Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Let's learn about fighting games and get murdered together.

• Thread starter Generic-Giant-Spider
  • Start date

Silentstorm

Learned
Huh, some indie brazilian studio is making a fighting game and managed to get a character from 2 Neo Geo fighting games in it:

Random cameo really, what's next, some indie game will have a Waku Waku 7 character in it?

Silentstorm

Learned
My favorite part is that there is no Xbox One or PS4 version, finally we get an AAA game that isn't cross generation, SF6 after all will still run on PS4/Xbone.

I expect Tekken 8 to be great, also wondering if Akuma will still be part of a roster or if they will pull out another crossover fighter being part of the roster, gotta say, i still recall being quite suprised when Tekken 7 announced Akuma would be in.

I very much doubt Bamco would ignore an installed playerbase of over 110 million PS4s. They only showed the PS5 logo so far because it was a Sony sponsored event.

You'll notice that there was no PC logo, either. But the game is 100% coming to PC.

It'd be cool if they didn't have to develop for 10 year old hardware, though.

Last edited:

DJOGamer PT

Arcane
also wondering if Akuma will still be part of a roster or if they will pull out another crossover fighter being part of the roster
I fucking hope not
They seriously need to cut down on the number of figthers (and no crossovers) - 35 characters is more than enough

More importantly, they need to go back to 5DR or even a more polished version of 4
7 started out decent, was nice in season 2, but after that it just went downhill fast - season 5 corrected some things, but not enough

Also I guess asking for no Rage Arts would be fabulously optimistic

Sigh...
Well the trailer certaintly looks cool - hope that's the game's actuall look by release
But honestly, I just want this series to go back to the distinctive, fast paced and fun fighting game it was in the PS2 era

Self-Ejected

HereticGuy

Self-Ejected
Does anyone knows something about Tekken 8 roster? Street Fighter 6's leaked roster image (and extremely colorful hit effects) hurt my eyes. In today's clown world I can't hope much incline; but I hope they won't add characters for Twitter mob / change existing ones ( like Testament from Guilty Gear) .

Silentstorm

Learned
I very much doubt Bamco would ignore an installed playerbase of over 110 million PS4s. They only showed the PS5 logo so far because it was a Sony sponsored event.

You'll notice that there was no PC logo, either. But the game is 100% coming to PC.

It only says PS5 because it was a Sony event, but Bamco themselves confirmed, in the actual event, that it will be for PS5/Xbox Series and PC only, and checked again, even on Tekken 8's Twitter page it says PS5/Xbox Series/PC only.

To be fair, Harada on Twitter says he knows a lot of people that do not own a PS5 and jokes that even the Sony people were suprised at the news, i guess Bamco expects that when the game comes out, more people have gotten their PS5's and abandoned the PS4/Xbox One.

I wasn't expecting this, but i guess developers must stop going for cross gen games at some point.

d1r

Busin 0 Wizardry Alternative Neo fanatic
Patron
Is it me or do the animations look sped up?
Overall looks great. Music already leaves a good impression. Can't wait.

Bigg Boss

Arcane
Huh, some indie brazilian studio is making a fighting game and managed to get a character from 2 Neo Geo fighting games in it:

Random cameo really, what's next, some indie game will have a Waku Waku 7 character in it?

This is cool. Reminds me of some jap game a friend gifted that had a bunch of random characters based on games that never made it to the US.

It only says PS5 because it was a Sony event, but Bamco themselves confirmed, in the actual event, that it will be for PS5/Xbox Series and PC only, and checked again, even on Tekken 8's Twitter page it says PS5/Xbox Series/PC only.

To be fair, Harada on Twitter says he knows a lot of people that do not own a PS5 and jokes that even the Sony people were suprised at the news, i guess Bamco expects that when the game comes out, more people have gotten their PS5's and abandoned the PS4/Xbox One.

I wasn't expecting this, but i guess developers must stop going for cross gen games at some point.

I wouldn't be surprised if it ended up coming out on PS4 anyways. I doubt there's any reason what they showed couldn't run on a PS4. It seems like they're skipping arcades first this time, I'm going to guess this comes out on the new systems and PC first like it would've in arcades, maybe with ray tracing, then it comes to PS4 (they aren't going to give a shit about Xbox One) without ray tracing. That's all if between now and release they don't just announce a PS4 version too.

This does look like a big leap visually over Tekken 7, but Tekken 7 could've probably also run on the 360 like TT2 did; it didn't exactly look much better than TT2 anyways.

Arthandas

Prophet
I doubt there's any reason what they showed couldn't run on a PS4
Are you joking? I mean, sure it could probably run it in 720p/30 fps... UE5 on PS4 lol, it can barely maintain stable 60 fps in T7. It would choke on all those particles like an asian woman on a black dick.

Last edited:

karoliner

Arcane
Vatnik
Is over BlazBros.
https://www.gematsu.com/2022/09/blazblue-series-creator-toshimichi-mori-leaves-arc-system-works

BlazBlue series creator Toshimichi Mori leaves Arc System Works​

Mori departs fighting games developer after 19 years.
Sal Romano
Sep 25 2022 / 12:00 AM EDT

Toshimichi-Mori-ASW_09-25-22-320x180.jpg

BlazBlue series creator Toshimichi Mori has left Arc System Works after 19 years, he announced.
Get the full message from Mori below.
I have something to report to all of the users. I, Toshimichi Mori, have left Arc System works, the company I worked at for many years.
I first joined Arc System works after working on Guilty Gear X as an employee of PicPac, and I cherish many of the experiences I have had during my 20 years there, whether it was working for various fighting game titles, developing my own title BlazBlue, or connecting with many of our users.
I have nothing but gratitude towards the staff of Arc System Works and others who have worked with me, as well as all the users who supported us. Thank you from the bottom of my heart.
I will depart from Arc System Works. This may cause some feelings of anxiety, especially among fans of the BlazBlue series. For this, I sincerely apologize.
At the moment I’m thinking of creating and delivering a game for the users in some way, and am going to focus my strength on that endeavor. Your support would be much appreciated.
—Toshimichi Mori

RoBoBOBR

Arcane
Patron
GG Xrd is getting rollback update (let's hope they also rework the ranked matchmaking system)

and the hype goes wild:
ZulPtkQ.jpg

Last edited:
SF6 Beta got cracked on PC, there's a mod that enables the full training mode and you can a get pretty functional "versus" mode with all characters and stages. The procedure is a little patchwork, but it's 100% legit.

Console peasants get rekt

Jason Liang

Arcane
Netmarble has released KoF Arena for mobile, in case anyone was looking for something like KOFAS but strictly PvP. Still no jump button O_o
Snow playing it on Day 1:

Seems ok but it misses KOFAS Dream Match's collab fighters :/

Last edited:

DJOGamer PT

Arcane
Has anyone played Absolver?
Played the first level a few years back
The mechanics seemed solid and it had that God Hand system of letting you customize your own fighting style (with moves you learn throughout the campaign)
However it didn't "grab me" and I had other games I to finish, so I uninstalled it and now it sits on my hdd waiting for the day I give it a try
Also the controls seemed designed with controllers first in mind

Last edited:

DJOGamer PT

Arcane

Seems the "Rage Art" moves have been expanded...
I don't like this ultimate techinique shit on 3D fighters, but at least I hope this time around it's better integrated than T7 - "I am losing this match, so let me hit the awesome button than performs an instant super panic move"

Terra

Cipher
I hope they bring Jun back for this one at least. Making more of an effort on the story mode aside from the Mishima's would be nice too, not asking for much, just some text blurbs between the matches like in was it 4 or 5? Excited regardless though, 7 was the best outing for the series in a long time in terms of gameplay.

Jason Liang

Arcane
Christina is about to win the KoF XV Euro regional!

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom