Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.
Glory to Ukraine
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming!
Nice work!

In the SWAT campaign you can use an armored car (they call it "tank" in game) to breach holes in the walls to create your own entry points (especially useful for avoiding booby traps) - I guess the AI just cant handle that kind of thing, otherwise things would be way more complicated in a mission like this.

Unwanted

Kalin

Unwanted
Dumbfuck Zionist Agent
Any possibility of playing as one of these fresh faced youths we've just lectured

7WxHc27.png

Sure thing, sloppy seconds coming up. Best match I could find, not sure about "fresh faced" or even "youth" but he's a classy guy let me tell you:

f16fg9L.png

Welcome (back) to the team. :lol:

I guess the AI just cant handle that kind of thing, otherwise things would be way more complicated in a mission like this.

Yeah I've been playing the SWAT missions on and off for fun and they're quite different.

Plenty of skills and equipment you don't see in the terrorist campaign. Not sure we couldn't use shotguns for example.

Also reminds me, someone asked about ammo, all ammo if infinite, of course. Would be cool if it wasn't.

Unwanted

Kalin

Unwanted
Dumbfuck Zionist Agent
Hmmm good point that's probably doable as long as you get the papers. Upsetting Basho will result in him closing the chapter though and that's game over.

lightbane

Arcane
Going to need food to sway the editor anyway so that's what we ask for straight up.
I didn't know that hostages were that easy to win over.

Typical modern woman, sway her with unclean seafood.
But it seems to work.

For good measure Azira shouts at the cop to be reasonable. :lol:

"It's a mostly peaceful protest, bro!"

(yeah lightbane is now a hand-to-hand master, 100% skill, shame it's utterly useless :lol:)

Why not train with guns then? Although this might help to avoid being arrested somehow.

Also reminds me, someone asked about ammo, all ammo if infinite, of course. Would be cool if it wasn't.

America, land of the free bullets.

Corvinus

Arcane
Bart-Gaines.jpg

Bart "Corvinus" Gaines:

A decent guy with a MAJESTIC mo. He's got that rural, salt-of-the-earth, 2nd amendment charm about him. The sleazy poz-pushers HATE him for telling the TRUTH.

Glory to Ukraine
Yeah I've been playing the SWAT missions on and off for fun and they're quite different.

Plenty of skills and equipment you don't see in the terrorist campaign. Not sure we couldn't use shotguns for example.

OK, the no shotguns for terrorists is actually weird, since IIRC the very main menu screen of the game shows a terrorist with a shotgun. I guess that the Five Eyes campaign was perhaps a half-assed afterthought for the devs (the re-use of maps from SWAT campaign would point towards this too), but missions still seem pretty good for the most part (even all this "hand out leaflets" shit seems somewhat thought out) so w/e.

Unwanted

Kalin

Unwanted
Dumbfuck Zionist Agent
Mission #13 - AMBUSH

pVbjMkh.png

Another easy mission to prepare us for the last ordeal. By the way, from here on out I can't issue orders anymore (it will become clear).

Equipped all the bros with as much hardware as possible. The prison break itself is quite easy.

ubiOxhD.png

Blow up the cars - but make sure the prisoner isn't hurt! OK boss, we're on it lah. :lol:

e3898eq.png

Alright, here we go again! We start at the bottom left and the caravan will show up in the top right.

Adl0Qbv.png

Big bunch of women and children around, i.e. plenty of prime candidates for enlightenment, fruitful work and breeding duty.

Only lightbane and Azira are needed so the rest get to capture civilians rescue victims of the FED and bring them back to base.

eFdRBLl.png

And yeah, this is obviously a reused map - sniper mission from the SWAT campaign.

Weird how they didn't think it'd be a good fit for the terrorists (would've loved to snipe some big-wig governor).

aJBLcG0.png

Only way I know of to slow down the main vehicle is to detonate an explosive charge in front of it.

On my first playthrough some months ago I stupidly tried to stand in the middle of the road to stop the cars...

...only to get promptly GOURANGA'd by the cops. Zero fucks given. :lol:

zG0zgrk.png

Azira sets up the main trap. You'll see in a second.

P8b0Mo7.png

After a lot of waiting and a shameful display where Normie tried to catch the cap-wearing dude (failed btw) the caravan is here!

Brought back Normie to give assault rifle backup just in case seeing how Azira and lightbane aren't exactly the best shots.

Plan is simple: let the prisoner transport pass, then blow up the cop cars...

1hXe2cL.png

Alright, prisoner transport is through - PULL IT!

npTePQO.png

YEAH BITCH! Makin' bacon!

Pr5S8d2.png

We quickly switch to lightbane up on the hill...

oxIQCl1.png

And magically blow up the transport as well!

wkAu5Po.png

Yeah, you actually have to blow it up to get the guy out - don't ask.

If you don't blow up the cop cars they will stop and a bunch of trigger-happy SWAT will bust out.

oIbcDxD.png

Fortunately, Azira got 'em all. The prisoner has been freed and the mission is accomplished.

As for the identity of this high profile member...

You guessed it:

4VFkjVg.png

BWjwApB.png

No more play - "Basho" aka Maxie is in direct control now, delegating Dante (and I suppose, yours truly) to mere fodder duty.

Two missions left - brutal times ahead!

Corvinus

Arcane
Too much truth, they said.
Too much barking, they said.
Too much polish, they said.

A death-merchant got shipped back to Israel for fertilizer.
Jail time for the Hero.
They thought they had seen the last of him.

But the bro-team got him out.

Now, the climate is right... For REVENGE!

DVYEYfB.png

lightbane

Arcane
The boss looks more like a politician than a revolutionary. I suppose that's the idea. How did he make the recording from prison BTW?

No more play - "Basho" aka Maxie is in direct control now, delegating Dante (and I suppose, yours truly) to mere fodder duty.

How will future missions work then?

baud

Arcane
Patron
RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
The boss looks more like a politician than a revolutionary.

Isn't being a politician the end goal of revolutionaries? I mean doing your revolution, coming out on top and then leading the political apparatus put in place by the revolution

How did he make the recording from prison BTW?

the same way our brothers leave jail in between missions?

Glory to Ukraine
Perfect bombing!

The boss looks more like a politician than a revolutionary. I suppose that's the idea. How did he make the recording from prison BTW?

Maybe his lawyer used to put an audio cassette with Basho´s record into a condom during the jail client visit and then ram it up his ass to smuggle it out? In any case, things should be much more simple now that the great leader is free once more!

Corvinus

Arcane
Perfect bombing!

Maybe his lawyer used to put an audio cassette with Basho´s record into a condom during the jail client visit and then ram it up his ass to smuggle it out? In any case, things should be much more simple now that the great leader is free once more!

That's a possibility. Faithful or bribed prison guards is another. The problem with the lawyer explanation is that there are moving pictures to go with the audio. That leaves us with betamax or vhs tapes. Not many asses are compatible with those formats...

Betavhs2.jpg

Glory to Ukraine
Well, wiki says that original US SWAT teams from the 60s had riot control as one of their main tasks, so I guess that technically you could call any (US) police unit that uses "special weapons and tactics" of any sort a SWAT team. However it seems to me that nowadays (at least in Europe) there is a sharp distinction between "riot police" and "special operations" units, with the former using the batons and shields along with other strictly non-lethal stuff (well in some EU countries they use rubber bullets too, which IIRC are classified as "less-than-lethal"), while the later are basically paramilitary groups that use primarily lethal weapons to handle high-risk arrests, raids, hostage rescue and stuff like that. Both types of units have vastly different entry requirements etc, with the riot police being usually just a step above normal cops, while the special operations people are celebrities in comparison.

As the vid is probably from Europe, I guess that the term SWAT (in itself a thoroughly American term) is misused in this case, but I can see that people would simply use SWAT as a catch-all term for any "cool cops" in general.

Unwanted

Kalin

Unwanted
Dumbfuck Zionist Agent
Mission #14 - Topanga Canyon HQ (Waco 2.0)

This is it - Ultimate Doom Expansion Set for the Five Eyes! LAPD are storming the compound and there's no time to plan.

The game picks the cells. Only the Supreme Gentlemen and Cognito Elite Club are present, the rest are random dudes.

Of course, we never used or trained them so they're hardly ideal, but hey, I don't make the rules.

3QjXa7t.png

As you might've guessed, Maxie and his boys won't be of much help as they just run off at the sight of trouble.

To complete the mission we must either wipe out all cops or escape. Dante must also survive.

(failing will give you unique endings though, they covered all angles which is really nice)

Anyway, time to FIGHT TO SURVIVE! Here they come!

us7Oc57.png

First things first - sorting out who's who, slapping on their bullet-proof vests and trying desperately to set up defenses.

TtkIOg1.png

Maxie's crew is running for the vehicles. We order some booby traps set up and have lightbane rig the northern door.

Dante and our bros also embark on a high-powered maneuver to maximize our chance of success - hiding in the bathroom.

lZAHY8P.png

And yeah, this bitch blew up her own grenade - off to a great start already! Cops are also shooting up the place.

Game lagged and I somehow made lightbane deploy THREE explosives in the same spot. Real-time man... Ain't easy. :lol:

JuG0bj2.png

Just as lightbane has finished the pigs storm in and try to bust his ass!

Yeah, not today baldy...

x0MQe1L.png

BURN IN HELL!

aaDfeMg.png

No vehicle, of course. Maxie took all the good ones, but there is a truck we could use. Difficult to reach though.

Gonna bunker up. Cosby rigs the main door and lightbane slaps down an explosive for good measure.

RNdoHpn.png

Cops try to bust in after the explosion but this strapping fodder brother holds 'em back!

G75MaBN.png

YEAH!

ezdAJyL.png

Right - our charming warrior-poet Corvinus II? He's bleeding out on the floor - not sure if it was SWAT or the grenade chick.

Sucks, but waddya gon do.

igrlAdY.png

This strong-hipped birther ain't half-bad with an automatic rifle so we put her on guard duty.

She spots a full SWAT squad crawling around the truck up in the north-west...

tWG3JaR.png

...and proceeds to drop some cops!

:yeah:

1VEsx20.png

...and she's down, but not before taking out three devils! Excellent value, most inspiring sacrifice.

Right, also, sleazy Alvarez demands surrender - well screw that snake!

POadwT7.png

With cops sniffing around the northern door brutha Rabourne pulls back while lightbane puts his finger on the trigger...

Q5T8jm4.png

...however, the enemy is holding their ground! Must've seen the explosive, when they do they opt to keep their distance.

It's far from over though - lightbane spots another squad coming in from the south.

WYNpdZW.png

Rabourne comes to the rescue and sprays the lot with bullets - real hero this guy!

51uICob.png

Two down, but enemy fire forces our bros back!

wev60ou.png

Can't let them get in! I'd forgotten about this old geezer - maybe he can take out a cop or tw-

5Kcv3F6.png

Aw crap-!! Old man Heinz is down and Rabourne's getting pinned down.

diwiPE4.png

All three sickos open fire at once-

xb6eP8s.png

...but he's behind cover and they're out in the open!

:killitwithfire:

75fUKBt.png

DAS RITE!

uJf1plJ.png

At the same time SWAT tried to breach the main door; lightbane had no choice! Set off the booby trap as well.

OL1teh1.png

Or not? Brother Rab is bursted to martyrdom as the feds storm in through the now wide-open door.

There's no helping it now. Helly and Kalarion grab their assault rifles and run to intercept!

ekWkoy5.png

Good one!

dzPRjHu.png

Helly takes a hit, but he's still good to go and the sicko goes down.

RjGEnbZ.png

Since most of the attackers seem to be coming from the south we make a run for it.

Turns out we had another fodder-brother in there with Dante, he's sent to hold them off at the door.

rK3bnYO.png

Huh? Somehow in all the commotion a cop snuck inside and tried to take Cosby from behind.

Fodder-brother comes to his aid trading gunfire with the beast cop!

FN55EHv.png

Another martyr goes down, but the cop now has his back turned to Cosby - never turn your back on a nigga!

HqoPoXe.png

Yeah! That's what you get! Ghetto-style. :lol:

ZHgs5vy.png

Alright, time to split! Go go go!

Looks like we're in the clea-

B61LbOZ.png

Or NOT - goddamn sneaky SWAT asshole took out Helly!

5gAuBIj.png

Everyone else manages to get out though. Cosby is good to go as well, but seeing Helly like that...

Shit ain't right man. Here goes nothing!

CFDWUmw.png

Payback, bitch! To make sure he's properly dead Cosby empties a clip or two into the cunt.

RyBQhKi.png

And with that, ITZ finally over - for now.

BbDlxE1.png

Helly and Corvinus II got captured alive (if barely). They're both gimps now and will join Boot in the infamous Medical Prison.

At least they have plenty of good memories of fighting the man to keep them warm and fuzzy at night.

And hey, who knows, if we still have city slicker MRY on retainer they might get out one day, live the Lieutenant Dan lifestyle.

H2Qq3tX.png

Yeah bro, we're with you! Dante wants some serious answers and all survivors rally behind him.

Final showdown is coming up.

Last edited:

Joggerino

Arcane
Patron
Vatnik
This looked like the best mission yet, pretty tense standoff

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom