Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

LARPFEST

Votan B, mostly because it is the most likely to beat A. B could backfire pretty hard though, I think C is the most rational choice if you aren't driven by orc fetishes or orc hate.

Darth Roxor

Rattus Iratus
Staff Member
From the perspective of Chaos, I think A!!!!1111111 makes the most sense. B would make sense if the Resistance wasn't composed of a bunch of fanatic primarchs. I doubt they would be up for turning to Chaos, while the green tide can be neatly orchestrated to harrass the Imperium.

Death to the False Emperor!

Kayerts

Arcane
Yeah, we just fell to Chaos; why would we instantly turn around and help the bootlicks of the Corpse of Terra? We shouldn't flip flop at every opportunity; it's not like we're not Marius Hax here. Also, aren't the Legio Destructor of the Adeptus Mechanicus, i.e. the dudes who followed the False Emperor back when he was just the other False Emperor's little buddy? Deviants or not, these guys have been worshipping the Void Dragon for 12,000 years.

There is, however, a rich tradition of Chaos manipulating greenskins, so let's do that. A.

Flopping to C. Seriously guys, read the text. If A or B wins, someone other than us gains a chance at getting a forgeworld (and in the case of the orcs, they will merely go hurr derp hulk smash take the shiny things). In the case of C, chaos (us) wins a Chaos Manufactorum. Which is more useful?

I voted B previously because I fucking loathe the orcs, but I suppose I shouldn't metagame. So I'm voting for what is best for chaos. Also, root wants C to win so that would probably be the best update. And doombreed's plans for chaos intrigues me...

Remember the old saying: a bird in the hand is better than two in the bush. To wh40kize it: A forgeworld in the hand is better than two in the bush. Meaning, it is better that we control the forge world than that someone else does, even if some of their interest coincides with ours. For when their interests stop coinciding with ours, that forgeworld will be used against us...

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
herostratus said:
Wah wah wah I am butthurt people vote A

See, son, the thing is we don't vote to "win" or to help a specific faction. We vote what we think would make for the most entertaining read.

Quetzacoatl

Liturgist
herostratus said:
Flopping to C. Seriously guys, read the text. If A or B wins, someone other than us gains a chance at getting a forgeworld (and in the case of the orcs, they will merely go hurr derp hulk smash take the shiny things). In the case of C, chaos (us) wins a Chaos Manufactorum. Which is more useful?

I voted B previously because I fucking loathe the orcs, but I suppose I shouldn't metagame. So I'm voting for what is best for chaos. Also, root wants C to win so that would probably be the best update. And doombreed's plans for chaos intrigues me...
EDIT:
Since I suffered from a bit of illiteracy here thanks to Arael, Herostratus' argument makes logical sense.

Ulminati said:
herostratus said:
Wah wah wah I am butthurt people vote A

See, son, the thing is we don't vote to "win" or to help a specific faction. We vote what we think would make for the most entertaining read.
Attention all citizens: If you want to fuck up miserably Marius Hax style, vote for the same thing as Ulminati does.

We're playin as orks here boy so A means we technically get the forgeworld.
The eminable root himself warned you against metagaming! Purge such heretical thoughts from your mind, then flagellate yourself until you are emptied of impure thoughts.

Azael

Magister
Wasteland 2
Krap said:
We're playin as orks here boy so A means we technically get the forgeworld. Besides as of now we're jumping from faction to faction so if we wish to use the assests of the forgeworld we'll just play as the faction who has it. So either way we the players have control over the forgeworld no matter what option.

We're NOT playing as Orks though, the choice is for the Space Mongols.

Quetzacoatl

Liturgist
herostratus said:
The eminable root himself warned you against metagaming! Purge such heretical thoughts from your mind, then flagellate yourself until you are emptied of impure thoughts.
EDIT: Since act 1 had lots of metagaming in it and it was a failure I now concede with Herostratus.

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
Sparing a bit of manpower to help ensure the Orks remain a drain on the New Imperium's resources for the great battle to come? I really don't see why not. It's a wiser move than some here give it credit for. Metagaming is bad, sure, you're free to think that way, but using metagaming as an argument against an action that has a basis rooted in the game (it's not entirely illogical) is silly.

But still, reading through the update again... the XI Legion hasn't blown its cover yet, right? Joining the fight directly on the side of the Orks is outright treason. Having a backstabbing Legion in the Emperor's own shadow is something that shouldn't be thrown away for the lulz. It could swing the tide of battle at a crucial time, the difference between victory and defeat.

Flopping to C. Though they better be able to explain well why they decided to stay out of the battle. Having forged evidence of the Legio being stubbornly recalcitrant would be nice.

Kayerts

Arcane
herostratus said:
Attention all citizens: If you want to fuck up miserably Marius Hax style

We didn't fuck up miserably with Hax. We fucked up gloriously.

For this choice, I don't see how C makes sense. The canon regarding what pleases the Chaos gods always seemed inane to me, but this one seems to be stretching what little logic it had. If we're trying to gain the favor of the Khorne-y aspect of Chaos, how do we actually accomplish that by sitting around idly, braiding each other's topknots and watching old My Little Pony vox recordings? The Blood God's favored champion won that honor by shattering his own legion as punishment for taking a breather during a battle. Inasmuch as Slaanesh has assumed Khorne's "portfolio," I don't think we win bushido points by sitting this one out.

Then again, our options for involvement are kind of dumb, too. I'm not sure we want to introduce ourselves to our new boss by saying, "Hi Jerry! We just gave our enemies a bunch of really big guns! What now?"

Storyfag

Perfidious Pole
Patron
treave said:
But still, reading through the update again... the XI Legion hasn't blown its cover yet, right? Joining the fight directly on the side of the Orks is outright treason. Having a backstabbing Legion in the Emperor's own shadow is something that shouldn't be thrown away for the lulz. It could swing the tide of battle at a crucial time, the difference between victory and defeat.

Flopping to C. Though they better be able to explain well why they decided to stay out of the battle. Having forged evidence of the Legio being stubbornly recalcitrant would be nice.

Err... But the above would be best accomplished by B... They join the battle against the orks and then tell the Void Dragon that it's not their fault the stupid grandmaster of the legio joined the Resistance. This and only this allows them to keep their cover. Now, how would the chances of keeping their cover look like if they handed the forgeworld over to Chaos?

grotsnik

Arcane
A., I say, A.

Deze haterz, dey gonna hate. An' we'z gonna eat der haterz' facez.

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
Storyfag said:
treave said:

Err... But the above would be best accomplished by B... They join the battle against the orks and then tell the Void Dragon that it's not their fault the stupid grandmaster of the legio joined the Resistance. This and only this allows them to keep their cover. Now, how would the chances of keeping their cover look like if they handed the forgeworld over to Chaos?

Root said cover won't be blown so the point is moot anyway.

But it's just as plausible for the Void Emperor to target them as members of the Resistance. Though you're right, it's even better if they pretend to be Emperor-loyal while actually working to aid the Resistance while hiding their true identity of Chaos. Triple crosses are fun.

Hoodoo

Arcane
p much anything can happen, theres so much intrigue and betraying with humans to count on any choice being beneficial/bad. Only thing you can rely on is that the orkz like fightin' and right now there fightin the N.I.

Not that its going to be as easy as that. I bet root will conjure a hive-fleet or some hostile Eldar to get in the way of the orkz eventually.

Also, all of these choices are to ambiguous to be meta-gamey imo:
1 - Could have the orkz go on a highly useful rampage through the Imperium, but they are also as likely to turn on the marines
2- Human intrigue n stuff, so who knows
3- Probably the safest bet for Chaos, but who knows. Usually waiting brings on all other sorts of problems

Kz3r0

Arcane
Death to the Orks.

LEGIO DESTRVCTOR

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom