Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

LARPFEST

Mrowak

Arcane
Project: Eternity
Darth Roxor said:
I told you bros to blow up the whole bloody thing and take everything to hell with it.

BUT YOU WOULDN'T LISTEN

That wouldn't work bro. I bet my arm and leg the Device would take control over us and we would do something equally retarded. Too much Devour Soul!11111

The X-treme did not work in act one, it did not work in act

What fucking X-TREME?

Just what fucking X-TREME?

Both acts were filled with completely idiotic safe choices that were anything but X-TREME (and yes, devouring like mad was also a 'safe' choice because everyone was like 'omg o noz, we can't venture into the dreaded middleground, let's go full retard instead!!!' ), while the shrugged off extreme options were confirmed as the better ones, that would benefit us a lot.

If we stuck to Hax's principles as advertised at the beginning none of this would happen.

But hey everyone wanted to shoot lazor beams out our collective arse, right? I mean come on, all those kewl awesome meaningless powahs we wouldn't have to use even once if we remained consistent with the character. And eating souls is fucking EXTREME!11. Dragon Age EXTREME!11 that is, not sensible extreme at all.

And hey guise, yeah, let's play orks. I wanna see Codexers guiding them in such a way, that they will think ten times before attacking anything, and when they finally decide to do so, they will first have to entrench and consult the Imperial Guard. If they don't try using diplomacy, that is.

Yes, must see that happen. Codex Orkz :obviously: diplomacy. :salute:

lightbane

Arcane
herostratus said:
The only downside is that I really loathe the orcs as a concept. They make no sense.

That's the point, orks don't make any sense, the reason why they're so "successful" and their machines work is because all orks are psychic with incredible power, if an ork horde believes that their pointy sticks can shoot plasma, they will shoot plasma, they defy logic, they exist literally because it's cool.

About our achievement text someone asked:

Achievement unlocked: Made Abbadon look competent. That would be my suggestion.

desocupado

Magister
lightbane said:
About our achievement text someone asked:

Achievement unlocked: Made Abbadon look competent. That would be my suggestion.

:lol: :lol:

:(

Guys, the only way we will succeed in doing anything is if we play the swarm. When we inexorably fail catastrophically, we will save the galaxy.

Reject_666_6

Arcane
Mrowak said:
That wouldn't work bro. I bet my arm and leg the Device would take control over us and we would do something equally retarded. Too much Devour Soul!11111

Since I'm getting directly and indirectly blamed for our state of affairs, let me just mention that we were locked into the Tyranid ending with the Deceiver ever since we devoured that Librarian, which I'll remind you was our very first devouring. Root established that it was him that tainted our minds with the hivemeind.

Darth Roxor said:
What fucking X-TREME?

Just what fucking X-TREME?

Both acts were filled with completely idiotic safe choices that were anything but X-TREME (and yes, devouring like mad was also a 'safe' choice because everyone was like 'omg o noz, we can't venture into the dreaded middleground, let's go full retard instead!!!' ), while the shrugged off extreme options were confirmed as the better ones, that would benefit us a lot.

I don't know what you think extreme means, but going full devour is going to an extreme, and taking a middleground is the diametric opposite of extreme.

As for those options that were confirmed to be better, well they were very opaque as to why they would be. Going full monster in public netting us Living Sainthood? Knowing that that Librarian tainted us with the Hivemind? Knowing that the Halo Device the Deceiver put on us is loyal to... the Outsider, of all people? You have to admit that there were a lot of non-sequitur consequences here. I'm not saying that I expect to know everything - Hax certainly didn't - and they were convincingly written, but there was no way of knowing what these choices would lead to, ergo there was no reason to pick them.

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
Yaar Podshipnik said:
Playing orks should be easier too. Orks seem closer to average codex IQ :smug:
Said the man who came up with the idea integrating tyrantborn into society :smug:

Let us not play orkz... it makes no sense. Let us instead play eldar or sumin and manipulate orkz, because at least that gives us options beyond WAAAAAGGGGGGGHHHHH!

Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I did propose it but pretty much everyone followed it. So who's the tard? :stupid:

On a serious note, are orks always just waaagh? Gorgutz seemed to always have some cunning plan (not exactly tzeentchian level of planning of course) and in Blood and Thunder there was some tactical thinking shown.

Eldar seem emo to me most of the time, also I couldn't play them at all in DoW.

So, if not orks who we can play? We did Astartes and Administratum.

Chaos seems fucked up a bit atm, with tzeentch plans going not as planned. Playing Chaos undivided or Slaaneshian forces might be interesting. Don't do Nurgle please. Going with Khorne would be pretty much the same as going with Orks but without the funny language and Gork and Mork.

Necrons lost 2 of their gods, and Outsider seems to focus on Tyranids. So that means necron armies are guided by Void Dragon who likes everything machine-like. So if any necron lord did have a bit of personality I guess it would have been suppressed now.

Eldar just lost their god (again). A lot of them probably died due to psychic scream of their god. So I think they are weaker than usual and the best thing they can do now is to gtfo as far away as possible. If craftworlds are capable of inter-galactic travel they should definitely do it. Could be a BSG kind of story in it, but somehow I don't see it as being as interesting as previous chapters.

No idea what may be happening with Dark Eldar.

Tau - did they even notice the events that are happening? They aren't sensitive to the warp so all the ruckus of dying gods and Emperors could be unnoticed by them. Their forces also move very slowly through space so any action involving them would have to take place on a single planet or withing a single solar system. Also, they are weeaboo fagots and I don't want to play them.

Orks on the other hand can be interesting. If we need "intelligentier" (see what I did here?) ones root could do a little deus ex machina and bring Brain Boyz back. You could say that when more leadership is needed the orkoid race will produce smarter leaders. Could have a nice mechanic that along with getting bigga' with each successful fight our leader could also get brainia' when using smarter tactics etc. There could also be inter-waaaagh backstabbing and power-grabbing.
Maybe even a rivalary between two prospective warbosses? Have some prelude task for them and let codexers split into 2 teams and whoever ork gets more boss-like after a couple updates gets to lead a nice waaaagh!

Also, keep us posted on Helfrich and Ahriman. Getting a strong "Enemy mine" vibe from it.

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
Us playing Eldar would probably have us brilliantly maneuvering the entire race into happy fun time with Slaanesh. Again. Somehow.

Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Nice picture from google search on happy fun time Slaanesh
slaaneshbreaktimebymrcu.jpg

desocupado

Magister
Orks aren't stupid. They are capable of cunning, they just like smashing things better, and dakka.

It's a cultural thing, like opressing women for muslims.

I vote for orks. root is going to have a hard time writing choices though.

a) WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARGH!

b) WAAAAAAARGH? WAAAAAARGHHH!

c) NICE AND PROPER WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARGH!

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
More Like
a) WAAAAAAAAAAAAGGGGGGH
b) FOR GORK, SMASH STOMP
c) FOR MORK, STOMP SMASH
d) FOR GORK AND MORK

If root can take the extra work (and if you can't: why are you even here? :rpgcodex: ) I'd like to see us split into 3/4 groups and take control of the champions of each Chaos god. Let's see if we can all work together for the glory of Chaos good of Mankind.

You sure you don't want us to do you some kind of favour, like that Mrowak did, so that we can ask for the boon of reload :M
Now is the time to ask for it anyhow. :M :M :M

Esquilax

Arcane
Will that gratitude allow us to know what happened had we decided to say "Fuck you" to both D and the Necrontyr and redeem Marius by blowing up the Machine? And perhaps continue from there? :M :M :M

Y'know, like how I originally voted for? :smug:

Esquilax

Arcane
Darth Roxor said:
There is no going back, you faggots.

You should have listened to me before...

I meant my last post as a joke. We're fucked, and as much as I would have preferred for Hax to redeem himself and finally make a choice for the benefit of Man without strings attached, we've simply got to soldier on.

I don't like the idea of elves in space, but maybe we can play as the Eldar, considering Khaine is still alive. Orks are hilarious, but don't really lend themselves to this kind of game.

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Esquilax said:
Will that gratitude allow us to know what happened had we decided to say "Fuck you" to both D and the Necrontyr and redeem Marius by blowing up the Machine? And perhaps continue from there? :M :M :M

Y'know, like how I originally voted for? :smug:
Don't know about the other stuff, but as for what would have happened, root has divulged to me that it would have maintained the status quo. No outsider, no tyranid hive fleet, just the void dragon.

In other words, it was the best choice.

desocupado

Magister
WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGHHH!

IT'Z RED, 'CUZ RED UN'S GO FASTAH!

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom