Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

LARPFEST

Esquilax

Arcane
root said:
nah man, it ain't like that, see. 'cuz you don't need no hive tyrants here, you inside one giant hive. every creature has a synaptic link to the hivemind; even the punk-ass hormagaunts are as smart as the zoanthropes or whatever. so whatever you meet's a potential killer, not so much about putting down all them bitch-ass nids but the environment's out to get you, know what I mean? you in some deep shit, son

What do you mean by the environment is out to get us? I know that in this environment, we can't simply kill a Hive Tyrant and then all of the lesser creatures will revert to a feral state, but I'm not sure what you're referring to.

Ahriman mentioned that there is likely a control center near the right passageway based on the psychic emissions.

Azael

Magister
Wasteland 2
RUN AWAY!!!

No, seriously though. That's not a very space mariney, too-XtremE-4-the-Black-Templars way to do things. We stand and fight. Grue or no grue.

Also, your spoilers totally show.

Luigi

Barely Literate
Run away, run away and live to love... I mean warp another day!
Wait... do you hear the voices too!?!

AHAHAH! KILLEMALL! I FEEL THE WARP OVERTAKING ME! AAAAAAAAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAH

Jick Magger

Arcane
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria
Fight? In complete darkness? Against enemies we can't see or hear? And with a huge Dreadnaught who's more likely to hit us rather than the enemy? And with highly ominous and loud singing (Remember how the Outsider liked singing?) is blaring all around us?
I thought we all promised we'd stop making silly decisions after the end if act 2.

RUN LIKE HELL!

EDIT: You know what? We've already screwed up virtually every decision we've ever made. Even the ones that sounded sane.
There's no point in thinking logically anymore, maybe making the retarded decisions will change our fortunes.

Gonna flip-flop to FIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIGHT

Kayerts

Arcane
Jick_Magger_101 said:
And with highly ominous and loud singing (Remember how the Outsider liked singing?)

Yeah, the narrative seems to hint pretty heavily that the jolly singing all-powerful presence is the Outsider. I'm still hazy on the mechanics of the relationship between the Outsider and the Tyranids, but my guess is that we're nearing the Hivemind's brain, and the singing presence is some psychic manifestation of the Outsider. (Since the actual Outsider is still stuck in Black Sand Land?) Possibly the singing presence is the mechanism by which he was trying to control the Swarm.

Then again, (a) this version of the Outsider wasn't able to fully subdue the Swarm, and we should at least be able to outperform some crappy bugs, (b) Ahriman seems like the most useful member of our party, and we need to protect him, and finally (c) the guy who asked "where could we run?" raises a valid point.

In conclusion, we stand with our brothers.

Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
The party is compromised of the most badass chaos sorcerer, a hardcore and hardshelled lorekeeper and a dude who is thousands of years old and can fire 2 cool guns at once while lugging along (and newer taking out) a mysterious sword.

There is only one option here: FIGHT!

Storyfag

Perfidious Pole
Patron
Yaar Podshipnik said:
The party is compromised of the most badass chaos sorcerer, a hardcore and hardshelled lorekeeper and a dude who is thousands of years old and can fire 2 cool guns at once while lugging along (and newer taking out) a mysterious sword.

I don't think root ever mentioned the sword. But I finally remembered our Space Marine's name. Not that the name matters much, it's his story that's more important :)

Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
If root sticks to the canon then the badass carries the sword with him all the time, though he never ever takes it out. It could be broken or it could be too special to use on normal stuff.

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
Singing voice sounds like an avatar of the outsider and considering all our dudes are blind, brohriman cannot use his main weapon and the bromarine is choking on blood there is only one sensible option.

If we leggit, we can live to fight again anudda day!

Storyfag

Perfidious Pole
Patron
Jaedar said:
Singing voice sounds like an avatar of the outsider and considering all our dudes are blind, brohriman cannot use his main weapon and the bromarine is choking on blood there is only one sensible option.

If we leggit, we can live to fight again anudda day!

Actually, that's quite sensible. Witness my very first flip-flop:

Flee!

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom