Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

LARPFEST

Jick Magger

Arcane
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria
Esquilax said:
Guys, what makes you trust the Deceiver at all? Of course he's asking you to trust him - right now, he desperately needs you. After all, this is the being that completely fucked over the Necrontyr - who's to say he won't do something similar to Man? What makes you think that helping him here will be worth it?

He's definitely better than Tzeentch, though.

For now, I am picking C, although I can be convinced to change my vote to A.
Because there's an equally likely chance that the Necrontyr will just take over our body/turn us into legion/generally screw us over, and like it or not, we need SOMEBODY to destroy the Void Dragon.
Might as well do it to the guy who's been the nicest to us.

treave said:
Just to make things clear, in option A we allow the Deceiver to activate the machine, while in option B we do it ourselves?
Option B we do it ourselves AND devour the Deceiver.

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
I don't suppose there are any chances that devouring the Deceiver is actually an eventuality he planned for and could backfire on us by, say, having him become our dominant personality. Or something.

Oh well.

I trust the Deceiver to renege his promise when he succeeds, but I'm interested in finding out his true motives anyway. What with one catastrophe and another, the Imperium is pretty much dead. I'm thinking a world ushered in by the Deceiver might, just might, be more entertaining than what the Necrontyr have planned.

Voting A.

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
The update?

Coulda done with Gork & Mork stomping around the battlefield.

Hoodoo

Arcane
eldar farseer predicting hax turning into a abomination? sok with me

C :honourblade:

hard choice though

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
Well... considering the shit Eldrad pulled, it's not too rageworthy. Eldar Farseers notoriously dabble in many affairs. :/

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
Hm... if the Wraithbone Machine can manage to put Khaine back together, presumably with the power of the Warp, shouldn't the C'tan be unable to make use of it, being allergic to the Warp and all?

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
Oh yeah, there's one thing. We've got mentions of the Void Dragon. The Nightbringer has appeared. The Deceiver has been with us all this time.

Did I miss any news about the Outsider?

Poison Tree? All the plots within plots make my brain hurt. Orkz smash and lootz good.

crakkie

Arcane
Hmm, I wonder how this battle would have played out if we weren't stripped of our title and had control of the entire sector's Imperial force. We probably would have annihilated the chaos fleet, but still would have been wiped out by Khaine and the other superpowers on the ground.

And B. The only thing we've been consistent on is Hax embracing his Necrontyr gifts. Time to give in to the power.

Darth Roxor

Rattus Iratus
Staff Member
Right, the way I see it:

A means Marius dies and the Deceiver wins. D might save the Imperium, and he's sure to fuck up the Void Dragon. His agenda remains a complete mystery, and whatever he does, we'll have to deal with in Act 3.

B means Deceiver dies, Marius, uh, wins. Marius becomes an eldritch, insane Necron abomination from beyond the stars. He is bound to fuck up the Void Dragon thanks to the rage of the thousand necrontyr, and the 'Necron Lord Extraordinaire' status will probably give him enough power to screw the necron space marines ten times over. HOWEVER, we might be releasing an uncontrollable, soul-sucking eldritch abomination upon the universe, effectively dooming it.

C is the 'redemption' option. Rocks fall, everyone dies. The secrets of the Tyrant Star are buried and unavailable to everyone. This most likely means that the Void Dragon wins, and we doom the universe completely, as there is nothing to stop him. BUT Marius deserves to redeem his sins with a final sacrifice, for all his brosiness and the evil the foul Codexers made him do. That's why I vote C!!!!11111, and get +++Christian rating in this thread :M

(but if C doesn't win, count my vote for A. B sounds too derpy)

Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
AAAAAAAAAA

That poem is "Poison tree" by William Blake. Are you alluding that the machine that created the tyrant star is a kind of tree of life/tree of knowledge (i.e. source of sentience)? And the tyrant star is the mythical "apple"?

As to who built it - the old ones? Maybe they weren't advanced enough...

taplonaplo

Scholar
Darth Roxor said:
B means Deceiver dies, Marius, uh, wins. Marius becomes an eldritch, insane Necron abomination from beyond the stars. He is bound to fuck up the Void Dragon thanks to the rage of the thousand necrontyr, and the 'Necron Lord Extraordinaire' status will probably give him enough power to screw the necron space marines ten times over. HOWEVER, we might be releasing an uncontrollable, soul-sucking eldritch abomination upon the universe, effectively dooming it.
As it stands, the alternative is sending a c'tan to a powertrip. But hey, he was decent to us, so it makes it irrelevant what his actual agenda is amrite? Fuck, do we even know if he wants to stop the Void Dragon, so far all he seems to be concerned about is saving his sorry ass?

Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
This poem is also about faking friendship with an enemy in order to vanquish him. Is this a hint towards the deceiver trying to really screw us over?

Darth Roxor

Rattus Iratus
Staff Member
taplonaplo said:
As it stands, the alternative is sending a c'tan to a powertrip. But hey, he was decent to us, so it makes it irrelevant what his actual agenda is amrite? Fuck, do we even know if he wants to stop the Void Dragon, so far all he seems to be concerned about is saving his sorry ass?

The Void Dragon doesn't seem like the Deceiver much, given the 'Yo, Nightbronger, go eliminate the Deceiver, m'kay?' thing, so I think it's safe to assume that D will attempt to stop him.

And the alternative to sending a, more or less, 'predictable' C'tan (at least we know something about the Deceiver's habits and interests) on a powertrip is sending a rabid hivemind of insane, soul-sucking necrontyr on a powertrip. Yeah, not quite the best choice there is, either.

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
Votan A We can't save the universe this act, but lets try to leave it in a shape where someone else can pick up the torch.

The machine would not happen to be the thing the Necrontyr used to create the C'tan shells would it?

It makes sense after all, the eldar used it to reforge their god and chaos wants it to bring their gods into the Materium.

lightbane

Arcane
taplonaplo said:
And the alternative to sending a, more or less, 'predictable' C'tan (at least we know something about the Deceiver's habits and interests) on a powertrip is sending a rabid hivemind of insane, soul-sucking necrontyr on a powertrip. Yeah, not quite the best choice there is, either.

Just like the Codex.

So Cain died?? For real?? IT CANNOT BE!!!

darth_vader_noo.jpg

Where's Jurgen when you need it?
I like how these loldar unintentionally started all of this clusterfuck. EDIT: Changed my vote.

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
Can Marius merge with the Machine to form a giant star/planet-devouring robot?

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
Just like Unicron.

Though maybe it should be called Tyrantron or something.

Kayerts

Arcane
C appears to be a vote to hand victory to the Void Dragon and let the galaxy burn.

Regarding the other two choices, so far we've betrayed our humanity, our planetary governors and commitment to order on rebellious worlds throughout the sector, the Deceiver, that guardsman commander at our trial, Fateweaver, and the Space Marines during this battle; clearly treachery is working out for us, and now our final act will be to betray either the Necrontyr or the Deceiver again. Let our name be writ in history as Hax the Omnitraitor, Worst Ally in the Universe.

Either of those sound fun, though. The Necrontyr have been consistently loyal to us from the beginning, even avoiding overpowering us when they had the chance; I can't actually think of a single time when they haven't been acting in our interests, though of course they may have waiting until this moment. Whereas the Deceiver may be deceiving us right now, and he is personally responsible for us not being able to bring the full military might of the sector to this battle.

On the other hand, I'm inclined to believe the Deceiver is truthful about us turning into something wicked if we become Overlord of the Necrontyr. The Blake poem talks about a fruit the "foe" has been groomed to consume for a long time, thinking he is stealing it from the narrator, when in fact it will destroy him. I'd enjoy reading about the unbinding of a cosmic horror, but I'd like a better send-off for Hax. A.

Mrowak

Arcane
Project: Eternity
If not for this little framed story I would have voted C. But because of it and the fact that A is winning and only B has any chance of passing I vote B!

Azira

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
root said:
you would've met the Squats, too.

nooooo10.jpg

We were cheated out of seeing the squats?!?

Damnit!

That does it. I'm voting B. Take all that power for ourselves. :smug:

Hoodoo

Arcane
yah ima flipflop over to B to

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom