Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

LARPFEST

Esquilax

Arcane
Azael said:
Of course the Brokeeper will go with Exterminatus, anything else would be out of character. FFS! Vote B you faggots! Unless you want another segment ending with failure and death for our protagonists, that is.

Agreed, I don't think that the Brokeeper would give Ahriman the satisfaction of doing something like this his way. Also, we know that Ahriman isn't in step with Cypher and the Brokeeper's goal of saving what little remains of humanity.

crakkie

Arcane
I don't trust Ahriman. His solution will work, but he has shifty motives (almost like he's an all-powerful Chaos Sorceror or somthing).

So I say we Blow our viral load.

Mrowak

Arcane
Project: Eternity
There are three ways in which A can bite our balls off.

1. We destroy the hive and die with it.

2. We fail and die in agony.

3. Ahriman will get possessed much as Deceiver did.

Still, I have no idea how B may be plausibly accomplished. So what, we somehow get out from the underground, magically find ourselves on board of the Black Ships and convince whoever is in charge to nuke the shit out of the planet below. Yeah, right. :roll: Let's not forget - none of our hereos is very much liked by the Imperium.

Kayerts

Arcane
The fallen shall be forever remembered as the Emperor's finest.

Really, this isn't the time for self-preservation. Refusing to think beyond our personal safety and power was a driving cause behind most of our more apocalyptic decisions in Acts 1 and 2.

Plus, think about the Emperor's final order. He was a godlike, visionary, benign psyker who could probably glimpse this future. Why would he send Cypher after Ahriman specifically, if Cypher could have completed the mission just by hanging out on the Black Ship? There must be something more the Emperor wanted us to accomplish.

Kayerts

Arcane
Not usually the word I'd use to describe a ruthless, Machiavellian, fascist leader, but everything's relative. He didn't have a hidden agenda to destroy all mankind, which basically makes him an altar boy in this setting. We can be reasonably confident that his interests were aligned with humanity's.

Point taken about speculation, though.

Kayerts

Arcane
Heh, so Fateweaver lied to or misled Hax about that? Awesome.

Oh, I was meaning to ask--you mentioned that, had we chosen differently, Hax would've had the option to devour the Nightbringer's essence at the end of Act 2. How would that have gone?

Chef_Hathaway

King of the Juice
Patron
White Knight
Divinity: Original Sin BattleTech
Merkwürdigliebe said:
Ulminati said:
B

633642812635025368-exterminatus.jpg

Jick Magger

Arcane
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria
Didn't Root say at the end of Act 2 that the sector has been completely stripped of human live save for the three amigos?
So I doubt we should worry about Deathwatch fanatics.
Overall, I think we should pack up, call it even, and nuke the site from orbit.
It's the only way to be sure.
Beyond that, I have a question; is Khaine still alive?
Another question; was Silas Marr always the deceiver? Or was there a real Silas whom the Deceiver killed and replaced at some point?

DwarvenFood

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
People please, who knows what will happen on our way back, and more so - what will happen if we try to nuke the planet.. think people, it is not about saving our skins and going for the easier option here - we have to make sacrifices. This happens every time, we want to investigate, do something, and at the slightest sign of panic there is a change of plans resulting in something I would almost describe as fail. Act 1 people ! Please let common sense win and get to the heart of this thing and become UNICRON

Unicron.jpg

Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
With the latest response it's 12-12:

A
Yaar Podshipnik
Storyfag
Darth Roxor
Kz3r0
Jaedar
Kayerts
DwarvenFood
taplonaplo
Chaotic Lulz3r
Mrowak
The Brazilian Slaughter
Black Bart Charley

B
Crooked Bee
Azael
Azira
desocupado
Esquilax
Ulminati
Merkwürdigliebe
Longinus
herostratus
crakkie
Chef_Hathaway
Jick_Magger_101

Azael

Magister
Wasteland 2
DwarvenFood said:
People please, who knows what will happen on our way back, and more so - what will happen if we try to nuke the planet.. think people, it is not about saving our skins and going for the easier option here - we have to make sacrifices. This happens every time, we want to investigate, do something, and at the slightest sign of panic there is a change of plans resulting in something I would almost describe as fail. Act 1 people ! Please let common sense win and get to the heart of this thing and become UNICRON

Act 1 and 2 failed because people kept voting against the characters and what they stood for. Voting A here and having the Brokeeper support Ahriman is just falling into that same old trap again.

Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Mhm... that's a though one...

Cypher can't see any troops near the ship but there might be some inside. If there are, then our two bros don't stand much chance if they are deemed heretics and guarding forces open fire on them.

If they appear in company of necrons they will definitely be heretics.

But, are there even any guards? How come the necrons know the systems are coded? If they were inside then I doubt any SM are left alive... If they weren't how do they know this stuff?

Screw the Xenos, we'll try this on our own. Besides I don't trust walking toasters in service of the Void Dragon.

So I vote B.

Azael said:
So much for wanting to trust Ahriman...

But would dramatic exit shit happened if we went along with our chaotic friend deeper into the planet? All of you who voted to go outside and bomb the place be ashamed.

Root, pretty please, after we are done with this chapter let us know how it would turned out if we actually went towards the genetic goo ball.

Kz3r0

Arcane
So you wanna play Spaiz Marine with a tainted lorekeeper and a guy that wanted to kill the Emperor?
Fine, B, for the lulz.

Esquilax

Arcane
Fuck these guys. I hated dealing with assholes trying to play us for pawns the entire last Act, and I hated going along with their whims even more. Fuck 'em, we either do things our way and have a slim chance of making it through, or we become a pawn in someone else's game and then die for sure. Our goal is to save what's left of humanity, and we won't do that by making deals with xeno fucks. If we die, so be it, but at least this way, we die with dignity.

B for Bro.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom