Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

LARPFEST

Why root choose to add a Dark Angel to our cast of characters, even if he's the only decent one left, is beyond me. Where's mah Vulkan? :rpgcodex:

Never bow before anyone, even the God-Emperor.

Kayerts

Arcane
root said:
Lay down your arms, unbeliever, and bow before the one true God, the Emperor of Mankind!

Eliphas in Dawn of War: Dark Crusade said:
Put down your arms, unbelievers, and bow before the forces of Chaos Undivided.

Plus, the first part of the update makes the Lion sound an awful lot like a pre-Heresy Word Bearer.

So, B. To admit defeat is to blaspheme against the Emperor.

Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
It seems it worked OK for Cypher to have a bit of chaos in him. I wonder which chaos god supports him... I would rule out Nurgle and Khorn right away, not sure about Slaanesh. Tzeentch seems like the most likely bet but you never know.

Maybe a bit of chaos inside is good for humanity?

Hoodoo

Arcane
Never_Back_Down_poster_2.jpg

Esquilax

Arcane
Initially, I was a little tempted to pick A because I am still very butthurt that Hax did not redeem himself at the end of Act 2.

But this is a different situation. Also, I think that if Cypher admits defeat during this little out-of-body trip, it will affect his state in reality and he will psychologically break against the danger he is facing in the dark chamber. However, if he stays strong, he will maintain his will to fight and will allow him to regain his composure.

We have picked X-TREME options so far, and I think we need to see it through. B for Bro

Azael

Magister
Wasteland 2
Also, considering other developments, it's not unreasonable to assume that root is going with the version where Luther was in the right. Then again, it's dangerous to metagame like this when it can be changed on the fly.

EDIT: I'd like to add that it's slightly amusing that it did turn into a Stand & Fight scenario, of sorts, after all. ;)

Esquilax

Arcane
Azael said:
Also, considering other developments, it's not unreasonable to assume that root is going with the version where Luther was in the right. Then again, it's dangerous to metagame like this when it can be changed on the fly.

EDIT: I'd like to add that it's slightly amusing that it did turn into a Stand & Fight scenario, of sorts, after all. ;)

Forgive me, I'm not familiar to what you're referring to with regards to Luther. I've only started reading up on WH40K lore because of root's excellent LP skills (which is why I rarely voted in Act I and even Act II) so that I can brush up on some knowledge before I make a decision. What do you mean by Luther's version?

Esquilax

Arcane
Thanks for the info. Great stuff, as usual.

Somewhat off topic, I read some of the updates in Act I again, and I'm wondering if anybody else misses the Reclusiarch. As much as I love the Brokeeper, Reclusiarch Jeremiah probably would have been fucking awesome as a totally XTREME Space Marine leader and maybe we would have been better off having him in charge.

Azael

Magister
Wasteland 2
Always put your trust in a spiritual leader who falls to Chaos. :salute:

Isn't there an apocryphal version where it's Lion'el Johnson (seriously, the Primarchs have the worst names) who is corrupted?

Jick Magger

Arcane
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria
Esquilax said:
Thanks for the info. Great stuff, as usual.

Somewhat off topic, I read some of the updates in Act I again, and I'm wondering if anybody else misses the Reclusiarch. As much as I love the Brokeeper, Reclusiarch Jeremiah probably would have been fucking awesome as a totally XTREME Space Marine leader and maybe we would have been better off having him in charge.
I feel bad for Ezekiel.
More because it feels like we more or less lead the guy to his death by making a really, really bad decision.
But hey, woulda coulda shoulda. No point dwelling on the past.

Azael said:
Lion'el Johnson (seriously, the Primarchs have the worst names)
He was probably created during that period where Games Workshop got really sloppy with naming people and just got jiiggy with really cheesy puns and references.
Lion'el himself is a reference to a poet (cookie for those who can guess it) who wrote a poem called, brace for this, 'The Dark Angel'.

lightbane

Arcane
Yaar Podshipnik said:
Root, a question: is Cypher long-lived due to a deal of some kind with Chaos Gods or for some other reason?

Actually, I thought that Space Bros were practically immortal as long as they weren't killed... About the vote I say A, we already doomed the galaxy with Hax's stupid death so I don't care anymore for this lp :decline:

Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
As far as I understand the lore SM are not immortal but very long lived. They should be able to get to thousand or so years. The only immortal humans are:

1. The Emperor - who is now dead.
2. Possibly the Primarchs (most of whom are dead or missing)
3. People that got into shady deals with chaos
4. the biological children of the Emperor, the Sensei - although whether this is currently canon or not is hard to tell.

The title of last chapter was very well matched to its content. The Emperor wanted to be treated as a father by his subjects. He was disappointed by the worship he received. In fact, most SM do treat the Emprah as a father indeed, but there are exceptions.

What did struck me most in that chapter was the first scene with the Emperor, Lion and Cypher. The big boss is a father to both of them in figurative sense but it could be certainly interesting if he was also bio father of Cypher. That would explain the dude's badassery. There is one hole in this - sensei are suppose to have no warp presence and it is not mentioned anywhere that Cypher has this trait.

That was the reason I asked root about it. And I've got a very clear yet cryptic answer :P.

Kayerts

Arcane
root said:
i'm not aware of any story about him being corrupted, tho. as far as I know he's still inside The Rock being worshipped by the inner sanctum of the DAs and regenerating slowerly over time

The alternative version of the story comes from the aforementioned Astelan, although there may be some loyalist confirmation of it. Kinda seems like the Games Workshop writers were trying to get fans to care more about their stupid Dark Angels story by adding ambiguity.

Incidentally, is the location where Cypher is meeting the primarch supposed to be (in his mind, or otherwise) the warrens under the Rock? It seemed like it might be that way from the initial description, with the cell-like chambers and the age of the tunnels. I thought it was a nice detail, though it wouldn't appear to affect the choice.

The damned xenos might have immunities (or be able to mutate quickly enough) even to the worst imperial made viruses. So I wouldn't recommend biological warfare against species that pretty much uses it all the time.

So I vote A

Also, nice ending to the sword mystery. I wonder did the Emperor told Cypher anything else...

Storyfag

Perfidious Pole
Patron
I wouldn't trust the Tyranids anywhere near viral weapons. Even near their receiving end. I *think* the swarm assimilated some of them once, so I see no reason for it to not do so again. Let's

Agree with Ahriman

But please do expand on the means he plans to use. Brokeeper would ask before making any decisions...

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom