Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

LARPFEST

Kayerts

Arcane
You guys do realize that the Great God just saved our asses, right? That he even brought Lorgar to heel for us? And that all those greater daemons we have--the ones that form the strongest part of our forces, here and across the galaxy--are to varying degrees His avatars? Based on that, it seems clear to me that

Haha, just kidding. WAR to the death.

Fuck this is dangerous. How the fuck are we supposed to take on the Void Dragon without any immensely powerful Gods on our side?

The same way a poor, fatherless, 10-year-old prisoner took on all of central Asia. Genghis Khan conquered that world once; he can do it again.

Oh, and Root--awesome update; unifying the Judge and the Khagan worked remarkably well. Loved the exchange between him and the autarch. One minor correction, though; did that update say Iyanden when you meant Alaitoc? Since Alaitoc was the craftworld the Resistance captured back in Act 3, I mean.

Kayerts

Arcane
It just occurred to me that it would be a hilarious twist if the operative that the Void Dragon was talking about two updates ago turned out to be currently posing not as Lucius but as Doombreed. Taking out the Eldar and Slaanesh would both be pretty good for VD.

Kayerts said:
Taking out the Eldar and Slaanesh would both be pretty good for VD.

Snuffing out the Eldurr and Slaanesh would be like a dream come true, hence I put my vote towards this as well.

Ulminati said:
WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGH!

P.S. Slaanesh is still the shittiest god around

Hoodoo

Arcane
Doombreed, the anti-thesis to War, War never changes

chaos4eva
popamole voting anyother way

grotsnik

Arcane
B. You fools allow yourselves to be deceived by a romantic notion; a crusade, self-martyrdom, the hopeless charge.

Kayerts

Arcane
grotsnik said:
B. You fools allow yourselves to be deceived by a romantic notion; a crusade, self-martyrdom, the hopeless charge.

Yeah, probably. The best case scenario is that we lose our most powerful troops (the greater daemons) and a large segment of our support in the Traitor Legions. From a purely pragmatic standpoint, this isn't the best move. (Assuming we could survive whatever Doombreed would do next, which is actually a pretty serious assumption.)

But there's a little thing called principle. The principle of betraying absolutely everyone, whenever possible, always.

Baltika

Educated
Now that I think about it... Root, wouldn't we be pleasing Malal by going full traitor with Ghengis Khan? Maybe it was his plan all along. Who's Doombreed really working for, Root?

skuphundaku

Economic devastator, Mk. 11
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 MCA Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2 My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
Baltika said:
Now that I think about it... Root, wouldn't we be pleasing Malal by going full traitor with Ghengis Khan? Maybe it was his plan all along. Who's Doombreed really working for, Root?

I don't think that with Ghengis Khan constitutes a betrayal because we're not betraying the principles of Chaos itself. We are just turning our backs on it's current leaders which, in my opinion, act more like a more decadent version of the Emperor and his little doggies. Jeremiah is acting towards the new Slaanesh with the same stupid, misplaced reverence he had for the Emperor when he was still alive. That doesn't make him awesome, it just makes him a fool. He's a tool and he deserves nothing better than what his new beloved god is going to get when the Eldar get to him/her/kc.

There is the possibility Kayerts was right and Doombreed has already been replaced by the Madhatta entity :D. That would be really lulzy! That would probably mean that we'll be used by the VD to fight and the Tyranids, and we'll manage to survive that only if we're ridiculously lucky.

Kayerts

Arcane
I wouldn't worry about the treachery aspect of this. We're finally playing a faction where that's completely in character. There's a reason the Chaos Space Marines aren't known as the Highly Dependable Legions.

My bit about Doombreed being replaced was mostly a paranoia-inducing hypothetical; I don't think that's actually the case. That scenario would require Madhatta killing the real Doombreed. This would be quite a feat, since not only is he one of the main badasses of the universe, but daemon princes are immortal and reincarnate once their mortal form is destroyed. I think we can be reasonably confident that Doombreed's plot to overthrow God is actually his own.

Baltika

Educated
Still alive? Plotting anything? Manipulating someone? Should we be expecting it to appear?

oscar

Arcane
C. Time is of the essence for us. Though I wouldn't mind A either.

Darth Roxor

Rattus Iratus
Staff Member
Tough choice between A and B.

C is dum because we need a sufficient amount of bros first before we can burn Terra down.

A is appealing to watch Calixis burn and we could finally see the friggin tyranids, but Typhus is a fag.

B is appealing because Kharn is a bro. But who gives a fuck about Ultima Segmentum.

*shrug*

B!!!111111

Kayerts

Arcane
C means trusting Lucius, a.k.a. Madhatta, a.k.a. the Void Dragon's unstable AI operative. It's a suicidally stupid choice. Don't pick C.

B seems bad, too. The Resistance isn't our real enemy. We were already the lesser evil from their perspective; with our renunciation of the Dark God, we really shouldn't be their top priority, nor should they be ours. Our interests aren't even that strongly opposed; both of our victory conditions involve toppling the False Emperor but not exterminating humanity. Horus apparently had a bone to pick with us despite all this, but he seems unlikely to be a future problem.

A sounds good. Let's return to Calixis, while we still have our demons. We have some old friends to catch up with.

Edit: Also, there's the point that Kharn is probably the subcommander most likely to remain loyal to us after our abandonment of the False God becomes known. He would definitely be sympathetic to our decision to turn on God for not being a bro. Madhatta's already running one fleet; assuming direct control of Typhus's fleet gives us the best chance to not immediately lose another fleet after the shit hits the fan in the Warp.

Darth Roxor

Rattus Iratus
Staff Member
Kayerts said:
Edit: Also, there's the point that Kharn is probably the subcommander most likely to remain loyal to us after our abandonment of the False God becomes known.

Yeah. But first his fleet would have to be not blown to bits :M

Esquilax

Arcane
I wonder, would the remnants of the Resistance be open to an alliance? I mean, now that we're no longer under the sway of the Dark Gods, is it possible? After all, we do need all the help we can get to defeat the Void Dragon and having a few Primarchs at our side would certainly help.

Azael

Magister
Wasteland 2
Undecided between A and B. Obviously, I'd like to see more of root's take on that swell guy Khârn and he is most likely to still be our bro, as far as someone named the Betrayer can be trusted of course. Don't think Khârn is really the commander type though, more the "Send him in to fuck up everybody, and I mean everybody" type. I'm not sure that pursuing La Résistance is that important at the moment either. They're most likely severely weakened as it is and they are the smallest of the bugs we have left to squash.

I guess I'm leaning more towards A. Calixis is closest to where we are and would be reached the fastest. Besides, always fun to visit the site of our most glorious fuck up so far and see if we can't fuck it up even more.

A it is then

Kayerts

Arcane
Esquilax said:
I wonder, would the remnants of the Resistance be open to an alliance? I mean, now that we're no longer under the sway of the Dark Gods, is it possible? After all, we do need all the help we can get to defeat the Void Dragon and having a few Primarchs at our side would certainly help.

They really should be open to it. Two ex-Traitor primarchs constitute 40% of their leadership, and the Thousand Sons are the backbone of their armies. Having to put "betrayed mankind for the promises of the Dark Gods" on your resumé doesn't seem to immediately disqualify you from working with them.

It mostly depends on where they fall on the pragmatism-zeal spectrum. Despite the fact that they don't stand a chance if they try to go one-on-one with the Void Dragon, and we're the only potential allies available to them at this point, they may just follow the grand tradition established by Brother-Captain Ezekiel and tell us "fuck you, we got this."

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom