Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Completed Let's kill you guys in Armoured Brigade

tindrli

Arcane
am i missing something? where is an update?

Andnjord

Arcane
am i missing something? where is an update?
In case you missed it, there it is

Hey ho, let's go.

First, music.

(what's with Britons and tank-themed metal)

Ok, let's hope I didn't fuck up too badly.

So, on the Northern section Endemic unload the infantry in safe position, while Tindlri GLORIOUSLY charges forward.

In our mid, everyone takes position in cover and waits for further orders.

South is were we'll get all the action, I presume. If I didn't fuck up too only And gave me a precise location for smoke on mortars, so I'll prep fire for that location. And wait for orders to smoke.

Mq2GfNk.jpg

Nothing happens north. After a minute, the mid tanks under And come under cannon fire, but we can't identify the enemy, just the location.
South, a tracked vehicle is identified in a dug-in position and Andnjord's T55 platoon quickly identifies and engages, blowing it up.
We still don't know what it was, but it's FIRST BLOOD. One of the T55s is damaged by aggressive cannon fire and the crew starts to panic, but the vehicle is still battle worthy.

JzUbP0M.jpg

Sadly, it doesn't last. Cannon fire from some unidentified source coming from mid destroys the damaged T55 from And's platoon and one of the SKOT from Moist's platoon. The squad manages to unload, but it has suffered some losses.

QFt4K7f.jpg

Enemy AT fire from center slacks off. They probably don't have identified more targets. We get a tracked vehicle in a dug in position at the entrance of the South village, it's a AMX-12 (a French-made IFV used in limited numbers by the Itas).

7OgNxmnoJyaprecmyVMKoMu3v8PYJu8KiLCcm9nELTcNSyUPX-GMM8MZiLeIR2JMXqY0p_jTUX7ola5S_ywIAL2i1z35A5DGQam_O-DHoJ9Lwf7qRio2JHs2x8mJ-sV-5HGUCvNJz0trG6w

I didn't even know that this existed, seriously. "Veicolo Trasporto Truppa e da Combattimento", called in Italy AMX-12 because it can transport 12 people. Seriously.
In baguetteland it's called AMX-13 VCI and I seriously hope a frog comrade will dump some lore, I know jack shit about this one, could have sworn we used M113s until the end of time

Strange Fellow's T34s of GLORY are in position and are engaging merrily the IFVs without return fire. Maybe they don't have AT guns in that area?

IE9OAEF.jpg

At last some action north! Tindrli's T55Us identify a tracked something and quickly relay its position to the mid tanks. Soon focus fire will blow it up. I hope.

QfMrSoD.jpg

South, the AMX blows up in the rain of Polish fire. It survived a staggering amount of shots tho, thanks to its dug-in position.

So, four minutes have elapsed, and most of the units are in the ordered positions. Let's give you an overall view for further orders:

bZ9KPWx.jpg

Tindrli's T55s are still advancing, the terrain is shit. Endemic's troops have unloaded and are in cover, quiet and safe and ready.

fIa4mef.jpg

On mid, we have suffered one loss but all the T55s from Andnjord's and Falksi's platoons are raining fire on the enemy vehicles, with adequate results.
Sqeecoo's SKOTs are waiting quietly, infantry onboard.

5oTLxoi.jpg

South a tad of a mess. Strange Fellow's T34 are happily dumping shells on the enemy unopposed, Vale's SKOTs are in position, and one squad has disembarked and got to cover when they spotted the AMX. Baud's T55s and Moist's SKOTs are in position, despite the loss of a vehicle and a handful of men.

And that's it, I guess. ORDERS FOR THE NEXT FEW MINUTES

tindrli

Arcane
Good good. Thank you mr Andnjord
From the picture i could imagine everything except shitty terrain. Nevermind. All good now we need to find the way to use our northen advantage so i suggest to quicky move the rest of our northen units blitzkrieg style further west until we feel comfortable to sorround an enemy. No matter if we lose someone in the process. If we manage to pull that of i think we allready won the battle with little bit of luck with very few casulties

Last edited:

Dayyālu

Arcane
Sorry guys. Today was the day of the Republic, in pastaland we celebrate when we threw out of the country the manlet king and his spawn because they were embarassing failures.

But let's go for the update.

In honour of the resident Poles.

I order a good amount of smoke rounds for covering Vale's advance, and then redirect the mortar fire in the position indicated by Endemic and And. We'll need some time for that.

S9kHGtk.jpg

In the meantime, Tindrli's tonks engage with gusto the tracked vehicle (probably a IFV considering it's not returning fire) and blow it up.

7Xmj3mQ.jpg

Followed up by another French-made IFV blowing up south. Easy kills tho, and it means there's infantry in the towns.

The mortars start their bombardment, and soon we're out of smoke. Let's hope what we get is enough, I redirect mortar fire on the area from where we're getting AT fire. Let's try to suppress whatever is firing at us.

ldMzCFQ.jpg

Fuck. One of Baud's T55s moves to support Vale's Skot advance and gets blown up by the AT fire coming from mid. The fuckers are murderous, and it's Cold War tankery for you. Die without even seeing what's firing at ye.

uMElk4g.jpg

We get another AMX and we identify some Italian infantry, dug in on the front. On the negative side: strong winds blow away the smoke cover I created before Vale's Skot can traverse. Fuck.

sTRnvJ5.jpg

Moist Cloister's infantry goes in aggressively, and with the deluge of fire coming from Baud's T55s and the HE from the T34 the enemy infantry is soon destroyed. Progress!

kUXH0bH.jpg

North, Tindrli's tanks start getting some random infantry fire from the village. No sign of action from the tracked vehicles. Endemic's infantry advances unopposed.

BdVTqek.jpg

Well, the northern IFVs are M113. We got a bunch of infantry north, but no meaningful AT fire incoming considering Tindrli's T55s are parked out of the village and no one is firing at them anything but MGs. They soon start to blow up, tuna cans at short range can't do much against T55s.

gYA1b8h.jpg

In the mid, I scout forward, but our vehicle gets immediately targeted and blows up. Jeez.

Ws7z9Y2.jpg

North, we start seeing some action. Endemic's infantry contacts some Italians hiding in the buildings, and engages at once.

Ok, I guess this is enough of a time to stop and ask for further detailed orders. Let's zoom in.

62MD8D2.jpg

North, Endemic's infantry is engaging. Sadly, one of the infantry squads lost a couple of men and the fucking Poles started retreating already. We know where the Pastas are tho now, and the damage is light.

QA22t9o.jpg

Everyone in position, no one is moving. We are firing mortar shells blind now, because both of our recons got blown up. On the positive, no one is under fire.

3K0tjgi.jpg

Uhhhh.... everything is going well? Every unit is in position. Vale's infantry is quickly advancing in the open but no return fire, and Baud/Moist are in position giving cover. Also the T34s are closely supporting the advancing infantry (someone told me to go URRAH or something).

qptjs9p.jpg

I'm giving you another view of the battlefield, just because it looks nice and gives you an idea of the most dangerous area in the map, the fucking mid strongpoint.
From what I'm seeing, we have mechanized infantry holding the villages (at least 2-3 platoons, one south and probably two north) and SOMETHING giving out cannon fire from mid, but they're hiding well and dug-in. Could be cannons, Pattons, Leopards.... no ATGM fire until now.

ValeVelKal

Arcane
Wait why are my guys doing on foot ? And why are they not in the road ?

I got Tindrlied - my orders were not respected by the drunk local commander.

Soldiers : hop inside the SKOT and cross ASAP on vehicle.

tindrli

Arcane
damnt several posts back i said Who the fuck cares about potatoland. Im sorry. Happy REPUBLIC DAY

ValeVelKal

Arcane
Meanwhile, related to a previous discussion :

1562516906_765_tank.jpg

eYsVSsM.png

MTf829J.png

Peter Lau's The AMX13 Light Tank: A Complete History also specifies :

LoUstFO.png

I had never heard about the NC211 Cormorant so interesting indeed. It looks like the initial request was to make the tank air transportable, then the request was dropped but it remained somehow air transportable nonetheless. Unlike what the book said, the Breguet Deux-Ponts transport aircraft was not cancelled, it is just that the order was limited to an handful of planes.

tindrli

Arcane
BLITZKRIEEEEEG Hit that Enemy Infantry and M113 HARD!!!!! Tanks First infantry behind

JUST ONE MORE QUESTION
Who is retreating??? F/3 Mot.Rifle squad?

i just saw. Bro, those are some serious FPS that you have on that screenshot!:brodex:

Last edited:

Andnjord

Arcane
Two options:

1. The dreaded HD crash has struck again and we've disapeared into the pixelated mists of time.
2. Our Lord Commander Dayyalu failed to show enough deference to the recent worldwide hysteria and has been dragged into the Vatican dungeon for CoVid-19 infection. Now, where did I put my tin-foil hat?

ValeVelKal

Arcane
Well as I do own the game I may try to reinitiate this, especially since the Firefight does not answer.

Dayyālu

Arcane
Taken the bug to replay postapoc Doom mods.

(Ashes 2063 is great, everyone should try it)

:negative:

Update tomorrow. Many excuses for tardiness and laziness will be made.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom