Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

LARPFEST

Kayerts

Arcane
Tried it before; I feel your pain. Good fight scenes rely heavily on tension, which is a tricky thing to create in general, but especially in a divine battle, since it requires that the audience have some sense of the combatants' limits. This is a problem because any decent divine character is not fully understood in nature and ability. So, very hard to do well; Homer and Milton both tried it, and neither really nailed it. Good luck!

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
You killed Eldar! You bastard :x

Just kidding. A most excellent update brother root. But I still want to know who the radical inquisitor was/is. :thumbsup:

Hoodoo

Arcane
01%20america%20fuck%20yeah.jpg

Kayerts

Arcane
grotsnik said:
I would, but your face is beneath my fists

:/

That line didn't make any sense to me on first reading, so I did a search for it and found that the referenced quote didn't make sense in its context, either. I applaud Root's commitment to authenticity.

Anyway, great update! The emphasis was in the right places.

Azael

Magister
Wasteland 2
Just as planned. :smug:

Leaving Swarmlord alive might actually be good in the long run, remember what body he was spawned from and what had inflicted Hax. I'd say we follow the manly fag's advice and cut our losses. Calixis isn't one of our primary targets the way I see it. Keeping Typhus, Mortarion and Perturabo alive would sure be useful though...

C

Reject_666_6

Arcane
Azael said:
Just as planned. :smug:

Leaving Swarmlord alive might actually be good in the long run, remember what body he was spawned from and what had inflicted Hax. I'd say we follow the manly fag's advice and cut our losses. Calixis isn't one of our primary targets the way I see it. Keeping Typhus, Mortarion and Perturabo alive would sure be useful though...

C

Darth Roxor

Rattus Iratus
Staff Member
I would say A because the Death Guard are bros and I would hate to see them wiped out.

As for why A and not everything else:

Not C because C means we only came here to waste time. And Elethomiel is a fag :M

Not B because it's too risky, and I mean seriously too risky. Wasn't the Swarmlord supposed to be p. much one of the most powerful beings in existence now and with the most numerous army, now that our armada is scattered all over Calixis and Ultima? And we'd have to find and fight it on its own territory - just no.

Perhaps eliminating the tyrants will give us enough time, even if it's only hours, to sow confusion that will allow us to jettison our bros from the surface.

Esquilax

Arcane
I'm going with Darth Roxor's solid reasoning. We can't take heavy losses against the Tyranids and we need to fight one enemy at a time. Our focus is the Void Dragon

A

Kayerts

Arcane
Azael said:
Just as planned.

Seriously. The excitement of having a complex plan turn out more or less the way we intended is far outweighing the fact that it's completely fucking us right now.

Darth Roxor said:
Not B because it's too risky, and I mean seriously too risky. Wasn't the Swarmlord supposed to be p. much one of the most powerful beings in existence now

Yes. And it sounds like he's hanging out near the Excession, which as we know is the safest place in the universe for a fleet. And I suspect the Brokeeper's analysis of the situation is almost completely wrong. And then there's this:

Imperial thought for the day said:
Faith will not unjam your weapon nor add an edge to your blade. Combat is won through preparation, not recklessness.

A.

Reject_666_6

Arcane
I'm going to insert my fragile penis in root's ass until he decides to update this unworthy wreckage of a thread back to its former glory.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom