Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

LARPFEST

Battlebrother Leonidas Roxoros
darkstorn.jpg
?

Also, Votan A. I can't imagine us either destroying the planet nor stopping Ahrimans vile plans without doing so...

Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
taplonaplo said:
A
I don't see how it would make our situation any worse.

You would deal with filthy xenos... Those bros maybe not the shining beacon of purity but, at some point, you have to draw the line.

Esquilax

Arcane
It's times like this I wish we had the zealous badassery of the Broclusiarch on our side. NEVAR FORGET :singlemanlytear:

Kayerts

Arcane
Azael said:
So much for wanting to trust Ahriman...

I don't think any of us wanted to trust Ahriman. He explicitly told us we shouldn't trust him. But it would have been nice to use him to get closer to the heart before backstabbing him, then maybe get a chance to wield the powers he was after for good, as opposed to our current position of standing naked against a Necron Lord and choosing between serving the Void Dragon and presumably getting a scythe to the head.

At this point I think we blew our chance to wield the powers beneath Cadia in the interests of mankind. Even so, I suspect letting Ahriman do his thing would be better for the galaxy than either the Void Dragon or the Hivemind's plans. Supercharging Tzeentch isn't ideal, but since his existence is tied to that of the psychic races, he can at least be counted on not to exterminate humanity.

And from a metagaming standpoint, three superpowered cosmic horrors are more fun than two. Maybe in Act 3 we can unleash the Outsider and get a lovely four-way brawl going.

In conclusion, B, scythe to the head.

Jick Magger

Arcane
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria
I'm assuming this has now turned into a race to get to the barge before Arhiman gets to the center of the planet, then?
Can we have an option to backstab the Necrons if and when we see fit?
Gonna go with B if not.
Also assuming that this option won't lead to a scythe to the face.
Edit
I've got yet another question.
Is...Is the Lorekeeper gonna go through the rest of the campaign naked?
Because I heard you mention that he's no longer in need of the Dreadnaught chasis, but I didn't notice you mentioning any clothes for him, while Cypher did.

oscar

Arcane
B. I'm quite fond of Ahriman. And to be honest him pulling off his spell isn't that horrible a thought to me.

Kayerts

Arcane
The necrons are legion. Opportunities to backstab them might not happen. They have a lot of backs.

As for what's going on in the Heart, it seems like there might be multiple players. The Blue Scribes are aligned with Tzeentch; they want to collect his final spell, which will restore to him his lost power. (Details available here.) How much power would be involved is unclear; he would certainly become the greatest of Chaos Gods, but probably not greater than the combined might of the others.

It's not 100% clear that Ahriman is working in concert with the Scribes, though. At least as of Act 2, the Blue Scribes were allied with Eliphas. Eliphas and Ahriman were nominally allied, but both were plotting to double-cross each other due to Ahriman having rather less radical designs than Eliphas, so I suspect any arrangement between Ahriman and the Scribes is less than rock solid. It seems like it's anyone's guess what will happen once Ahriman finishes his spell.

I enjoy how beautifully unreliable all the NPCs throughout this game have been. They can't even be counted on to backstab us in a straightforward way, it's really quite wonderful.

Azira

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
The necrons are pissed off at being used by the void dragon, all they want is their freedom. If we could somehow win them this, then we'd have a new power enter the game.

Not sure how we'd go about this though. All I know is I'm tempted into voting option A

Storyfag

Perfidious Pole
Patron
Kayerts said:
At this point I think we blew our chance to wield the powers beneath Cadia in the interests of mankind. Even so, I suspect letting Ahriman do his thing would be better for the galaxy than either the Void Dragon or the Hivemind's plans. Supercharging Tzeentch isn't ideal, but since his existence is tied to that of the psychic races, he can at least be counted on not to exterminate humanity.

And from a metagaming standpoint, three superpowered cosmic horrors are more fun than two. Maybe in Act 3 we can unleash the Outsider and get a lovely four-way brawl going.

In conclusion, B, scythe to the head.

This.

Storyfag

Perfidious Pole
Patron
Azira said:
The necrons are pissed off at being used by the void dragon, all they want is their freedom. If we could somehow win them this, then we'd have a new power enter the game.

Not sure how we'd go about this though.

The thing is, we can't any more. We had our chance with Hax and blew it.

Kayerts

Arcane
Broclusiarch, zealot without a cause.
Broclusiarch, fanatic of an unknown god.
Broclusiarch, executioner of a faceless judge.
Broclusiarch: awesome.

Longinus

Educated
A

The offer seems wonderfully straightforward and our current protagonists are in poor shape, accept it and use the Necrons as a tool, perhaps at some point we will be able to thank them accordingly.

Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
root said:
Jick_Magger_101 said:
Edit
I've got yet another question.
Is...Is the Lorekeeper gonna go through the rest of the campaign naked?
Because I heard you mention that he's no longer in need of the Dreadnaught chasis, but I didn't notice you mentioning any clothes for him, while Cypher did.

is that a problem? he's buff and ripped and has a huge wand of lore

Hope that nobody will draw that one...

desocupado

Magister
Shit, I vote A.

We're going to need help against the former Deathwatch, and it doesn't matter if the necrons kill us after after we destroy the planet.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom