded. The petty tyrants that would seek to enslave it, the demagogues that would turn life into mere survival. I and those who will truly hear my words will seek to protect humanity from the lies of its enemies, both within and without."

Perhaps an unwise preference in a universe of gibbering horror and alien hordes, but those who favour security over liberty and all that...

HERES... Er, I mean, I agree completely.

C

Great update, even if you just went full Battlestar Galactica on us. ;)

So the Emperor was created through an unholy alliance between the Old Ones and the C'tan and the Chaos Gods started out as Old Ones as well? Unexpected, as was the nature of the excession...

Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
root said:

Malcador is badass. So badass that he in fact sat in the Golden Throne while the Emperor was fighting with Horus. So did anything interesting was done by The Deceiver while he was sitting on the Throne? Some subtle manipulations? Data acquisition?

This also means that Malcador dying afterwards was just a coverup...

Storyfag

Perfidious Pole
Patron
Yaar Podshipnik said:
root said:

Malcador is badass. So badass that he in fact sat in the Golden Throne while the Emperor was fighting with Horus. So did anything interesting was done by The Deceiver while he was sitting on the Throne? Some subtle manipulations? Data acquisition?

This also means that Malcador dying afterwards was just a coverup...

Eh? Why would Malcador's time on the Throne mean the Deceiver could do anything special? And why couldn't the Throne have drained Malcador for real? Because he's an Old One? That doesn't mean he had to survive...

Blargh.... read comprehension fail. I've somehow got mixed up thinking that deceiver was Malcador...

The question remains though. I don't believe that an Old One wouldn't try to use such powerful artifact for something to further its own goals.

Kayerts

Arcane
Well, based on the central speech there, the Old Ones' interests are humanity's interests. Definitionally so, in fact.

Anyway, very interesting update! Kind of yanks the carpet out from under WH40K canon, but that's fun and makes the galaxy more of a mysterious place. Various thoughts:
* Nice to see Blavatsky make an appearance; she was the one I originally guessed the Count was going to go see in St. Petersburg.
* The God-Emperor was made in Rasputin's image. Huh. I didn't see that one coming.
* I appreciate the overlap between this and the canonical mass-shaman-suicide Emperor origin story.

Also, C.

Azira

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
root said:
vote, my childrun! this vote is more important than thout thinkst!

also, everybody realized humans = old ones, right?

Well, if we didn't, then the dumbification really outdid itself, wouldn't you say? :smug:

Thanks for clarification Root.

From all those updates follows, that the Emperor of Mankind... is just a tool ;)

Storyfag

Perfidious Pole
Patron
root said:
as VD said, he could have overpowered TEH EMPRAH in an instant, but chose not to (and he wasn't lying).

seems like VD chose right.

This bit has me puzzled. I thought TEH EMPRAH fought the Void Dragon sometime during the Middle Ages. Now you bring us an EMPRAH born at the dawn of the 20th century (also, he's a third attempt, if I understood Malcador correctly?). So when did the two of them fight?

Now, Kodex, I am disappoint! :decline:

Only Azira and I are human supremacists thinking that "Mankind must rule supreme among the stars" etc?!

Go die in hell :rage:

Azael

Magister
Wasteland 2
Storyfag said:
Now, Kodex, I am disappoint! :decline:

Only Azira and I are human supremacists thinking that "Mankind must rule supreme among the stars" etc?!

Go die in hell :rage:

Monodominants are the dullest Puritans around, embrace the Brighthammer!

Hoodoo

Arcane
God without hubris? lolhorusheresy

nah, awesum update, weaving esoteric history nods into wh40k mythology is some genius :salute:

Votan A - SPACE ELVES OR NOT

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom