Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Zanzoken

Arcane
Man this game is legend. It has gunfights, explosions, lulz, deep philosophical meaning, big 90s sex offender glasses, haiku, car chases. They really don't make 'em like this any more.

Joggerino

Arcane
Patron
Vatnik
I'm not sure if i remember this right. If you leave your man with weapon activated (green circle) is the AI going to automatically fire when appropriate?

Corvinus

Arcane
Is it clear how the mission ratings work? We got +5000$ after each job. I see that Basho's Approval rating is up from 120 to 126 and the cumulative rating is up from 104 to 115 from the mission before. Doing good stuff such as laying waste to the Poz Enforcement Agency and fulfilling mission goals increase the ratings, and allowing White Israelites to take dirtnaps and generally fumble about obviously detract... But what's the influence of the respective scores?

Glory to Ukraine
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming!
I'm not sure if i remember this right. If you leave your man with weapon activated (green circle) is the AI going to automatically fire when appropriate?

Its been ages since I played, but I am pretty sure that your SWAT officers/terrorists actually dont do anything on their own (the only exception being SWAT snipers, who will fire automatically when given "green light" order), they only report certain things (such as seeing an enemy or being shot at). This drags the whole game down a lot, since on the one hand the game obviously encourages doing coordinatem tacticool shit like breaches from multiple directions, but in reality the way to go about things is usually just to select a single dude and solo as much as possible. This is especially jarring since the game came out in 1998, which is the same year when the first Rainbow Six game came out, with its detailed planning phase and fairly complex AI for your team members.

I distinctly remember a mission from the SWAT campaign which takes place in some kind of a law firm (the firm is being held up by several gunmen that hide in offices, of which there is quite a few, so you have to check them one by one). I stacked my element in the hallway in front of one of the offices, used crowbar to open the door and selected a dude with flashbang to prepare for entry. Sudenly the door opened and a suspect ran out. As I fumbled with controls (deselect flashbang, select MP5, select order to surrender) the guy just ran past all five of my guys and got into an elevator. I had to chase him down outside, which was on the one hand hilarious, but on the other also kinda lame.

Is it clear how the mission ratings work? We got +5000$ after each job. I see that Basho's Approval rating is up from 120 to 126 and the cumulative rating is up from 104 to 115 from the mission before. Doing good stuff such as laying waste to the Poz Enforcement Agency and fulfilling mission goals increase the ratings, and allowing White Israelites to take dirtnaps and generally fumble about obviously detract... But what's the influence of the respective scores?

I think the mission ratings (such as "electrifying") have some minimum amount of points that you have to reach. The points are added for good stuff and substracted for bad, each mission rating then has a financial reward assigned to it.

Unwanted

Kalin

Unwanted
Dumbfuck Zionist Agent
Mission #7 - RANSOM

Alright, we've been set up - this is a bullshit mission, let me tell you. SWAT will try to "negotiate" - give us the guy, we give you the money!

Yeah right - if you give up the hostage what's to stop them from just using their snipers to take you out huh? And that's what happens.

Supposedly, you CAN get the ransom money - but I never managed to. Assigned most bros to training and just deployed three bruthaz.

oEEC84t.png

MoistCloister, baud and Storyfag get the honour - only one thing to do: get away!

cnxe60r.png

The map is a death trap, we can't place snipers but SWAT can - and will.

LWfGrGb.png

MoistCloister grabs the suitist scumbag, we'll try to get him out as well.

WTUZlf4.png

And Storyfag grabs the VHS tape - as long as we make it out with the confession we're good.

z17XrCw.png

Go go gooooo!

iPayzWu.png

Pigs inbound - there's an option to call in a getaway vehicle up in the northeast but it's difficult to get there.

Best to just exit the map to the east...

8JzfCuG.png

...which is what we're doing. Storyfag and baud both split, leaving MoistCloister in the south.

6VStOmS.png

Since you can't run while herding a hostage the cop freaks catch up with him.

fuoB4i3.png

Cool story bro - one briefcase wanker backed up by a fucking doom stack.

MoistCloister does the only sensible thing - and THROWS A GRENADE!

SsnS0eB.png

Lands in the middle of them, but the delayed detonation bullshit means it won't go off just yet.

xJVZes8.png

Our bro fires his automatic rifle and takes out a sicko - but it's three on one. Catching a bullet or two MoistCloiser is neutralized.

EjZlt42.png

At least the grenade took out the injured cop - one devil down while our bro is simply jailed.

IdtU72W.png

And that's it - as I said, bullshit mission, but Dark Overlord is pleased.

Shame about MoistCloister, but I'm sure our lawyer will get him out soon enough.

Meanwhile, Kalarion, Cosby, Helly, normie, lightbane, Corvinus and Azira all improve their leet SKILLZ:

6GJ77Ga.png

Oh yeah, and junior?

55XnyER.png

Still a gimp! Turns out MAIMED status is permanent - crippled for life he's useless to us now.

Said he wants back in, just reroll me brah, thing is he's been real flaky lately, I just don't know...

Last edited:
Glory to Ukraine
WTF, I just realised that both SWAT and terrorist campaigns actually use the same maps - the mansion map from the previous mission seemed familiar (I think this is where the first SWAT mission takes place, som crazy dude is holding up his family in there or something), but this surface mine map is definitelly in there, you are supposed to prevent a bombing attack in that mission.

Anyway, mission went pretty well all things considered pitty the suit guy escaped, but that is not such a big deal.

Joggerino

Arcane
Patron
Vatnik

Its been ages since I played, but I am pretty sure that your SWAT officers/terrorists actually dont do anything on their own (the only exception being SWAT snipers, who will fire automatically when given "green light" order), they only report certain things (such as seeing an enemy or being shot at). This drags the whole game down a lot, since on the one hand the game obviously encourages doing coordinatem tacticool shit like breaches from multiple directions, but in reality the way to go about things is usually just to select a single dude and solo as much as possible. This is especially jarring since the game came out in 1998, which is the same year when the first Rainbow Six game came out, with its detailed planning phase and fairly complex AI for your team members.

I distinctly remember a mission from the SWAT campaign which takes place in some kind of a law firm (the firm is being held up by several gunmen that hide in offices, of which there is quite a few, so you have to check them one by one). I stacked my element in the hallway in front of one of the offices, used crowbar to open the door and selected a dude with flashbang to prepare for entry. Sudenly the door opened and a suspect ran out. As I fumbled with controls (deselect flashbang, select MP5, select order to surrender) the guy just ran past all five of my guys and got into an elevator. I had to chase him down outside, which was on the one hand hilarious, but on the other also kinda lame.
Yeah, I think you're right. What I actually did is position everyone in place, select their weapons and then you can fire with several people at once. Takes down the cops pretty quickly.

Corvinus

Arcane
Poor Junior. All he wanted was to secure a future for our children. Now he's like Lt. Dan.

Corvinus

Arcane

It can happen HERE, bros! So keep up the training and keep those trigger fingers itchy.

Unwanted

Kalin

Unwanted
Dumbfuck Zionist Agent
Mission #8 - TRUE NEWS

pVbjMkh.png

True to Basho - it's time to spread some real news for a change, Saint Proverbiaze the front page. Shillfags - your games are through!

Played this mission while drinking breakfast beers - couldn't squeeze in time in my super busy schedule to post it until now.

iglcNcR.png

Objectives are simple enough - storm the place, find the boss and make him play that VCR tape Storyfag made off with.

Let's get to it:

(these guys used to be called BEATNIGS, great band name, music not so much but this 1 track rocks)

GdUDYBx.png

Much as I enjoy joking around with junior he wanted back in and he's bro - I let him re-roll as Junior Jr.

Wait, wut- bitch don't worry about it, it's like when Mark's "brother" showed up in A Better Tomorrow 2.

(He will probably get crippled as well though)

Also I played before boot signed up, will get to it in turn.

JXaYypQ.png

And there's the crew! Full deployment, all in to win! Place has three access points: SW, SE, NE.

Don't want anyone slipping out so we storm all of them at once!

CSGVkdn.png

Which is easier said than done. Anyway, rolling out - none of the cars can be utilized so we gotta evacuate on foot.

On my first playthrough of this game snipers fucking headshotted four of my guys as they tried to exit to the west.

Based on this haxxy foreknowledge, the plan is to grab a bunch of hostages and escape to the north-east.

jeyUTas.png

Door kicked in - surprise asshole! First hostage taken, more will follow.

Token "Zanzoken" Sleepy Bill Crosby III rigs the door with a grenade.

Remember - only SWAT will trigger traps, terroris can pass them no problem.

P2ABa01.png

Around the same time, lightbane rigs the front door with explosives. There's a guard up there in the lobby, he got away.

HOW!? I don't know how, I wasn't looking because even at speed 1 it's a pain to do all the real time orders. Whatever.

BTW guards in this games are pussies, never shoot at you, but if you take them captive you can liberate their equipment.

d9dnFBc.png

Well shit happens, Helly pulls a Robert on a guy at the urinals. Kiki time bro! No homo yo. :lol:

(yeah sure)

NlwKUwo.png

Up north Azira attempts to slav squat while waiting for targets.

That's his only job, to sit on his lazy ass, push a button when enemies appear, then run like hell.

I think it suits his personality perfectly. :lol:

v69irxL.png

In a mirror move (sort of) lightbane squats like a cool kid as well.

Token also doubles down on the front door enriching it with a booby trap grenade.

Fuckers probably won't get in anytime soon (and if they do, they'll get a one-way ticket to hell).

ESKIzmz.png

As we got most of the staff rounded up the friendly SWAT negotiator Sergeant Alvarez gives us a call.

Not sure if I showed you guys this before, but it gives a set of nice options:

n04jvWK.png

I demanded MONEY just in case they'd actually deliver some (not likely).

bBxL9Zd.png

Yeah Alvarez, sure thing. After shouting at the hostages for a while we find out who's the big boss.

He can broadcast the tape himself so other hostages are evacuated to the NE. However...

phGkHUU.png

...he stubbornly refuses to cooperate! Tough guy huh.

eTILC9V.png

Can't have that - baud guns down a hostage to show him we mean business!

0iUvkux.png

Heheh, did the trick! :lol:

1NGQndr.png

Bad news is the cops end negotiations if you kill captives. No big deal, doubt they would've given us cash anyway.

Zkbop3I.png

Das RITE! Broadcast goes out, sicko confesses all his crimes on the prime time. time to split.

HttdJMR.png

And not a moment to soon - Corvinus sees a bunch of sickos moving in.

qSLQRMM.png

Clicking like crazy!

ZCYkj5n.png

Got him! Seconds later I use Junior Jr. to take out the cop in the northwest (couldn't be bothered to change his small portraits).

861UrLz.png

Corvinus blows up the cop corpse with a grenade for good measure (don't ask)

HVwdVhb.png

...and Junior Jr. shoots a bitch cop! Two kills, and here I thought he'd die.

Everyone gets out except for Azira and lightbane. SWAT advances in tactical formation...

GU8lhA3.png

Heheheh-

4kxKmMN.png

BOOM! Never gets old! :lol:

ZZtwQ1u.png

And with his job done, Azira gets out as well.

ggTvpAE.png

Which only leaves lightbane, whom I sort of left there because he got uppity before. Thing is he refuses to die.

Couldn't get a clear line of sight so I gambled and blew up the TNT. Don't think it killed anyone. Anyway, high time to leave!

mQVhNaK.png

Made a run for the NE exit but the cops had it locked down.

Sheeeeit! - did a 180.

1bsMu74.png

Going for the SE exit instead.

Go go go!

zMT2jz6.png

Dumbass A.I. is easily out-maneuvered. +M

7WKJ0Jy.png

Cracka fools ain't even got da parking lot covered. Well actually they sort of did - while rushing forth I heard a couple of SNIPER SHOTS!

0woDFGQ.png

...which missed! This lucky Allahu Akbar patriot doged SWAT sniper team and made it out in one piece. Respect!

PJyXm59.png

To add insult to casualties, a dumbass cop triggered the booby trap while breaching the front door. Not a kill but an injury.

tYOFccF.png

So what's the tally? ELECTRIFYING that's what - probably the best played mission to date.

Maybe I lucked out, the cops were so dumb this mission.

jM4UJnJ.png

Dark Overlord Basho is a bit displeased that we shot the hostage but overall it's no big deal.

In retrospect, you can probably win over the station manager by using cults tracts on him and give him FOOD provided by SWAT.

68835CT.png

Funny thing is, we won him over anyway - old guy joined the Order after some intense "persuasion" sessions. Based stats tbh.

Ne4AMUz.png

Junior Senior is gimped as always. Well, waddya gon do. Kinda wish we didn't have to pay him those $50 bucks a week though.

3Mca1Qq.png

As for our bro MoistCloister, he's still locked up on bullshit charges. Wtf is our lawyer doing? Pull that thumb out.

TO BE CONTINUED

Last edited:

lightbane

Arcane
Played this mission while drinking breakfast beers -
You sure drink a lot. Weren't you Turkish?

BTW guards in this games are pussies, never shoot at you, but if you take them captive you can liberate their equipment.

Realistic. Mail cops won't hit those that can fight back.

Can't have that - baud guns down a hostage to show him we mean business!

The classic EVIL! tactic.

Bad news is the cops end negotiations if you kill captives. No big deal, doubt they would've given us cash anyway.

Well, that was to be expected. Good thing that they're not Russian policemen.

Which only leaves lightbane, whom I sort of left there because he got uppity before. Thing is he refuses to die.

Hey, stop that! I provide free commentary each update! What else you want?

...which missed! This lucky Allahu Akbar patriot doged SWAT sniper team and made it out in one piece. Respect!

Alah protected my avatar so that the enrichment of culture continues, until all of Earth is muslim!
And then everyone bombs themselves to oblivion, as sandniggers do...

In retrospect, you can probably win over the station manager by using cults tracts on him and give him FOOD provided by SWAT.

Lol, is the food that bad?

Funny thing is, we won him over anyway - old guy joined the Order after some intense "persuasion" sessions. Based stats tbh.
Double lol, somehow he joined, and he has good combat stats despite his age.

Corvinus

Arcane
No more pozkits for Mr. Topham!

He must be a korea war veteran or something along those lines with those skills. Not many former pozkit peddlers know their way around plastique. I'm sure we'll put him to good use.

Glory to Ukraine
I guess the TV manager dude has glasses so thick they basically act as sniper scopes - hence his extremely high sniper skills!

Anyway, nice job as usual. I guess that the manager would be persuaded merely by incapacitating a hostage (I think that a single shot from a pistol would not kill even a civilian outright) but w/e. Nice to see that Basho doesn’t condone violence against hostages though – this is ain´t no ISIS.

You sure drink a lot. Weren't you Turkish?

Well, that was to be expected. Good thing that they're not Russian policemen.

Fuck, if this was in Russia I guess they would just bring in a couple of T-72s and start firing HEF rounds through every window before pumping the whole building full of nerve gas. Of course each body found inside with a head still attached once the spetznaz would finally go in would receive at least one headshot just to be sure.

Unwanted

Kalin

Unwanted
Dumbfuck Zionist Agent
ckHRcpV.png

As it TURNS out, the single best guy in Sniper/Hand-to-Hand is in fact Vietnam vet TV manager dude.

Congratulations Nathan "boot" Topham - you're officially part of the team!

Unwanted

Kalin

Unwanted
Dumbfuck Zionist Agent
Mission #9 - Skankhunt

pVbjMkh.png

Man, Maxie Basho really hates drugs. White Supremacist Drug Running Gang da SKANKZ sentenced to extermination. :lol:

Very 90s gotta say - well orders are orders, time to take out the trash.

Also, yeah, these are the same guys we stole liberated those weapons from before.

XcbOTEA.png

Simple as it gets - in and out baby.

Zanzoken's theme song. :M

Track is from an actual LP/tape this legend recorded in the early 1970s - real educational stuff.

All you kids should listen to it along with your parents. :lol:

VBGnY8p.png

Picked nine guys for this mission, that's all our guys except Azira and lightbane who get to train grenade skill (no real use for explosives here).

Oh yeah, and Junior Senior who's a gimp and MoistCloister who got busted by the cops. Video game lawyer's working on that.

QO9fmp2.png

And we're in! Top right-side deployment. The SKANKZ operate across the street in those lovely boarded up buildings.

SWAT won't show up until there's violence, when they do they arrive down in the south.

6PvTX0o.png

Here's the thing though, being white and polite the Skankz won't actually shoot at you unless you start shit with them...

mtHy4tB.png

...so instead of firing at them or triggering a shootout by getting too close we simply keep our distance.

At the same time, Helly, boot and baud pull off a clever super-secret tacticool insertion.

DOE29ow.png

lol at that cracka holding his gun sideways. He's not even shooting at us, that's just how gangsters flex. :lol:

Stylin' in da hood idle animation and all that. Anyway, that garage/storage unit whatever? The roof is a viable sniper spot!

Vietnam war veteran TV station dude boot starts looking around for a way to climb up there.

PFJyNny.png

Meanwhile, Helly has already scaled the house across the street. With two snipers this mission gets significantly easier.

When you fight gangsters and SWAT you normally need to score multiple hits to kill them rite - well not so with snipers.

High-powered snipah rounds insta-kill any motherfucker (as Parsimonious cook found out the hard way). Time for payback!

Oz9fLcM.png

With all the bros in position Kalarion opens fire on the first sicko in range. Goodbye Dope Pusher!

7Qg7RDe.png

Skankhunt is on!

v7Kb9EP.png

Helly blows the brains out of the stylin' flexer before baud even got a chance. :lol:

zafdaWu.png

Bros advance! Good going so far - gangsters tend to flee while under heavy fire which helps a lot.

Y3NUpQq.png

Boot is up on the roof now and takes out a Skank behind the top-left building!

4SN4iuC.png

...at the same time, the guys on foot soldier duty shoot the bitch up north and storm the first building!

b2cgtqj.png

Normie guns down yet another-

uxd2xnh.png

But he catches a couple of bullets from the chick squatting in the corner!

First bro down - not dead yet though. House fights are brutal.

HWhzLyI.png

Junior Jr. avenges our bro!

cf3kZXW.png

Moving to the next room reveals more sickos and a anutha gunfight-

avIzZMx.png

Kalarion kills one but goes down as well, Corvinus also takes a hit but remains standing-

oaQxjUb.png

:imperialscum:

vj3d6w5.png

ALRIGHT! The downed guys are ordered to drop their guns so injured but still standing guys can evacuate with them.

Plan is to get the hurt bros out before they bleed out, because if they drop below 50-60ish health they crash and can't get up.

Oh right - also looted the hardware the Skankz had laying around, sniper and assault rifles IIRC.

sD2MKuH.png

Junior Jr. avenges his kin by bursting the last standing Skank - right on time as the cops arrive down south.

Also not pictured, baud looted the gang leader's home and liberated $5000 in cash!

tms8Lxd.png

First bunch of SWAT inbound. Helly takes aim, furious clicking ensues -

:shitposting:

qFv0oLq.png

....aaand they're all dead. :lol::salute:

e9FG2lc.png

Following that multi-kill most SWAT just hung around down south doing nothing. A.I. meltdown probably.

UoUIV13.png

While boot and baud make a run for it, Junior Jr. gets to execute injured Skankz point-blank.

DtvRh0S.png

Alright, that should do the trick. Time to split!

6ck3JuX.png

Before leaving Helly idles around in order to take out a second batch for good measure.

1U4nRLo.png

After killing ten SWAT and a Skank he escapes on foot - and that's that. :lol:

Sniper rifles are so damn OP! When applicable, that is.

tgWV6aP.png

Almost a flawless victory - think this is the best score yet.

Pretty lucky too, I was concerned Kalarion and Normie would bleed out to the point of being maimed.

Looks like they got patched up right and good though and are back in lockup. Until our lawyer gets them out again. :lol:

LuEZKjC.png

Final tally: twenty-two kills including the Skankz leader. Four sickos still survived with injuries.

Very nice bonus this time around, not sure what to spend it on though.

5ocbpe0.png

Finally, MoistCloister is back on the streets and ready for action!

tezJZwn.png

And with that, we've plowed through 9 out of 15 missions. Good going so far.

TO BE CONTINUED

Last edited:
Glory to Ukraine
Haha, I am avenged! 10:1 sniper kills ratio, who´s laughing now cops? Me, that´s who. Pretty good shit.

Funny who the gang calls itself Skankz, but it seems there were only like two actuall girls there - guess they were early adopters of feminist whitewashing lol.

Corvinus

Arcane
Indeed, what an awesome run. Those snipers are worth their weight in gold.

Maxie said:
Public sympathy is high, with many civic leaders praising our actions.

They must believe that it was the gang members who just trepanned an entire squad of globohomo enforcers. Speaking of which, does white supremacist drug pushing ghetto gangs even exist in the real world? Aside from bikers and so on. I thought that this particular kind of low-life behaviour was more spic or nigger territory.

normie

️‍
Patron
Zionist Agent
Insert Title Here
Indeed, what an awesome run. Those snipers are worth their weight in gold.

Maxie said:
Public sympathy is high, with many civic leaders praising our actions.

They must believe that it was the gang members who just trepanned an entire squad of globohomo enforcers. Speaking of which, does white supremacist drug pushing ghetto gangs even exist in the real world? Aside from bikers and so on. I thought that this particular kind of low-life behaviour was more spic or nigger territory.
it's a pop culture parody huwhite lowlives leaned into - monkey do what monkey see on the screen - and natural fit from then in circumstances where your skin is your uniform - it was much more relevant back in the day when jewish horror stories about the period were still in the process of being concocted, the height of TV power when such images were extremely vivid, before the internet, but it's goofy now that TV isn't god

it's prison bonds extending to life out of prison

so yes, huwhite drug gangs exist, and while dressed in "huwhite supreemist" trappings to mark themselves as not a mark, they do not engage in racisms or supremacisms - they sell drugs, smuggle them to boys back in the prisons to be sold and traded, and slum it with racial others who are in the biz

poor people don't have the luxury of escaping the nigger menace, they make do

Last edited:

baud

Arcane
Patron
RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
Weird how anti-drug Basho is. I mean usually hippie/eco-friendly touchie-feely types don't have any issue with drugs or at least weed

normie

️‍
Patron
Zionist Agent
Insert Title Here
ps the meat of all ADL white hate crime stats is made up out of huwhite drug gangs beefing with other drug gangs over turf or prison disputes

and yes, it only goes one way

Zanzoken

Arcane

Zanzoken's theme song. :M

Track is from an actual LP/tape this legend recorded in the early 1970s - real educational stuff.

All you kids should listen to it along with your parents. :lol:

Why buy "bad drugs" from the nigger on the corner when you can get all the good drugs you want from a fancy doctor?

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom