Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

LARPFEST

crakkie

Arcane
Well, necrons and tyranids are the two great powers at this point. I don't know that helping one destroy the other will really benefit humanity all that much, since the remaining power can turn all of its attention to Terra.

But what the hell, I'll go with A. Ahriman's "Spell of Creation" cast in the heart of a hive swarm sounds really, really bad.

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
Everyone knows root is a gigantic necronfag, so the obvious vote is

B

:smug:

[edit]

A split second too late :(

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
Interesting outcome. Without Tzeentch to oppose him, Nurgle's going to gain primacy now. Unless, of course, the emperors psychic death scream collapses Terra into a second eye of chaos and a new god arises to join the gods of Chaos.

So Ahriman planned for us to destroy the planet all along?

I mean... I thought this over a bit previously, and Ahriman is a p smart guy... It wouldn't make sense for him to say that he didn't want to use the tyrant star to save humanity if he wanted us on his team. So by votan *against* his vile plans we actually followed them... Yes?

Kayerts

Arcane
Very interesting. The first mention of the "mighty lion's sword" was a big "oh shit" moment for me; I didn't see that one coming at all. Apparently I forgot the rule of Chekhov's artifact sword; regardless, this was enjoyable as hell.

What would have happened if we'd taken the Necrons' offer? Exterminatus takes place before Ahriman finishes his spell; Tzeentch lives but everyone on Cadia dies?

Also, what would have happened if we'd followed Ahriman?

Kayerts

Arcane
Oh, awkward. And here I had thought we'd finally managed to not get the worst possible ending for a story arc. Maybe the fourth time's the charm?

Esquilax

Arcane
Chef_Hathaway said:
Yeah, we could have died without doing anything at all, and Cypher and the BROkeeper died gloriously.

At least things are going our way now. Regardless, It's a bittersweet victory, considering our choices lead to the death of such courageous individuals worthy of being called BROS.

:salute: :salute: :salute:

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
The Reclusiarch was never our BRO :|

Glad to see Cypher and BROkeeper croak though. They were getting more than a little taint on them. At least by croaking now, they were still the good guys by the time they exited stage left.

Personally, I'd rather see how everyone's favourite emofags are doing, but I'm probably in a minority here.

eldar_resize.jpg

Azira

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
The eldar have their god Khaine back. I'd wager they paint all their armor red and yellow in his name, and take the fight to Slaanesh. They don't care about the monkeys.. :smug:

Azael

Magister
Wasteland 2
I'm guessing the Broclusiarch will bitch slap Abaddon and show him how a war is supposed to be fought. ;)

Anyway, allying with Xenos is the "better" choice? :decline:

Jick Magger

Arcane
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria
...So what now?
Tzeentch is dead, Deceiver is dead, majority of the characters introduced in the LP are dead, Cadia is totaled, and the Void Dragon is still up to no good.
Where do we go from here?
Azael said:
Anyway, allying with Xenos is the "better" choice? :decline:
I hardly think living with the disgrace that is getting help from filthy Eldritched abomination wannabe xenos scum can be considered a "better" choice.

Azael

Magister
Wasteland 2
Their death was glorious, really something else. I thought Ahriman's motivation was to replace Tzeentch, not kill him. :salute:

Jick_Magger_101 said:
I hardly think living with the disgrace that is getting help from filthy Eldritched abomination wannabe xenos scum can be considered a "better" choice.

True. Better to die a hero than to live long enough to see you become a villain.

Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
So, Tzeentch, Emperror and Deceiver are dead. If the Laughing God was the same as the Deceiver then all the wise and planning gods are dead. No more of their strings, no more of their grand designs. Lesser creatures can shape their own destiny.

Now it's only small matter of getting rid of the dragon to free the machines from his yoke and killing the crazy ass outsider and all will be fine and dandy.

Storyfag

Perfidious Pole
Patron
You know, I read up on Warp travel. There might still be more than the Calixis Sector to save out there. Even without the Astronomican to guide ships, jumps of 4-5 light years are possible. Maybe even longer when there's a functioning Navigator aboard, but I guess much shorter than 5000 light years that were possible with the Astronomican. Either way, there might still be hive worlds receiving supplies from agri worlds and thus not starving to death.

Azael

Magister
Wasteland 2
Storyfag said:
You know, I read up on Warp travel. There might still be more than the Calixis Sector to save out there. Even without the Astronomican to guide ships, jumps of 4-5 light years are possible. Maybe even longer when there's a functioning Navigator aboard, but I guess much shorter than 5000 light years that were possible with the Astronomican. Either way, there might still be hive worlds receiving supplies from agri worlds and thus not starving to death.

Well, with the Dragon on the throne, things should be back to business...

Maybe not pleasant business, but regular and efficient like a clock at least.

Azira

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
Azael said:
Their death was glorious, really something else. I thought Ahriman's motivation was to replace Tzeentch, not kill him. :salute:

We don't really know for sure that Ahriman is dead and gone. Root wrote that he smiled as the psychich backlash flayed his flesh, not that he died from the flaying. He just might have done what you suggested, and ascended over the ashen corpse that was Tzeentch.

We don't know for sure. :love:

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
Brokeeper is dead. And to mark his passing a world that withstood numerous black crusades: Ruined. :salute:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom