Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Let's learn about fighting games and get murdered together.

• Thread starter Generic-Giant-Spider
  • Start date

Jason Liang

Arcane
KOFAS seems to be on its last legs so idk why I still bother but hey look its a Soulcalibur collab!

I have to say, its pretty cool to have SF, Tekken, DoA, GG, Soulcalibur and WWE characters all in the same game.

Last edited:
It'd be interesting to see SNK try the F2P model themselves with an actual fighting game that got all this crossover stuff. It really sucks that the biggest crossovers of fighting game characters don't actually happen in fighting games. The audience for them would go fucking nuts if a KoF or NeoGeo Battle Coliseum 2 came out and had 8 Tekken characters, 6 Guilty Gear characters, and a handful of characters from Soulcalibur, DoA, and Street Fighter.

Still sucks we never got a Project X Zone fighting game put out by Namco.

It'd be interesting to see SNK try the F2P model themselves with an actual fighting game that got all this crossover stuff. It really sucks that the biggest crossovers of fighting game characters don't actually happen in fighting games. The audience for them would go fucking nuts if a KoF or NeoGeo Battle Coliseum 2 came out and had 8 Tekken characters, 6 Guilty Gear characters, and a handful of characters from Soulcalibur, DoA, and Street Fighter.

It could depend on how well SF6 does, Street Fighter X Tekken happened, and that was in the SFIV era when Capcom revitalized fighting games and it failed. Although the reason it failed was because Capcom decided to be retarded and added a mechanic that for it to be good you would have to buy DLC. Not to mention that fights took way too long, the stupid implementation of Pandora and so on. Tekken 7 had guests characters, they added one from an RPG (Noctis) that plays relatively well, Akuma (SF) and Geese (SNK). I'm hoping for Tekken 8 to be the same way. What fans are really hopeful for is another CVS.

Is over BlazBros.
https://www.gematsu.com/2022/09/blazblue-series-creator-toshimichi-mori-leaves-arc-system-works

BlazBlue series creator Toshimichi Mori leaves Arc System Works​

Mori departs fighting games developer after 19 years.
Sal Romano
Sep 25 2022 / 12:00 AM EDT

Toshimichi-Mori-ASW_09-25-22-320x180.jpg

BlazBlue series creator Toshimichi Mori has left Arc System Works after 19 years, he announced.
Get the full message from Mori below.
I have something to report to all of the users. I, Toshimichi Mori, have left Arc System works, the company I worked at for many years.
I first joined Arc System works after working on Guilty Gear X as an employee of PicPac, and I cherish many of the experiences I have had during my 20 years there, whether it was working for various fighting game titles, developing my own title BlazBlue, or connecting with many of our users.
I have nothing but gratitude towards the staff of Arc System Works and others who have worked with me, as well as all the users who supported us. Thank you from the bottom of my heart.
I will depart from Arc System Works. This may cause some feelings of anxiety, especially among fans of the BlazBlue series. For this, I sincerely apologize.
At the moment I’m thinking of creating and delivering a game for the users in some way, and am going to focus my strength on that endeavor. Your support would be much appreciated.
—Toshimichi Mori

Wouldn't be surprised if in a year or something we hear he's at Atlus or some place making a new fighting game. Besides BlazBlue, he was also the main Arc System Works guy on the Persona 4 fighting games Atlus published; and from the early post Street Fighter 2 '90s to 2009 Atlus did put out their own fighting game series.

It could depend on how well SF6 does, Street Fighter X Tekken happened, and that was in the SFIV era when Capcom revitalized fighting games and it failed. Although the reason it failed was because Capcom decided to be retarded and added a mechanic that for it to be good you would have to buy DLC. Not to mention that fights took way too long, the stupid implementation of Pandora and so on. Tekken 7 had guests characters, they added one from an RPG (Noctis) that plays relatively well, Akuma (SF) and Geese (SNK). I'm hoping for Tekken 8 to be the same way. What fans are really hopeful for is another CVS.

Capcom and SNK are talking about doing more Capcom vs SNK games.

DJOGamer PT

Arcane

:decline:
It really looks like Tekken 8 ethos is about expanding on Tekken 7 design weaknesses
I don't think it can even be compared to T5DR anymore, since gameplay wise this looks like a completely different beast

Jason Liang

Arcane
So one of the two games I've actually liked so far on PS5 is WWE2k22. Playing 6 Man or Royal Rumble matches with my cousin is a blast!

As far as fighting games, so far WWE2k22 > Injustice 2 > Mortal Kombat 11

Morenatsu.

Liturgist
realistic fighting games would only appeal to whites. this is deeply racist. im banning you from my all-black tournament

also realism = no boobie waifus and no furrybait. massive decline

anvi

Prophet
Village Idiot
I wish there was a realistic fighting game, not just all these beat em ups.

7a43cc46-743b-481b-9ec6-a87fbaca8b0f_1.ce1d689733042eae957dae0af32207e7.jpeg

I tried to play that with an emulator but the characters didn't show up >.< I'll try again sometime, it looks like a good game. I wish the PC had some like that, and some first person Punchout style games maybe with kickboxing too.

Pocgels

Scholar

:decline:
It really looks like Tekken 8 ethos is about expanding on Tekken 7 design weaknesses
I don't think it can even be compared to T5DR anymore, since gameplay wise this looks like a completely different beast

Looks like they took the massive slowdown at a combo starter from Strive.

This guy has been turning out some new UMvC3 mods lately.

If Capcom was smart they’d make a deal with Marvel to release a new version of Marvel vs Capcom 3, and put a small team on it that was just turning out new characters. They could probably expand that games roster quite a bit on the cheap (double it at least) and people would likely eat that up.

Self-Ejected

Dadd

Self-Ejected
There used to be another great tournament video from a few years ago, maybe 2018 or 2019, with very skilled Anji, Justice, Testament and Zappa (AGF, Hotta, Kesuke and Matsui I think) but it doesn't show up when I search on Youtube anymore. It'd be nice if tournament videos and streams could be archived somewhere safe. Maybe there is one already that I don't know of. keeponrock in doesn't seem to have it.

Nathir

Liturgist
There used to be another great tournament video from a few years ago, maybe 2018 or 2019, with very skilled Anji, Justice, Testament and Zappa (AGF, Hotta, Kesuke and Matsui I think) but it doesn't show up when I search on Youtube anymore. It'd be nice if tournament videos and streams could be archived somewhere safe. Maybe there is one already that I don't know of. keeponrock in doesn't seem to have it.

Frosty Faustings will happen this weekend, its an american tourney though, I doubt any japanese players will come.
The R+ scene was unfortunately unwatchable last year due to the lag.

What do you mean unwatchable due to lag?

Sarathiour

Cipher
What do you mean unwatchable due to lag?
The stream itself was freezing a lot, with a shitty quality overall. I obviously started to assume that the problem was on my side, but there were not such problem on the main channel who was streaming KOF XV at this time, I remember right. Puzzled, I asked on the shoutbox if anyone else got issue especially with the R+ stream, and turns out I wasn't the only one.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom