Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Lies of P - a Pinocchio-Inspired Souls-Like Game

normie

️‍
Patron
Zionist Agent
Insert Title Here
On the Js and Their Lies
a soulslike based on a fictionalised take on Martin Luther, with dodgerolling

cyborgboy95

News Cyborg
Venigni, the king of Krat's high society will play an important role in Lies of P. He fashions himself with old-fashioned clothing. #LiesofP #artwork

FlrPWY3acAA2bOL

Bloodeyes

Arcane
So nobody's going to mention the elephant in the room then? Fine I'll do it. Pinocchio has been gender swapped. Looks like a cool game but that's not a male character.

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
It also doesn't look like a doll either. I don't think your main toon is Pinocchio. Judging by those videos my assumption is that Pinocchio is the main villian (even so, what kind of Souls-like game is this where you cannot customize your character?). Unless the main boss is Gepetto? God i feel so fucking retarded for even writing this shit lmao how about making a Red Riding Hood Souls-like where you fight the Three Little Piggies at the end next? Fuck's sake.

I'm still convinced the devs came up with this setting as a joke to troll their producers but the latter actually thought they was being serious and now they are stuck with this shit lmao.

Last edited:

cruel

Cipher
So, both this and Wo Long will be available on Game Pass on day 1. For the first time it's actually worth it it seems, cost of subscription for few months is lower than buying both games.

BLOBERT

FUCKING SLAYINGN IT BROS
Patron
Codex 2012
So, both this and Wo Long will be available on Game Pass on day 1. For the first time it's actually worth it it seems, cost of subscription for few months is lower than buying both games.
BRO FUCK YEAH FINALLY GAMES I REALLY WANT TO PLAY BEING ON FAGPASS

jimster

Educated
So nobody's going to mention the elephant in the room then? Fine I'll do it. Pinocchio has been gender swapped. Looks like a cool game but that's not a male character.
He's supposed to be young I imagine, like Pinocchio... Not going to be some buff dude. I don't care about this game anyway.

Rincewind

Magister
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
Ok... So seems like the recipe is this:
  • Take a classic children's tale
  • Make a derivative grimdark murder simulator out of it that has zero connection to the original story, apart from the names of the characters and some other superficial detail
  • Profit (or so they hope)
I'm officially disgusted.

What's next? A Gulliver's Travels FPS?

mediocrepoet

Philosoraptor in Residence
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex+ Now Streaming! MCA Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
Ok... So seems like the recipe is this:
  • Take a classic children's tale
  • Make a derivative grimdark murder simulator out of it that has zero connection to the original story, apart from the names of the characters and some other superficial detail
  • Profit (or so they hope)
I'm officially disgusted.

What's next? A Gulliver's Travels FPS?

Raggedy Ann and Andy are back for blood!

What's the first game that did this sort of thing? Any idea? There were those American McGee Alice in Wonderland shooters...

LarryTyphoid

Scholar
One thing to consider is that this game is clearly foreign, oriental of some sort. I would assume Japanese but the Steam page says they're Korean. Regardless, those people might not be as familiar with Pinocchio as the English speaking world, so maybe the concept is "cooler" over there. Asian games often have really weird, non-sequitur references to western literature and culture, and in this case they just made the whole game one of those. For the same reason, "Lies of P" isn't as stupid a title to them as it is to us. The Japanese once made a game called "D", after all.

D-The-Game-Download.jpg

And then the terrifying villain of their dark and grim horror game was fucking Dracula. That's just how it is with the orientals. The devs being Korean also explains the protagonist's peculiar appearance.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom