Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

LARPFEST

Kayerts

Arcane
Yeah, spelled out like that, it's a very compelling argument for no espionage. It is better for us to die for narrative consistency than to live for ourselves.

Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Team FAGGOT, get your rainbow-colored, well-toned and shaped asses into gear and start posting stuff on our channel. Make sure to be fabulously cunning.

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
Yaar Podshipnik said:
On this I vote A.

If we go B route then it will get all the way matagamey, with possible comms hacking and stuff like this.

If a game experience was designed from the start with the espionage in mind and all participants use same software for communications then it would make sense - everybody would be on equal ground. But right now - no.

This.

You're going to be stressed enough managing the flow of updates from multiple factions without adding butthurt and drama from espionage on top.

Since all the factions I wanted to join are filled with people I don't wanna work with, I'm just gonna pretend I'm the orks and read this thread without contributing. :greensmug:

Azael

Magister
Wasteland 2
root said:
butthurt does add to to the codex experience, tho.

this essentially boils down to:

A) treating this LP as an IF - keeping narrative cohesion intact - no espionage

B) treating this LP (or this particular part of it) as an actual game - narrative is secondary, metagaming makes sense - yes espionage

A

Espionage as in player - player is stupid. However, other espionage could be considered. Khayos in resistance, genestealers, etc. might be OK though.

Baltika

Educated
Root, will we need to consider inner-faction relations (i.e.: morale, leader popularity, political backstabbing, etc...), or no?

Darth Roxor

Rattus Iratus
Staff Member
'Espionage' through pming people with promises of powers should be exclusive to Chaos, out of obvious reasons :smug:

grotsnik

Arcane
Baltika said:
Root, will we need to consider inner-faction relations (i.e.: morale, leader popularity, political backstabbing, etc...), or no?

Wait, really? I haven't even had a chance to be an ineffective, unpopular leader yet. Give me that chance! I promise I won't disappoint!

Kayerts

Arcane
Root, is there a particular time by which we should send our decisions to you? We currently have a united will but not a united mind; two nodes have not yet joined their voices to Ours.

grotsnik said:
Wait, really? I haven't even had a chance to be an ineffective, unpopular leader yet. Give me that chance! I promise I won't disappoint!

Yeah seriously, I haven't really developed into a Hive Tyrant at this point. At best I'm a Hive Slightly Pushy Buddy.

Storyfag

Perfidious Pole
Patron
root said:
anyway, should be clear now that the chaos god is no longer slaanesh the tranny-maker.

i guess you could call it...
malal

:yeah:

:love:

Is the Chaos God's bride the Dark Harlequin ascended to daemonhood? Last time we saw him, he was torturing a Farseer with his words...

O'Hallahan

Barely Literate
hoodoo said:
Can come Chaos if you want, pm darth roxor for a link to the forum

alright thanks, was hoping for an eldar/tyranid spot though :( dosnt look anyone wants new members

Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I think that there is room in our rainbow-colored fag brigade. But it's up to root whether he will allow more members and where.

Also, if you join it should be only after the update that uses our first decision - which should be today as it's Thursday already.

grotsnik

Arcane
Probably my fault it's late - our majority decision got delayed, then our message to him didn't get through until last night...apologies. Like all great resistance movements, we're a bit of a fucking shambles.

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
O'Hallahan said:
hoodoo said:
Can come Chaos if you want, pm darth roxor for a link to the forum

alright thanks, was hoping for an eldar/tyranid spot though :( dosnt look anyone wants new members
I'm concerned that you might be a spy of some kind. :paranoia:

It's not even sure there'll be another round of this Free For All. But we will find out later today when root posts the update.

Reject_666_6

Arcane
You mean imprisoning an autarch and looting Eldar technology means we'll be on bad terms with the Eldar?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom