Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

LARPFEST

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
Reject_666_6 said:
herostratus said:
lightbane said:
Our orkz are soooo dead... That's the 3rd party that the Codex has successfully sentenced to damnation and death.
And good fucking riddance. Now the only thing left is to salt the earth forum and purify the remains with thrice-blessed promotheum.

Why you a playa hater, nigga? You got sum beef wit da greens?

He's just a faggot who masturbates furiously to pictures of world eaters space marines.

root said:
your spiteful hatred of the orks has destroyed the greatest plot twist this LP would ever have, villainstratus. I hope you are happy.
What's wrong root? I thought Orcs could conquer a planet just the way they make shit fly, e. g. because they believe hard enough. Doesn't your polytheistic, strongest-psykers-in-the-galaxy species believe strongly enough? Is it because they're not muslims?

Also, I actually voted m0ar boyz since I thought the orcs would come up with some ridiculous deus ex machina and make a fucking orc titan or something

Kayerts

Arcane
Yeah, Ghazghkull managed to pull off the destruction of titan legions, and we're supposed to be bigger than Ghazghkull. Plus the historical Bonaparte was an artilleryman first and foremost, so I figured his orky counterpart would be all about da dakka. Alas. Die well, green friends.

oscar

Arcane
root said:
he is genghis khan.

Interesting. Do you share the view (not sure if it's canonical anymore) that the divergence between our world and 40k is that the Byzantine Empire never fell (as opposed to the gradual normal history -> space flight -> colonize the stars -> bad shit happens with robots -> dark age of technology -> now)?

oscar

Arcane
B. The Legio Destructor are bros.

@root: damn I've looked for ages but I can't find it. Was pretty cool I thought and made sense with the setting (though perhaps not the "everyone's white and either talks like a cockney or a faux Roman").

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
It depends on when the Byzantine Empire embarks upon its miraculous survival. Surviving as a tiny city-state post 1453 would not have much impact on world history. What would matter is if they maintained their grip on Anatolia. At the greatest extent of the Byzantine Empire (i.e. just after the fall of the Western Roman Empire), it ruled Egypt and most of the Mediterranean coast. A Byzantine Empire strong enough to retain those borders well into the 16th century would put flight to any Muslim fancy of domination and consign them to the Arabian peninsula. In a WH40k context, the obvious excuse would be for the God-Emperor of Mankind to succeed as Imperator, possibly right after Justinian, and somehow install a long-lasting system of empire which would not be as suspect to Byzantine plots, thus ensuring the survival of the empire. He would also have to be responsible for instigating a scientific revolution to maintain the historical progress aided by Muslim civilization.

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
Both the Legio and the orkz are bros. But if I were in the Space Marines shoes I would rather help the Legio. so B

Hoodoo

Arcane
jeez, we got a warboss that can do this:

root said:
The Warboss, by this time also on fire, jumped out of his driver’s seat with Hatechoppa between his teeth and started climbing the Titan’s structure towards the cockpit. He breached the side of it with his Snazzgun and threw himself inside, slaughtering the crew with his Hatechoppa. The last Titan fell to the ground, lifeless. The Warboss let out a roaring cry of Waaaagh! And jumped from the top of the Titan into the meelee below, felling many more enemies until the small skirmish force was wiped out.

and you fegets are voting B? heresy!

A ALL THE WAY :love:

Hoodoo

Arcane
Storyfag said:
Isn't it obvious? We want the Resistance to prosper

Resistance prospers anyway with a waaagh rampaging through a New Imperium sector.
Mixing the favours of traitor marines with a potential Resistance ally isnt really a sound idea anyway imo. You should wait, let the orks rampage, enjoy the awesomeness of the Warboss and his squig teleporters. And then later on destroy them at a more decisive moment when its clear they wont be of any help to the Resistance.

desocupado said:
I hate you fuckers.

Storyfag said:
That feeling is mutual. Also, butthurt detected :smug:

SIDES ARE CHOSEN

Storyfag

Perfidious Pole
Patron
hoodoo said:
Storyfag said:
Isn't it obvious? We want the Resistance to prosper

Resistance prospers anyway with a waaagh rampaging through a New Imperium sector.

The Resistance lost a recruiting world due to us being dumbfucks and trusting the Eldar. The Resistance is, as Root put it, "sorely outgunned". Both could be offset by the forgeworld joining the Resistance, as B dictates.

Hoodoo

Arcane
Superfag said:
The Resistance lost a recruiting world due to us being dumbfucks and trusting the Eldar. The Resistance is, as Root put it, "sorely outgunned". Both could be offset by the forgeworld joining the Resistance, as B dictates.

root said:
which would be also favourable to Chaos.

So your going to be a dumbfuck and trust Chaos instead? :roll:

You should let loose the orks on the New Imperium. Orks don't care about intrigue, only fightan. Having them go on a warpath towards Terra is like having all your work done for you. If he loses, at least you have a bunch of necron-marines and N.I legions that you wont have to fight. If he somehow wins, you got sum stupid brute sitting on the Golden Throne. The Orks are meant to be manipulated.

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
A. If we're lucky the orkz will start shooting at Chaos when they try to help, thus leading to a frenetic 3-way.

Hoodoo

Arcane
treave said:
A. If we're lucky the orkz will start shooting at Chaos when they try to help, thus leading to a frenetic 3-way.

all in the favour of the Resistance :smug:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom