Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Let's All Play Dragon Age 2

aries202

Erudite
If you a Bioware account, you have an EA account, too. So it is.

commie

The Last Marxist
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
Reptilian Shapeshifter said:
Or they could ride in on clouds.

You mean like Monkey on a pink cloud? Now THAT is a series that deserves the RPG treatment!

monkey_magic-480x349.jpg

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Just finished the demo. The short version: bad UI, average graphics, linear map, trash mobs appearing from thin air, abismal writing and terrible voice acting from the main character. And when I say abismal writing, I mean that the dialouge is so forced, sometimes when I chose an answer, it doesn't even fit into context.

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
Why has no one does a LP of this yet? Yeah I know it's that bad, I refuse to d/l this shit. Come on, take one for the team and do a LP of this.

Has anyone been over to the BioHazard forums?

It looks like a middle eastern dictorship falling apart - the mods can't keep up with locking threads down, and the masses are no longer afraid to show dissent. Some are even going so far as to predict the game won't be AWESOME.

Fuck money-spitting books, I won't download unless we get something truly awesome. Like bottled breast milk from Chris Priestly.

sgc_meltdown

Arcane
Abelon Blanchetourbe said:
something truly awesome. Like bottled breast milk from Chris Priestly.

I'm sure if you PM him and negotiate terms he'll fedex you a flask.

Elwro

Arcane
Divinity: Original Sin Wasteland 2
I just wanted to say I'm not downloading this. In fact, I have two machines and none of them is downloading it right now. That's how edgy I am.

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Elwro said:
I just wanted to say I'm not downloading this. In fact, I have two machines and none of them is downloading it right now. That's how edgy I am.
You are so cool man. :thumbsup:

commie

The Last Marxist
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
Must....resist....temptation....to....download....this....to....see....what....the....Codex....is....raving....about....

OOHH, Men of War Assault Squad is out. I'll check that out instead.

Suchy

Arcane
WTF is going on at youtube? I went through 8 pages of comments on that gameplay vid and counted maybe 2 positive.
There is no such thing as incline of youtube posters, so it must be BioWare hitting the new low.

Xor

Arcane
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
iwanttobeadragon.png

Edit: Removed a bit of collar I forgot to erase when I was working on this.

Risine

Liturgist
OMG this demo was so painful to play...
I can't believe it, they failed in EVERY aspect of the game.
_ Characters are just ... awful.
_ Exterior and sceneries are inexistant. Just a long and empty corridor.
Even the town IS A corridor.
_ Camera is clearly not done for strategic play, but for joypads( I remember the old song about Baldur's Gate successor ).
_ WTF with this succession of useless "fights" ponctuated with pseudo-cinematics.
_ Artistic direction was interesting in the CGI cinematics, but in game, this is just awful, even worse than the lack of artistic direction of DAO.
_ Dialogs : really, really bad, cliche. And WTF with those silences between each phrase. And with the differences between the text answers and the answers themselves?

I played DAO, found it an average/good game. I was expecting a good surprise despite all the marketing approach on DA2.
but that....
Come on guys, cancel your DA2 preorder ( You don't really want Bioware to continue in this direction, do you? ), and preorder The Witcher2, this one will be a real RPG, made by people who like what they do and probably like to play their games.

waywardOne

Arcane
this thread is more entertaining than anything Biodegradation has done lately.

a budda

Arbiter
could this be that "general public" will finally say "NO" to bioware's crap?

i sense a disturbance in the force
:smug:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom