Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

LARPFEST

Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
C

I do wish however to get some sneaky commando nobz behind the chaos dudes so that we can have a better look at what they planning and can give them some dakka in the back in case they decide to turn against us. This is in hope that we can split their forces (even a bit) thus increasing are chances.

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
You know how we used to joke in this thread about how people would try to diplomatize when we got control of orkz? Well now its actually happening :M

B) WAAAAAAAAGH! (Attack the Ultramarines from the back like propa sneaky gitz)

Baltika

Educated
C. If we attack the Ultramarines from the back without the Whitr Scars knowing of our presence and plans, they will most likely take us for an enemy, hence attack, and hence we will waste troops that we need to assault the city.

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
Baltika said:
C. If we attack the Ultramarines from the back without the Whitr Scars knowing of our presence and plans, they will most likely take us for an enemy, hence attack, and hence we will waste troops that we need to assault the city.
Wot kind of git are yu'z? Dem pasty scars be our enemies and we'z gonna smash em gud! Cuz we'z da Orkz. Now git in line!

Hmm to WAAAGH or to WAAAGH now that is a most difficult question. Though having deeply pondered this most complex issue I have reached the conclusion that the only appropriate action in this particular situation is to

WAAAAGH!!!!11111oneone(B)

Kayerts

Arcane
1. Root, I think your numbers might be off, or at least odd. VD has 8 legions, not 9? It seems like you're not counting the Scars, but only half of them turned traitor, so shouldn't there still be 9?

Also, (10 * numberOfLegions) fellowships total, each usually being a former chapter? Canon gives the number of loyalist chapters toward the end of M41 as ~1000, split across 9 former legions. The average fellowship would have to be the equivalent of ~11 former chapters to make the numbers work, unless there was an offscreen purge of 90% of Space Marine chapters.

2. I appreciated Subutai. And Guilliman as loyal to VD is amusing and appropriate. In my mind, he sounds like Indrick Boreale's voice actor.

Anyway, this is an interesting choice. I don't think we have enough boyz to take on the PDF, the Fists, the Guilliman-led Ultramarines, the Scars, and Doombreed's warband put together. The Scars have already sunk considerable resources into building our Waaagh! into a nuisance for VD, although (a) trusting Traitor Marines as allies seems dangerous and (b) that decision came from Subutai; Doombreed may decide differently once he assumes command.

While it doesn't make a ton of sense strategically to help the soon-to-be-stronger humie faction kill off the soon-to-be-weaker one, talking like that makes me sound like sum posh git who spends too much time thinkin' and not enuff time winnin'. Humie boyz don't get harder than primarchs, and primarchs don't get harder than the blue git, so having his 'ead for our pointy stick iz gonna make it righter 'n' properer. Thus, C.

Hoodoo

Arcane
kill gulliman and white scars then dress up the orks in the power armour :M sneaky gitz option

Baltika

Educated
Jaedar said:
Baltika said:
Wot kind of git are yu'z? Dem pasty scars be our enemies and we'z gonna smash em gud! Cuz we'z da Orkz. Now git in line!

Alright, I'll bite.

Oi, who ya callin' a git, ya git? Way I seez it that them Whitee Scars be Chaos boyz now, roight? Roight. An' dem Chaoz boys don' be appreciatin' da Imperium, roight? Roight. So, if we can getz 'em ta work wiff us ta take down dem smurfs, mebbe deyz gonna want ta go to dat dere city, see, an' get past dem shields. Den we can an even bigga foight in da city wiv dem chaoz boys AN' dem imperial gitz, see? An' da bigga da foight, da better da orz dat win it, unnastan'?

skuphundaku

Economic devastator, Mk. 11
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 MCA Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2 My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
C because, either faction will attack us if we go in so it would be counter-productive. Also, it's a way to give Chaos a taste of their own medicine: they stood by as we were being cut down by the ultrasmurfs, now we'll have a go at watching and cheekily comment from the sidelines as they kill each other.

Also, Bonnapartah could try to use this as a opportunity to show the new Charadon boyz how strategy, instead of futile charges, wins battles.

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
WOT IZ WRONG WIF YOUZE GITS!!!!?

ORKS IZ MADE FER FIGHTING AN WINNING, NOT FER SKULKING OFF OR SITTIN BACK WHEN THE GUD STUFF STARTS! FER MORK AN GORK, WAAAAAAAAAAGH!

A

Kayerts

Arcane
These Scars don't pass up a chance to betray anyone. Who do they think they are, Marius Hax?

C is pretty clearly the smart move, although I suspect that A will somehow have the best results. What Doombreed decides regarding us is anyone's guess, and he may not entirely approve of Subutai's dickery. Killing a weaker ally for no reason while the False Emperor watches and laughs doesn't make a ton of sense for him, but then again, he was Khorne's greatest daemon prince. Pointless bloodshed might be his thing.

grotsnik

Arcane
Boyz an' grots, I come to yers wiv a dream. A dream dat we may be able ter charge in reklussly an' still win, fanks ter der powah o' unwaverin; Orky beleef!

A

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom