Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Lilura's Blog: An Ongoing Codexian Obsession

How do you rate lilura1.blogspot.com's commentary?

• Total voters

Beans00

Augur
I ALMOST pulled the self-exile trigger myself, but let's face a few facts here. Very few people on the Dex know the far older history of games like I do. I come from the era where you HAD to program well if your product was going to fit on the very limited space of the 8 bit era. There was one mega epic six disk game called Fantasyland 2041 that my brother recently played. As far as I know this was the only game with that many disks. The 8 bit era laid the foundation for the early IBM era in the late 80s. And then when video acceleration became a de-facto standard everyone wanted to get in on that 3D action.

Thanks for sticking around on these forums then.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Lilura's changed her blog again; now it looks like something straight out of the 90s and I have no idea how one is supposed to properly navigate it unless you're searching for a specific topic or clicking on labels and scrolling endlessly. :M

samuraigaiden

Arcane
RPG Wokedex
One thing I admire about Lilura is she really is just making guides for 20 year old games. And I like the normal ass blogspot layout she has now. Way better than before.

Alpan

Arcane
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Pathfinder: Wrath
Lilura's changed her blog again; now it looks like something straight out of the 90s and I have no idea how one is supposed to properly navigate it unless you're searching for a specific topic or clicking on labels and scrolling endlessly. :M

It's a reskin of the initial design, which could be read as an implicit admission that her fixation on the animated, magazine style look of the first redesign was, to nobody's surprise, retarded. This is eminently readable.

Sykar

Arcane
I fantasize about Lilura all the time.
6f98c42f08f605b2fc902f47a1b68839.jpg

Zed Duke of Banville

Dungeon Master
Patron
Come back lilura!
The closest equivalent to Lilura we can obtain at present is the Priestess optional PC in Dungeon of Naheulbeuk:

Naheulbeuk-Priestess2.jpg

The peasant you quoted plays current gen TB games, such as the ones Larian makes.

There is a yawning gulf between current gen TB accessibility and the accessibility of Jagged Alliance 2, Silent Storm and ToEE, which would break the peasant's brain.
Not in my era, and not in my genre. You come off as a console peasant the way you're harping on. Indeed, I'd go so far as to say that you're starting to sound like Fluent, Falksi and jRPGers.
Indeed, I'd go so far as to say that Diablo approaches the quality of a well-coded SHMUP. And if Diablo's bullet-hell didn't remind you of SHMUPs, then you're a peasant of gaming.

Ontopoly

Disco Hitler
Hates JRPGs. Hates larian. What more can you ask for?

Being a decent human being would be a start instead of being an arrogant stuck up pseudo-intellectual narcissistic dumbfuck.
Please provide an example of her:
  1. Not being a decent human being
  2. being arrogant
  3. being stuck up
  4. exhibiting signs of pseudo-intellectualism
  5. being narcissistic
  6. being a dumbfuck
Bet you can't

Falksi

Arcane

Being a decent human being would be a start instead of being an arrogant stuck up pseudo-intellectual narcissistic dumbfuck.
  2. being arrogant
  3. being stuck up
  5. being narcissistic
  6. being a dumbfuck
Bet you can't

Try reading this thread.....

Lilura's Blog: An Ongoing Codexian Obsession | rpgcodex > thanks to those who supported our Monomyth fundraiser. The rest of you suck and can go to hell.

Ontopoly

Disco Hitler

2. being arrogant
  3. being stuck up
  5. being narcissistic
  6. being a dumbfuck
Bet you can't

Try reading this thread.....

Lilura's Blog: An Ongoing Codexian Obsession | rpgcodex > thanks to those who supported our Monomyth fundraiser. The rest of you suck and can go to hell.
My Point proven. You can't show any specific examples and have to resort to cheap jokes

jackofshadows

Magister

Arrogance/narcissism was amusing. And she/it/whatever isn't actually dumb. Utter and extreme conservatism when it comes to games, on the other hand what was really annoying at times.

By the way, the new blog layout if laughable, serves its purpose. Fitting.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom