Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

LARPFEST

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
I think it is time for Jeremiah to reach the goal we placed for him way back in Act 1: To reach holy Terra. And though all his fellow marines are dead(or are they?!) he can still accomplish this goal to honor them.

C: MARCH UPON THE GOLDEN THRONE

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
Since A would mean we help out the entity previously known as Madhatta who is - most likely - an agent of the Void Dragon, that option seems rather stupid to go with.

We don't really have the kind of firepower to take on terra without Ze Resistance on our side. Much as I'd like to vote C, I can't see that going well for us.

Which leaves us with option B, by virtue of being least crap.

B

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
Stop abusing OOC knowledge damn you'z!

That way lies only the death of larp and the fucking up of chaos.

Baltika

Educated
Ultima Segmentum and Kharn. Plus, try to convert the remaining resistance to an alliance with us.
If we suceed in that, we might lose Kharn's loyalty, but gain the support of, what, thoree primarchs? Four?

And if we fail, hey, we still get the swellest guy in this beautiful, cheerful galaxy.

Kayerts

Arcane
By my count, votes are tied at 6A, 6C.

Do any of the three B votes want to flop to A? Otherwise, the current thread title is looking prophetic, albeit not in the way Jeremiah intended.

Esquilax

Arcane
I would normally want to vote for B, because I want to try for an alliance with the Resistance so that we can band together to take on the Void Dragon, but because I think that C is dumb and suicidal, I will vote for A, which is not a horrible choice, but it doesn't advance our goals.

A

Esquilax

Arcane
root said:
gone are the times when people argued about the best course and we could have as many as 20 votes and many pages of discussion...ah, the things I've seen, brothers...A whole chapter of Space Marines exterminated on the soil of Cadia...Ships on fire off the shoulder of the Halo Cluster...Gauss Beams glittering in the dark above Accatran..all those memories will be lost now, like tears in the rain.

Yeah, but was it ever like that to begin with? I mean, there was a bit of it here and there, but folks usually voted for whatever option they felt was the most interesting for a story perspective. Which I guess has resulted in one helluva ride, but after 4 acts of getting our asses kicked, I'd figure that people would want to win at one point or another.

Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Any more thinking than ABC and we fuck ourselves horribly. Maybe that's the reason the discussion is not as lively?

skuphundaku

Economic devastator, Mk. 11
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 MCA Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2 My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
I'll go with B on this one. Not because I think we should fight the Resistance, but because we should try to get in contact with the Resistance and try to forge an alliance against the VD. Hell, half of them were on the side of Chaos for some 10k years, so it wouldn't even be that much of a stretch.

A would just help the VD by us keeping the Tyranids busy (or the Tyranids keeping us busy... you can see it either way, the results being the same in the end), while C would be suicidal.

Darth Roxor

Rattus Iratus
Staff Member
Yes, I'm sure the resistance will LOVE to hear of an alliance with us. The ever-hated forces of Chaos itself, who have just happened to board the vessel of the resistance's 'leader' (Horus) to smack him in the face.

I'm sure Leman Russ and co will be most enthusiastic :M

Hell, half of them were on the side of Chaos for some 10k years, so it wouldn't even be that much of a stretch.

And that half being what, only Magnus, who has just legged it with his legion, leaving Horus to die. He's probably gonna have a very gud welcome among other primarchs :M

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
It is most amusing to see the codex drive chaos into death and ruin.

Just as planned by the eldarfags many updates ago :smug:

Also, the loss of the greater daemons will barely be felt when we engage the popultion of 100% untouchables on terra anyway. Onward to glory and beautiful war, to Terra!

Kayerts

Arcane
Esquilax said:
Yeah, but was it ever like that to begin with? I mean, there was a bit of it here and there, but folks usually voted for whatever option they felt was the most interesting for a story perspective. Which I guess has resulted in one helluva ride, but after 4 acts of getting our asses kicked, I'd figure that people would want to win at one point or another.

Well, in the current choice, we almost had a plurality in favor of the option for "carry our coffins on our backs to die in disgraceful failure." I don't think people are tired of getting their asses kicked yet.

I think the lack of debate might be more related to the perception that the relationship between player choices and consequences is somewhat opaque. That seems unavoidable in any remotely realistic story of a galaxy-wide war, since the results of any choices made in any conflict on that scale would be pretty damned opaque, even to superhuman military geniuses. But when it's too hard to figure out what, if any, impact your choice will have, it can also be harder to get invested in any debate over that choice.

My impression is that people are still interested, but a significant fraction of them are interested in the story as a whole, rather than in whether any one character lives or dies. Conversely, this is probably why we saw so much debate and recrimination during Act 2, because the story and characters very definitely encouraged us to get attached to Marius Hax and his bros.

skuphundaku

Economic devastator, Mk. 11
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 MCA Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2 My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
root said:
so would you guys rather continue the story and have the horus x jeremiah/khaineaad vs great god later, or would you rather have it now? there'd still be choices, but the updaets would be different obviously

I'm for having it now.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom