Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

LARPFEST

taplonaplo

Scholar
B

C is rather reckless, A could come back as an issue later.

B) Summon the deposed queen to the stand and demonstrate her obvious stupidity?
Is there something I'm missing here? Has the deposed queen been mentioned before, and was she particularly retarded?

Also this choice might backfire, if she doesn't demonstrate stupidity.

Also, can we ask the halo device if it can determine whether lord Caffiq is a genestealer or not? Because if he is, we can blow the secret and demand an examination of him in public. If one of the prosecutions main witnesses is a genestealer that would completely discredit their cause.

taplonaplo

Scholar
herostratus said:
Also, can we ask the halo device if it can determine whether lord Caffiq is a genestealer or not? Because if he is, we can blow the secret and demand an examination of him in public. If one of the prosecutions main witnesses is a genestealer that would completely discredit their cause.
It's not that easy. Revealing our source is out of the question, so we would have to make up some shit as i our word doesn't weight anything right now.

Reject_666_6

Arcane
taplonaplo said:

C is rather reckless? FFS, we're on trial for heresy and treason, I think it's rather important that we prove our innocence in each accusation instead of discussing it for a bit then hoping the judge will like us. These things aren't won by average performance; if we prove extra hard that we're not heretical, we'd still be guilty of treason!

taplonaplo

Scholar
Reject_666_6 said:
taplonaplo said:

C is rather reckless? FFS, we're on trial for heresy and treason, I think it's rather important that we prove our innocence in each accusation instead of discussing it for a bit then hoping the judge will like us. These things aren't won by average performance; if we prove extra hard that we're not heretical, we'd still be guilty of treason!
I don't think trading blows head on with the Deceiver would be a smart idea in our current position, you can bet your ass he is not your run of the mill orator. The thing is, he can't do much else than beat around the bush either, since just like us he can't reveal his true agenda.

And i agree average performance won't be a winner, but to me B seems to give us the best opportunity to come up on top in the follow up.

Kayerts

Arcane
Ignoring an accusation of treason is dangerous; admitting we backed mutants in rebellion against the lawful rule of one of our planetary governors is worse. It's better to pin blame for the debacle on a scapegoat; it shouldn't be hard for Cain to paint a genocidal and incompetent queen as the true cause for the fall of her government. Therefore, B.

Darth Roxor

Rattus Iratus
Staff Member
"Have you betrayed the Imperium?"

Yes.

"Yes."

Cain pulled out his Laspistol and shot the Lord-Commander between the eyes.

"No further questions."

:lol:

Cain is the brosiest of the bros. :salute:

Tough choice. And I see my single different vote probably won't change much, but I'm going with B!!!11111

A seems to risky for a number of reasons. Kaede is an Inquisition member, he cannot be trusted to give a fully true testimony. Besides, we don't even *know* what happened in Dusk, so he can fabricate the story as much as he wants.

C is... uh, I simply don't see how that can work. 'Yes, yes, I agree, I'm a heretic... BUT THAT GUY? HE'S A FRIGGIN GENESTEALER, BROS'

'And you know that... how exactly?'

'Oh, you know a bunch of mad xeno souls told me through this nifty ring I have... oops'

Crooked Bee

(no longer) a wide-wandering bee
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire MCA Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
A

The most intriguing option.

root said:
Cain got up, approached the witness stand, and asked the Lord-Commander:

"Have you betrayed the Imperium?"

Yes.

"Yes."

Cain pulled out his Laspistol and shot the Lord-Commander between the eyes.

"No further questions."

Hehe.

Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Gonna go with B this time. Luring the deceiver into a trap might be hard.

Also if things go really bad, any chance of getting our hands at those c'tan blades and stabbing the deceiver? I know he will just assimilate it but this should rise more than few eyebrows. Of course we could get all killed by stargods display of power...

Azael

Magister
Wasteland 2
How exactly are we to use the body of the guy who discovered oxygen, do we have it in our possession?

Deceiving the Deceiver would be fun, but I'm going with A here.

Uh, C is a fucking terrible choice. We are trying to"lure Silas into a trap".... If he truly is the deceiver, I don't think we should count on being able to deceive him.

So I am voting B

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
root said:
uh that's kind of a scary consensus.

still, I love you all :love:
This reply scared me

flipfloppin to B

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom