Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

LARPFEST

root said:
bugger.

so you guys want to keep this result or do you just want it to be a what-if and I do a proper update with A as the winner?
Do a new update with A as winner. We did vote for it, and it could hardly be worse than this, right?

Right?

First I was like:

:x THIS IS WHAT HAPPENS BECAUSE OF YOUR RECKLESS FEEDING DEGENERATES

And then I was like:
you won't much like what happens in A either but hey, it's what was voted for, so I guess...yeah...
:( So the other choice is even worse...

root isn't one for handholding, that's for sure.

Mrowak

Arcane
Project: Eternity
root said:
this one wasn't so bad, I thought.

i mean, yeah, of course I should do a 'proper' update, but I just liked the dancing figure.

you won't much like what happens in A either but hey, it's what was voted for, so I guess...yeah...

:sigh:

Bugger... I liked this ending...

root said:
this one wasn't so bad, I thought.

i mean, yeah, of course I should do a 'proper' update, but I just liked the dancing figure.

:sigh:
Sorry if I spoiled it for you then - it was an interesting update, but I was just starting to like the Deceiver. Hopefully he won't screw us over (too much).

You're a good sport, root.

On the hypothetical ending:
Of course the Necrontyr aren't trustworthy. :roll: Just a general question, how insane is the outsider? Does he have goals and aims or is he just going to wander around 1 shotting everybody? Now that the Deceiver is dead, will the Outsider seek revenge on the Void Dragon?

Kayerts

Arcane
"Ghosts in the Machine" sounds like it's going to be about as good for the living as "Brave New World" was for the mild-mannered old world.

I'm really happy we get to read both.

lightbane

Arcane
:x :rage: :rage: :rage: THAT ENDING IS EVEN WORSE!!! By the way, what would have happened if Hax had destroyed the Machine?

Kayerts

Arcane
I'm still unclear on what happened to the Deceiver. It sounds like his plan from the start was to activate the device as he did, but the results appear unfortunate for him. Was he just as clueless as we were, or was becoming the physical avatar of the Great Devourer what he wanted all along?

Also:

War40K Wiki said:
The Swarmlord is a uniquely powerful Tyranid biomorph. Amongst the billions of creatures created by the Tyranid Hive Mind, there exists one as old as the Tyranid race itself, the ultimate conduit through which the Hive Mind's implacable will is enforced. This creature is to a Hive Tyrant what a Hive Tyrant is to a Termagant. It is a monster of darkest nightmare that has preyed on empires and overseen the extinction of entire civilisations. It is a legendary destroyer of world and its names are legion. It is the Tyrantlord of the Hive Mind, the Herald of the Great Devourer and the Destroyer of the Kha'la Empire. To the Imperium of Man, the latest interstellar civilization to face this ancient predator, it is the Swarmlord, and it represents the greatest Tyranid threat to the galaxy.

Hax personally killed the Protoss?

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
Dang, I suppose in this scenario the Outsider didn't create the Hive Mind after all.

Mrowak

Arcane
Project: Eternity
We are fucked :rage:

even worse than before.

:salute: root

That was way beyond awesome, although I still prefer the Outsider ending.

Good lesson to all of you faggots who voted DevourSoul!1111

Edit: I hope we'll get a chance to get out of this mess somehow. Although with Codex it will be more than certain that we will turn that chance into a galaxy-wide black-hole :) At the end of it all at least we will able to say that we have saved the universe. :salute:

Jick Magger

Arcane
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria
I friggin told you guys bad shit would happen if we devoured too many souls.
OOOOOOOH BUT NOOOOOO, LET'S NOT LISTEN TO JICK MAGGER, HE'S JUST AN OLD FOOL FROM ARKHAM, WHAT'D HE KNOW?
Awwwww fuck it, we dun goofed yet again.
WE BETTER FIX THIS ALL IN ACT 3.
Although I will agree that the Deceiver was really good at, well, deceiving us.

Kayerts

Arcane
It's reassuring that our C'tan pal didn't actually plan for this to happen. Naturally, I assume he was planning to betray us in some awful way, but this particular one seems rather undignified. I guess the unified swarm is still less apocalyptic than Brave New World, though? I mean, it sounds like the Outsider is too powerful to be defeated by anything short of letting us try to roleplay it.

And, hey, I think we finally got Hax in a position powerful enough to challenge the Void Dragon! Success at last!

Jick Magger

Arcane
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria
Well shit, we've basically written ourselves into a corner, haven't we?
Well I dunno, maybe we could have Abaddon/an original lord of chaos try to rally together a final black crusade to repel the Hive Mind?
I mean, sure he's failed 13 other ones over the course of 10,000 years, but hell, I can't think of anything else. And since the Imperium, the Eldar and the C'tan are officially over and done with, maybe it'll be Chaos's time to shine!
Or is he dead already?
Also

And the dancing figure, who danced his way to the place where the two others had been
Trololo.jpg

always singing his jolly tune.
trololo-m-20100312.jpg

He would never die.
trololo.jpg

Just felt like throwing this out there.

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
Anything but the Tau.

Guess we fed way too much. Way, way too much.

Hm, maybe if you give us a "State of the Galaxy" report, root, we'll have a clearer idea on what can be done in it at this point in time?

oscar

Arcane
Jick_Magger_101 said:

Interesting idea. And definitely a global overview thanks.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom