Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Lilura's Blog: An Ongoing Codexian Obsession

How do you rate lilura1.blogspot.com's commentary?

• Total voters

Funposter

Arcane
"console game" as a pejorative is largely meaningless.

Not in my era, and not in my genre. You come off as a console peasant the way you're harping on. Indeed, I'd go so far as to say that you're starting to sound like Fluent, Falksi and jRPGers.
Once again, you're unable to address any of the points raised.

Testownia

Fedora Master

Arcane
Patron
Edgy

Not in my era, and not in my genre. You come off as a console peasant the way you're harping on. Indeed, I'd go so far as to say that you're starting to sound like Fluent, Falksi and jRPGers.

I'd say calling someone out as a c*nsole gamer is pretty damning and requires no further comment.

Testownia

That's because Lilura sucks.

Yes, Dramart you are correct. She sucks ass.

And yes, Lilura, you are also correct. You do indeed suck ass, a hairy one, with chunks still stuck inside.

Apostle Hand

Liturgist
Batshit Crazy
lilura just pumps out one after other blog post about particular subject, like best weapons, armor, etc. that's blog post spamming with little if at all quality

Darth Canoli

Arcane
are you guys just going to skip over diablo being on the ps1?
Diablo was always a console game release on the wrong platform.
It's even less complex than zelda...
This basically ignores everything about it's influences and development history, and......it's not supposed to be complex.

How could one ignore its toxic influence?
That's when games with complex and meaningful mechanisms started to become niche games.

I remember the nineties, even action games were evolving, the bitmap brothers, for example, developing an improved AI for a sidescroller/action/platformer where the monsters could adapt their tactics.

After diablo, monocled computer games became rarer and rarer and instead of getting a a lot of great games benefiting of the improving UIs we got a billion of clones dumbing down every mechanisms further and further but always improving on their 3D graphics, something even the console games didn't prioritized back then.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
lilura just pumps out one after other blog post about particular subject, like best weapons, armor, etc. that's blog post spamming with little if at all quality
Lilura handles Search Engine Optimization the same way she does powergaming in RPGs. Powerblogging.

ScrotumBroth

Arcane
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In
My first RPG was Mass Effect 2.
michael-scott-laughter.gif

Self-Ejected

Lilura

RPG Codex Dragon Lady
Diablo proved the viability of incremental clicker games.

Diablo and Diablo 2 are masterpieces. I've been playing them more and more as the years go by, and as my palate becomes more refined to the point of aristocratic cultivation, which proves it.

Diablo proved the viability of RPGs in general. It showed that they can play well and look and sound great.

Before Diablo, there was shit.

Diablo also exhibits a coding wizardry that goes well beyond most RPGs that came out afterwards. It is a work of genius.

Indeed, I'd go so far as to say that Diablo approaches the quality of a well-coded SHMUP. And if Diablo's bullet-hell didn't remind you of SHMUPs, then you're a peasant of gaming.

Generic-Giant-Spider

Niggaz dislike Diablo because the combat is in real time and they can't sit there to slowly sip on their old man lemonade and mull over every possible decision other than "swing the fucking sword, asshole."

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Indeed, I'd go so far as to say that Diablo approaches the quality of a well-coded SHMUP. And if Diablo's bullet-hell didn't remind you of SHMUPs, then you're a peasant of gaming.

Have you played Nier Automata? It's a Japanese action RPG with quite a number of shmup parts. :M

Darth Canoli

Arcane
Niggaz dislike Diablo because the combat is in real time and they can't sit there to slowly sip on their old man lemonade and mull over every possible decision other than "swing the fucking sword, asshole."

You got the right approach but backwards.
It must be it, Lilura love for Diablo and Boulghour's Gate comes from her hatred for lemonade...

But lemonade is good, you should try it yourself, it'd change from your ordinary fly with a drinking straw.

Self-Ejected

Lilura

RPG Codex Dragon Lady

I don't know anyone who doesn't like Diablo.

But I'd like to add:

Preferring to play Diablo with the non-canon Hellfire expansion installed, or ANY mod WHATSOEVER, is high treason punishable by beheading. There are some disgusting, casualizing mods that have gained unmerited praise and alarming traction in the community, which allow newbies, mainstream YouTubers, and other contemptible cattle, to derp around and still beat Diablo easily. These mods were developed by nasty groups of people seeking recognition at the expense of Diablo's genuine legacy. They are the scum of the earth.

Have you played Nier Automata? It's a Japanese action RPG with quite a number of shmup parts. :M

God, no.

Last edited:

d1r

Busin 0 Wizardry Alternative Neo fanatic
Patron

I don't know anyone who doesn't like Diablo.

But I'd like to add:

Preferring to play Diablo with the non-canon Hellfire expansion installed, or ANY mod WHATSOEVER, is high treason punishable by beheading. There are some disgusting, casualizing mods that have gained unmerited praise and alarming traction in the community, which allow newbies, mainstream YouTubers, and other contemptible cattle, to derp around and still beat Diablo easily. These mods were developed by nasty groups of people seeking recognition at the expense of Diablo's genuine legacy. They are the scum of the earth.

God, no.

Absolute shit comment. The Hell mod for Diablo 1 is the best thing that could have happened to the game.

Self-Ejected

Lilura

RPG Codex Dragon Lady
Absolute shit comment. The Hell mod for Diablo 1 is the best thing that could have happened to the game.

Wrong. The Hell mod is for non-canon Hellfire, which is decline from the outset. But then they casualized it further by adding unlimited storage and confetti loot.

Fedora Master

Arcane
Patron
Edgy
I'm sorry but Diablo is not an RPG. D1 is quite literally an experiment in what happens when you run a dungeon crawler in real time. Items and stats alone don't make a role-playing game.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom