Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

LARPFEST

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
Hurrah, a timeskip!

Destroid

Arcane
1299598829304.jpg

Storyfag

Perfidious Pole
Patron
root said:
Between all of them stood the Emperor of Man, the Omnissiah, the Machine God, the Void Dragon. The only thing that had ever caused the new Emperor to experience fear was safely locked away in a place where none could reach.

This. This is our only hope. Unless it's the Outsider, in which case we do NOT want to unlock it.

Still, I'm quite surprised that the Dragon appears to be running the Imperium as the God-Emperor would, had he been able to. Unless the esteemed root provides us with something really nasty in the update concerning the Imperium's inner workings, I might find myself rooting (excuse the pun) for the Dragon.

Azael

Magister
Wasteland 2
root said:
On either side of him were two more chaos space marines, their armors entirely white and their helmets plain. They were called the Traitor Twins, souls that had bartered with Chaos for the good of mankind and ultimately were lost to it

Hmm, now who could these two fine gents be? :salute:

Interesting update. Now humans use technology and SCIENCE! the way they're supposed to be used. What's so bad about the Void Dragon again?

Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Maybe the Void Dragon now works for Greater Good with humans instead of those silly Tau. Would be a decent explanation to why they get extinct.

Azael

Magister
Wasteland 2
What does the Void Dragon look like, BTW? I know the Deceiver could change his appearance at will, is the same true for the Dragon? Looking like a giant serpent might be bad for his public image after all.

Kayerts

Arcane
As far as I know, there's never been any canonical description of the Void Dragon in his true form, but the art here looks completely awesome. That said, I'm not sure it matters. Emperor 1.0 was a corpse sitting on a chair for nearly 11,000 years, and he got by.

The thing the Void Dragon feared was pretty clearly the Outsider, although the extended mention seems to be hinting there might at least be someone who wants to set him free. The new Warmaster has an obsession with a cosmic Judge, after all.

Slaanesh would have been my last pick for the survivor of the Chaos Civil War, both in plausibility and in expected entertainment value, but I'll trust in 3108. Good to see that Jeremiah's still honoring Eliphas's stronghold defense speech, too; it probably doesn't make up for totally murdering him, but at least he didn't forget his ol' Word Bearer buddy.

Root, will we ever find out what killed the original Emperor so thoroughly that he didn't even have a Warp presence afterward? That seemed like the biggest remaining mystery. Anyway, the 43rd millennium looks interesting; it'll be fun to see what you do with it.

Storyfag

Perfidious Pole
Patron
Kayerts said:
Root, will we ever find out what killed the original Emperor so thoroughly that he didn't even have a Warp presence afterward? That seemed like the biggest remaining mystery.

Yes, root, tell us! Given the Emprah's massive Warp presence and His widespread cult, I actually expected Him to manifest as a god shortly after His death. After all, in Warhammer belief makes things real. Especially in the Warp.

Cassidy

Arcane
Destroid said:

Why love can bloom? I don't really see the connection with the latest update.

Now that the Ork silliness is over and that a fresh start will come, maybe you'll stop making stupid decisions and induce me to stop voting knowing it is impossible to totally avoid stupid decisions in majority vote.

lightbane

Arcane
Actually, in one of the latest novels the Void Dragon is described as... A regular dragon duh (supposedly once he came to Earth during the Middle Ages to recover, but the Emprah singlehandely owned him, inspiring Saint George's myth and such).

Cassidy

Arcane
Switch the side being played to

THE RESISTANCE

Humanity shall not fall!

Death to Xenos Scum!

Send the Angry Marines to purge the Void Dragon and the traitors of mankind!

lightbane

Arcane
Wait what??? The Void Dragon has created a new Imperium where there is hope and people live well? :decline: HERESY!!! A soul-eating monster like this thing means nothing else but disaster, I expect that once everything that resists him is destroyed he'll tentacle-rape and devour Mankind. Oh, and focus on Eldar's complete extinction, these jerks need to be killed as well.

Azael

Magister
Wasteland 2
lightbane said:
Wait what??? The Void Dragon has created a new Imperium where there is hope and people live well? :decline: HERESY!!! A soul-eating monster like this thing means nothing else but disaster, I expect that once everything that resists him is destroyed he'll tentacle-rape and devour Mankind. Oh, and focus on Eldar's complete extinction, these jerks need to be killed as well.

A "post-scarcity society" sounds like a recipe for decadence and indulgence. Now who would benefit from that?

Kz3r0

Arcane
THE WAAAGH

It's always been barbarians that brought down civilization.

Azael said:
lightbane said:

A "post-scarcity society" sounds like a recipe for decadence and indulgence. Now who would benefit from that?
Slaanesh.

Voting Chaos.
Flopped to tyranids.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom