Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Legends Of Ellaria - a new FPS/RTS/RPG sandbox game

Unwanted
Douchebag! Shitposter
Can do what? Sell a new brand of snake oil while he poisons his free guinea pigs with the first one?

Beastro

Arcane
Tales of Ilyria, Legends of Illyria, Alphadia, Grandia, Symphonia ... for fuck sake, stop with the shitty world naming.

I'm so sick of historical names being used because no one bothered to spend any time thinking of something original.

It's a step above games like Xenogears where everybody has a name lifted from something/someone from RL to give the game gravity it would never have with quickly thought up generic names.

brando602

Barely Literate
Legends of Ellaria is a greenlit game on Steam set for Early Access release 5/26/17. Its website is larkonstudio.com. You can take a better look at Legends of Ellaria here: http://imgur.com/a/mScEI.

The developers release a weekly newsletter on progress since its very positive KickStarter campaign. It also releases a weekly blog covering game related content. Its newest entry begins...

"In the summer of 2012 Steam debuted a new approach to breaking great games into the marketplace, Steam Greenlight. This process has since allowed for developers of all sizes to compete equally for visibility and allowed for players to enjoy a very active scene of new indie games.
While Steam Greenlight has certainly seen failures in its time, the success stories are what really make it so important and great for the online gaming community as a whole. Now that Steam is moving away from Greenlight in favor of another system, it’s time we respected the great games this service helped bring to the forefront.
Let’s take a look at some of the best Steam Greenlight games..."
It can be read in full at http://www.larkonstudio.com/Best_steam_greenlight_games.aspx.

The game's progress can also be followed at its new subreddit reddit.com/r/legendsofellariagame. The studio takes feedback from players and prospective players alike on what they want to see in Legends of Ellaria, so feel free to leave thoughts below as well!

Galdred

Studio Draconis
Patron
Developer
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Legends of Ellaria is a greenlit game on Steam set for Early Access release 5/26/17. Its website is larkonstudio.com. You can take a better look at Legends of Ellaria here: http://imgur.com/a/mScEI.

The developers release a weekly newsletter on progress since its very positive KickStarter campaign. It also releases a weekly blog covering game related content. Its newest entry begins...

"In the summer of 2012 Steam debuted a new approach to breaking great games into the marketplace, Steam Greenlight. This process has since allowed for developers of all sizes to compete equally for visibility and allowed for players to enjoy a very active scene of new indie games.
While Steam Greenlight has certainly seen failures in its time, the success stories are what really make it so important and great for the online gaming community as a whole. Now that Steam is moving away from Greenlight in favor of another system, it’s time we respected the great games this service helped bring to the forefront.
Let’s take a look at some of the best Steam Greenlight games..."
It can be read in full at http://www.larkonstudio.com/Best_steam_greenlight_games.aspx.

The game's progress can also be followed at its new subreddit reddit.com/r/legendsofellariagame. The studio takes feedback from players and prospective players alike on what they want to see in Legends of Ellaria, so feel free to leave thoughts below as well!
You don't need to explain us what Steam greenlight is for. :D
So what happened to the game during the last 2 years?
For some reason, it takes me forever to load any part of your website.
But the youtube videos work just fine:

Why is the character always fighting alone on the video? Can he bring soldiers/officers with him?

thesheeep

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I've been following this ever since it went on KS (or was it IndieGogo? :lol).
However, I have no intention to play it until it is at least almost ready.

Also... I can't help but feel that weekly updates simply don't work well for early access titles that are THAT unfinished.
Each release always takes about a day of preparation & testing. When you have to do that each week, you lose quite a lot of time.
Or they just release on each Friday, without testing, but that would be... risky?

The Wall

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck Zionist Agent
This is Elder Scrolls VI: Travian in the making that many of us would find a guilty pleasure and Fluent would marry :)

I'm pretty good incline scout when it comes to Kickstarter and Early Access games and this one has been on both of those my lists for quite some time
Will let it brew in Early Access a bit more before consuming it though

Galdred

Studio Draconis
Patron
Developer
I tried the latest non beta build. Performances were horrible on my computer, but I have an oversized monitor(4k) compared to my GPU. that said, I don't have that much problem with most other games (ie, I have mediocre, but not powerpoint grade performances).
What is killing the game for me now are the loading time, on top of the performances. It takes quite a long time to enter any cave of building, so you'd better stay away from peasant houses :D

The game is indeed guilty pleasure grade. What it reminds me most is the Spellforce series, with simple RPG mechanics, wonky strategic mechanisms, but the pleasure to delete armies by yourself. I still feel like the game should have stayed longer in EA, but I had the same impression for a lot of games.

The management part feels a bit "Kingmaker" in that you build stuff on hexes on the strategic map, and have very little reason to go there yourself, so it feels abstract.
My characters is level 10, and can deal with most chapter 1 armies by himself, but can only recruit peasants and hunters.
The game is really too buggy at the moment for me, so I won't try further.

Last edited:

Galdred

Studio Draconis
Patron
Developer
The game is out of EA now:
https://store.steampowered.com/app/621070/Legends_of_Ellaria/
GAME RELEASE
POSTED
Thu, April 1
It's full release day!
Join us this evening in our launch day broadcast to celebrate our full release

4eab26b59fe1ec3117732432c8e7819cf775d8cf.jpg

Good day ellarians! This is a very exciting day for all of us: after 3 years of hard work on Early Access (and not counting the Kickstarter campaign and the pre-production work before all of this), Legends of Ellaria moves to full release!

d0686a7693042fd3939b291a69bd29137caedc8c.jpg

We can’t wait to hear about your first adventures on Ellaria, where your strategy, management and exploration skills will be continuously tested. What kind of king will you become? What awesome adventures will you live?

51ad18c66cb2709568a7220f41843f38e63d30df.jpg

To mark this special occasion, Larkon Studios is hosting a special broadcast to celebrate the release of the game here on Steam. We’ll pay attention to your comments during the stream, as well as to our official Discord server, to make this event a bit more interactive. At the same time, some of our community members will be playing Legends of Ellaria on Twitch, so we’d love you to visit their channels, hear their experiences and share new game tips!

Bardon Plays
Goshen
Gamer 4fun2u
impossibrulis
murrayman01

381c6b4bf9c5ee8d235fe2c403dc7217d4f924a8.jpg

We wouldn't have made it this far without the support, help and feedback of our amazing community. In behalf of the development team, many thanks from the bottom of our hearts for choosing Ellaria as your new homeland. We hope you enjoy the game as much as we have enjoyed developing it. If you want to help us, please spread the word about Legends of Ellaria -- and don't forget to leave your review in the Store page, that helps a lot!

See you soon, Ellarians!

Last edited:

Galdred

Studio Draconis
Patron
Developer
Day zero patch improved performances a lot for me. The balance is still off(there are so many healing options that spelunking doesn't feel dangerous, except when I botch my fireball and it explodes in my face one hit killing me. Meanwhile, my recruits are still beyond useless), but it is quite enjoyable nevertheless (in its guilty pleasure way).
However, the loading times are still unbearable. I think I spent more time on the book I was reading than in the game itself while playing it...

Last edited:

copebot

Learned
It's not really that the loading screens take that long, it's that you are constantly transitioning between loading screens. It's annoying to fast travel to a location like a cave to have to immediately go into another loading screen for the cave itself. In a Bethesda game that sort of convention isn't so bad because the loading screens only take a couple seconds. When each loading screen is 15 seconds or so, it's a bit too much.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom