Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

LARPFEST

Kayerts

Arcane
Reject_666_6 said:
You mean imprisoning an autarch and looting Eldar technology means we'll be on bad terms with the Eldar?

Damn these unfathomable Xenos and their inexplicable reactions!

root said:
Kz3r0 said:
How about Tyranids against everyone else? :smug:

that is doable...although hardly fair. for everyone else :smug:

I'd actually be up for that, in the unlikely event you weren't joking. :bro: for my Swarmbros. If our collective biomass is to be recycled and remade in the image of the Children of Ceramite, know that you will be forever remembered as the Hivemind's finest.

Otherwise, yeah, multiple interacting factions was a cool idea, but it seems like it'd be a nightmare to write up without making whichever side didn't have a contingency look unrealistically dumb. And it probably isn't as much fun for players to write a chain of nested if-then-else clauses to work out what their faction should do in various eventualities.

Regarding the choice, hm, you people who actually played one of the relevant factions probably have a better idea of how this works. My understanding is that if Alaitoc unites with the assembled craftworlds at Ynnead, then the God That Comes will bring the Warp itself crashing down on Slaanesh. Which seems pretty good for the Spess Mehrens, and Magnus and Horus II both seem like they might have a bone to pick with the god of Chaos Undivided. But then consider that the Resistance wants to dethrone VD, as does the Warmaster, and Jeremiah has about a thousand times more dakka to bring toward that goal. Whereas I get the impression that if the Eldar succeed in killing Slaanesh, they're going to throw a millennium-long roller derby to celebrate. And during this time, their official policy vis-a-vis their saviors in La Resistance in their valiant struggle against the New Imperium will be that they can go suck it.

Azira

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
Ah, this is a tough one. The resistance responded to a distress call in the hope of gaining some allies. The people the resistance sent saw through the ruse and did not fall to the ploy, so they might be understandably upset. Then again, these people have more than 10 milennia of experience, dealing with disappointments, so such treachery might be overlooked if it is deemed that more is to be gained from this.

If we still want this to pan out as originally planned, then we should do a compromise. Let the Eldar people go, but imprison the Autarch, who is obviously not to be trusted.
AB

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
BC.

Eldar are not to be trusted, and the craftworld should be taken hostage to ensure any cooperation. If they want to bring down Slaanesh, they can do so after they help the Resistance.

Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
BB

I greatly enjoyed this part of the LP. Although not everything went as planned for our fabulous Team Faggot it was nice to see how our plan turned out. :salute: to root for trying this out.

As for the current decision - taking over Alaitoc could bolster our fighting power. Dude like Elethiomel should not be left to prance free around. He might have gotten outsmarted this time but I doubt that this will happen again (as long as Team Faggot doesn't cloud his judgment ;)). I doubt that he will reveal anything interesting though.

Kz3r0

Arcane
Kayerts said:
root said:
Kz3r0 said:

I'd actually be up for that, in the unlikely event you weren't joking. :bro: for my Swarmbros. If our collective biomass is to be recycled and remade in the image of the Children of Ceramite, know that you will be forever remembered as the Hivemind's finest.
:bro:

also:
BB

oscar

Arcane
What is the Resistance's economic and industrial state like? Do we have plenty of volunteers, but lack heavy equipment? How does our weaponry compare with the NI's? etc etc

I don't know enough about craftworlds to know if they would be of much use to us. I would also take a guess that unless we do something really terrible to Eldar they're not going to divert forces from their life and death struggle with Chaos.

BA.

Hoodoo

Arcane
A-C

Kill Elethiomel cause hes a snake. And then just let the Eldar go. Putting a craftworld to Exterminatus is a bit extreme just for the treachery of one of them. As for seizing it, I dont think Men arent meant to have craftworlds, prob has booby traps n stuff on it or it will do what the decoy did to half the Chaos fleet.

All in all we should take advantage of this chance to gain an ally. The Resistance are one of the weaker factions and having an ally like the Eldar indebted to us is way better than having another enemy.

There can be reasoning with the Xeno. The resistance tried to help them earlier and look what that got them, a dagger in the back. Trying to ally with them again will surely just result in the same.

Votan

BB

skuphundaku

Economic devastator, Mk. 11
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 MCA Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2 My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
Kayerts said:
root said:
Kz3r0 said:

:bro: for all the Swarmbros

Kayerts said:
Regarding the choice, hm, you people who actually played one of the relevant factions probably have a better idea of how this works. My understanding is that if Alaitoc unites with the assembled craftworlds at Ynnead, then the God That Comes will bring the Warp itself crashing down on Slaanesh. Which seems pretty good for the Spess Mehrens, and Magnus and Horus II both seem like they might have a bone to pick with the god of Chaos Undivided. But then consider that the Resistance wants to dethrone VD, as does the Warmaster, and Jeremiah has about a thousand times more dakka to bring toward that goal. Whereas I get the impression that if the Eldar succeed in killing Slaanesh, they're going to throw a millennium-long roller derby to celebrate. And during this time, their official policy vis-a-vis their saviors in La Resistance in their valiant struggle against the New Imperium will be that they can go suck it.

My thoughts exactly. If the Resistance is to have a chance of ousting the VD, then it has to prevent the Eldar from assraping Chaos, thus both As are out of the question. The Cs fit best with the SM usual MO, but given the situation, I don't think that destroying/killing potentially useful assets would be the best of ideas, so BB.

Darth Roxor

Rattus Iratus
Staff Member
So half the fleet went off after *beacons*? I am very butthurt about this and I did not agree to such dumbfuckery :rpgcodex:

And since I am very butthurt: CC!!!11111 PURGE THE ALIEN

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
I am very butthurt about resistance being able to find and decloak us so easily. Will vote later after I figure out what the best course of action of my enemies is :/

It was the faggots hubris that got us in the end though, as predicted :salute:

Baltika

Educated
Switching to A-B. And, hell. Getting an alliance with the Eldar will be hellluva lot beneficial then Chaos. Think of it this way: when (given the Codex's effectiveness, I'd say "if") we suceed in ousting the New Emperor, then we can definately count on Chaos not acting honorably (It's in their nature)and bacstabbing is the milder thing we should expect, while the Eldar are a 50/50 chance, especially if they are indebted to us for saving one of their Craftworlds. That being said, Elethomiel is not to be trusted.

Azael

Magister
Wasteland 2
Is Swarmy proceeding as planned or did you do your own thing root?

Also, I'm voting A and B. The Resistance shouldn't let itself be tainted with Xeno technology and the enemy of my enemy can sometimes be my friend. The Autarch is to be detained though, he is not to be trusted, but could still prove useful. Let Horus 2 chat with him for a bit, see how he likes that.

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
Voting AC

There is nothing to gain by killing the eldar people, they just want to attack chaos and kill Slaanesh. Resistance wants chaos dead too. The enemy of my enemy is not my friend but they certainly are not my enemy. The craftworld will serve the death of chaos better in the hands of the eldar than the resistances anyway.

Elethio-dude would never let it go though, so he must be removed from the game.

I think it could be cool if factions were still somewhat in the game like if root asked them what they wanted to do from time to time(ie when it made sense)

Also would root mind posting all the faction plans(aside from nids I guess?). I would like to gain insight into what my fellow codexers planned :)

desocupado

Magister
I vote B and C

The info we get from him will be unreliable.

Unless the shark jumper who just appeared has some way to get that info from the elf's head, in which case I vote B and B

Kayerts

Arcane
Eldar, even before they were working under the personal command of the Fiery Destroyer of Worlds, did not get "indebted" to filthy monkeigh. Their most venerated farseer started a war that killed billions of humans, so that 10K Eldar lives might be saved. They are loyal only to their own kind and can only be trusted as far as their interests lie. While those interests would seem to be aligned with ours, their motives are notoriously inscrutable.

That said, if they do succeed in killing or crippling Slaanesh, that seems like it'd have considerable benefits for us. Extended speculation along these lines is sort of inherently self-defeating, but there'd be eight legions of no-longer-Chaos Space Marines and five of Horus's old bros suddenly unemployed. Some of them might be amenable to job offers from the original and one true Warmaster. So I think supporting the Eldar could be a good idea. Though I oppose letting Elethiomel go, on the basis of fuck that guy.

AB: taste the rainbow, digest the Autarch.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom