Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

LARPFEST

deus101

Never LET ME into a tattoo parlor!
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2
In the Guiding light of the 43k Millennium...there is only peace. (cant be the first that called that one)

deus101

Never LET ME into a tattoo parlor!
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2
As an owner of an Tau army all i say is...FUCK YOU!

Why the fuck are Tau weabos.....that dubious honor is reserved for the Eldar!

I mean...bleading crystals!

And their wraithlords is much more "Mecha" then Tau battlesuits...which is more...Battle Tech (tm)

Fuck your faggotry! IM HERE TO DEFEND THE GREATER GOOD! (which means slow ethnic cleansing of primitive humans)

Jick Magger

Arcane
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria
I played Dark Crusade, and they had heavy Japanese accents.
I don't know too much about Tau lore, but that's proof enough for me.
That and most of their tech has a very sleek, Ghost in the Shell esque cyber punk look towards it.
Eldar just look like typical space elves. Girly men, sure, but not weeaboo.
Also
The Tau Infantry models, according to sculptor Jes Goodwin, were designed to have subtle influences taken from Chinese foot soldiers, while the Battlesuits and vehicles drew from anime style exo-suits.[1] While the Tau vehicles are 'skimmers', the design brief specified that the Tau Tanks have an impression of being heavier and more solid than the Eldar Grav-tanks
From the word of god, Tau were inspired by anime.

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
Also, Tau were made specifically to lure in new blood when anime became popular in the west, and market analysts claimed 40k was too Grimdark for modern teenagers.

Kayerts

Arcane
Tau are mostly a pan-Asian amalgamation. Their philosophy seems heavily Confucian, their models are Chinese-influenced, and the efforts to grimdarken them revolved around making them resemble Imperial Japan.

The only obvious Japanese influences I see in the eldar are the bushido-analogue aspect shrines and the shurikens. But generally they seem to draw from globally distributed ancient cultures: Egyptian, Celtic, Indian, Norse. I can appreciate a general irritation with fantasy elves, but WH40k eldar seem pretty metal. They don't spend their time braiding each other's hair and singing songs and hugging trees; they're fanatical, vengeful mystics who follow a bloody-handed god of war. They're basically leaner space marines with master's degrees.

oscar

Arcane
WH40k eldar seem pretty metal. They don't spend their time braiding each other's hair and singing songs and hugging trees; they're fanatical, vengeful mystics who follow a bloody-handed god of war. They're basically leaner space marines with master's degrees.

Yeah Elder have grown on me lately. Main thing that annoyed me about Tau is that they've gone from cave-dwellers to invisible mechs in two years while all the other factions are more or less technologically stagnant meaning any significant advance in time should make the Tau unstoppable. Though I remember someone from the Codex saying that it's hinted that this technology and rapid evolution is due to Elder meddling.

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
Sounds pretty damn good.

Also it's about time we get to do Eldar. No more Imperium of Man horseshit.

desocupado

Magister
treave said:
Sounds pretty damn good.

Fuck eldar.

Seriously, pansy girly men?

If SPACE MARINES! Aren't an option anymore, then it's ORKS

ORKS IZ MADE FOR FIGHTIN' AND WINNIN'

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
desocupado said:
treave said:
Sounds pretty damn good.

Fuck eldar.

Seriously, pansy girly men?

If SPACE MARINES! Aren't an option anymore, then it's ORKS

ORKS IZ MADE FOR FIGHTIN' AND WINNIN'

Fuck SPESS MARINEZ, their whole BROHOOD horseplay is faggy as shit in the best traditions of Spartan man-boy loving.

But I can get behind ORKSES.

Hoodoo

Arcane
deus101 said:
As an owner of an Tau army all i say is...FUCK YOU!

Why the fuck are Tau weabos.....that dubious honor is reserved for the Eldar!

I mean...bleading crystals!

And their wraithlords is much more "Mecha" then Tau battlesuits...which is more...Battle Tech (tm)

Fuck your faggotry! IM HERE TO DEFEND THE GREATER GOOD! (which means slow ethnic cleansing of primitive humans)

:salute:

oscar

Arcane
I'd almost feel cheated if we could only do one faction. Could we play both simultaneously?

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
DwarvenFood said:
I'd love to do Orkz but I'm not sure if I will be able to stand the dialogue.. it will be harder than reading BLOBERT posts.

AIGHT YA ZOGGIN GITZ! ME AN ME BOYZ HEARD THERE WAS A BUNCH O STUPID GROTS 'ERE WHO AIN'T GOT DA FINKINS TA UNNASTAND ORK! WELL LISSEN UP YA RUNTS, 'CAUSE BIG NOB ULMINATI'S GONNA MAKE FINGS EASY ON YOU.

FIRST YA GOTS YA CHOPPA. IT'S BIG AN IT'S HEAVY AN YA USE IT TO SQUASH DA HUMIES AND DA POINTIES AN ANYTHING WHAT LOOKS AT YA STRANGE. THEN YA GOTA YA DAKKA. YA DAKKA IS USED FOR DEM FINGS WHAT TRY TO RUN AWAY. REMEMBER TO ADD SPIKES AN SHINY FINGS TO IT FER GOOD LUCK. ALSO, ADD SUM RED SCRAP AN SPIKY BITS TA YER BOOTS TO MAKE EM GO FASTA. NOW, ONCE YA GOTS YA CHOPPA AND YA DAKKA DOWN, GATHER UP ALL THE TEEF YA KAN FIND AN LOOT SOME SCRAP. BRING IT TO DA NOB SO WE CAN HAVE OURSELVES A BUNCHA WARTRUKKS BUILT SO WE CAN FIND OURSELVES A PROPER WAAAAGH. IT'LL BE ZOGGIN' BEAUTIFUL!

That said, my vote is still for eldar.

oscar said:
I'd almost feel cheated if we could only do one faction. Could we play both simultaneously?

In fact, this. Eldar are well known for manipulating other races into doing their dirty work. Can we have Eldar and their puppet orks going about their merry business?

Kayerts

Arcane
root said:
two more chaos gods will die

abaddon will be replaced

Well, at least it sounds like his dream of Chaos Undivided is finally going to be realized! Technically!

root said:
leman russ, vulkan and the two unknown primarchs will return for the end times

Roboute Guilliman stays stuck in his shrine and snoozes through the End Times? Not that I'll miss him, it's just odd that he's not joining his bros.

Ulminati said:
Eldar are well known for manipulating other races into doing their dirty work. Can we have Eldar and their puppet orks going about their merry business?

At first this seemed cheesy, but there might be an interesting mechanic here. Say some eldar seer council is directing the orks to create an uber-warboss; a warbro, if you will. They can then effectively use his Waaagh as auxiliaries, but as he gains victories, his orky physiology levels up and makes him smarter and harder to control.

DwarvenFood said:
I'd love to do Orkz but I'm not sure if I will be able to stand the dialogue.. it will be harder than reading BLOBERT posts.

'ERE WE GO, 'ERE WE GO, 'ERE WE GO WITH ALL OUR BROS
DON'T KNOW WHEN WE'RE GETTIN IN, WE ARE NO BRIAN SURGEONS
DON'T KNOW WHERE WE'LL END OR FALL, WE DON'T KNOW LOLLOLLOLLOL

Azira

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
123884929578.jpg

Azael

Magister
Wasteland 2
Human faction is preferable, I really want to get a good look on how the Dragon runs the Imperium.

If not possible, either Eldar or their Dark cousins. Then again, Chaos Undivided sounds interesting as well. Decisions, decisions...

grotsnik

Arcane
Orks! There's no reason why a good writer can't make them entertaining, engaging *and* very funny. And with all this epicness flying around, a brave band of Boyz would make for heroic underdogz.

Also, 'Yooz boyz listen up! We'z gonna show a bit of cunnin' brutality 'ere. Dagnutz - yooz throw dat snivellin' grot wit' dem bombz stuck to 'im over der trench. When yooz 'ears der explosion, start choppin' anyfing dat moves.' = easier on the ears than 'By the three moons of Beil-Tor, the ignorant apes have doomed us all through their blundering stupidity. To avenge this outrage, we shall display only fey, humourless grimness from now on.'

Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I'm for da boyz but new imperium would also work.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom