Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Let's learn about fighting games and get murdered together.

• Thread starter Generic-Giant-Spider
  • Start date
Tekken 7 has also only sold as much as Tekken 3, despite Tekken 3 having two years before the next Tekken came out.
wat?

6wutvigsg6281.png

Can't seem to timestamp anymore, but that picture is from the video below, he starts talking about it around the 8 minute mark.

In the video Harada says that when accounting for the PSP sales, Tekken 5 is the best selling Tekken. Tekken 7's 9 million whatever sales might be better than Tekken 3's 9 million. But, Tekken 7 is also the longest amount of time a Tekken game has gone without a new one; it's been half a decade now, the game came out back in June of 2017. Tekken 3 came out on the PSX in '98, and two years later Tekken Tag Tournament was on the PS2 in 2000 as a launch title.

Generic-Giant-Spider

I recommend treating Godzilla's posts as a reminder to take a sip of water while scrolling down.

Shadowfang

Arcane
Shadorwun: Hong Kong BattleTech
So... a.. i a went to a discord channel about the reviving of SF4 and there were these furries and femboy lovers talking about their sexuality and then GG Strive has that Testament and Bridget episode with a lot of tran players coming out of the wood work.
So to clear my mind i went to see some evo matches and people kept calling this Ricky fellow a she. And i was like... wtf how can a Girl play this well and what do you know.

So a.. what i want to ask is how is this scene so pozzed when its one of the last bastion of skilled based games on earth?

So... a.. i a went to a discord channel about the reviving of SF4 and there were these furries and femboy lovers talking about their sexuality and then GG Strive has that Testament and Bridget episode with a lot of tran players coming out of the wood work.
So to clear my mind i went to see some evo matches and people kept calling this Ricky fellow a she. And i was like... wtf how can a Girl play this well and what do you know.

So a.. what i want to ask is how is this scene so pozzed when its one of the last bastion of skilled based games on earth?
Ricky Ortiz was an OG FG player and also a tranny (eventually, started out as a regular fag). But he/she/it was of a previous generation and didn't mouth off at every opportunity about bullshit like discrimination, muh representation, etc (at least back then, dunno now, probably). Pretty good CvS2 player too.

This new generation is just a bunch of spoiled mongoloids, safe to ignore everyone. Most of these morons who mouth off about dumb shit in forums/discord don't actually play anyway.

Last edited:

Silverfish

Arbiter

They were easy to compromise because they put forth this attitude of "all that matters is how good you are". A lack of gatekeepers and the desire to clean up their image so as to exist in the corporate e-sports scene have left the FGC permanently fucked.

The "FGC" as a concept is a pile of shit.

This esports focus bullshit is just the nail in the coffin - including all the attendant corporate greed BS. FGs were way more fun when everyone just played to beat the other guy and games weren't focus grouped to shit, subject to constant updates and e-drama.

Now drama is everything everyone cares about. Just a non-stop barrage of special little kids complaining all the time about muh inclusivity and muh balinse (thx Cleve), while prize pools drop lower and lower. I mean, great job sucking up to corpos for including tranny characters while first place evo winner takes home a whopping 5k USD. LOL

Generic-Giant-Spider

FGC was only fun when Evo didn't take place in some fucking arena that they probably have to swipe people off the streets to fill out and trash talking was at an all time high.

FGC these days is gay as fuck and not just because of the local queer brigade either. I was watching Tekken 7's Top 8 and afterwards some bald guy in a mask came on stage and spoke for fifteen minutes about how awesome and amazing and wholesome everything is. It was listed as a "special presentation." You're expecting some bombshell announcements here but instead it's this goof doing a fucking sermon lmao.

Yeah I'm sure I have a fair amount of old man yelling at clouds effect (I'm 42), but back in my day all you cared about was beating the other guy, not telling them how awesome they are (in fact, quite the opposite). Everyone trash talked everyone else all the time and you earned the right to speak when you won. It was very simple.

In fact a lot of people that used to play at arcades were lowlifes and bums. That's just how it was. Sure you used to meet some cool people and sometimes forge friendships (I have a couple of really long-lasting friends from that time), but most interactions were borderline hostile - and that was a good thing in the context of the games being played. Zero bullshit involved. Also none of this "good game shake my hand" garbage.

Matador

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
Currently learning Virtua Fighter 5 US. Maybe I get rewarded at some point if it is released in PC and there is an actual player base.

After trying Akira, Jean and Goh I decided to go for Aoi. I don´t usually like to play female characters, but I dig a lot the design around parries and defensive moves, so I think I will enjoy a lot the process.

Shadowfang

Arcane
Shadorwun: Hong Kong BattleTech
Re-started playing Last Blade 2.
Its amazing how this little game got so many things rights.
Only played against the cpu and local friends.

Although i am not very eager on diving into this goinmul either on fightcadê or steam.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom