Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Lilura's Blog: An Ongoing Codexian Obsession

How do you rate lilura1.blogspot.com's commentary?

• Total voters

luj1

You're all shills
Vatnik
[QUOT[/QUOTE]
Case in point: instead of smashing some allegedly bad aspects of DE people yet again resort to RPG affiliation bullshit. Tiring.

Thought the bad aspects were obvious. Even RPG affiliation aside, the gameplay is lackluster. The world is small with barebone exploration and many choices are pointless and flavor-only, as they lead to the same thing.
The main gameplay in DE is reading, which isn't really gameplay. Take any adventure game like Kings Quest, Little Big Adventure or Heart of Darkness, it blows DE out of the water.
And what is the gameplay there?

Puzzles, platforming, etc.

Spike

Educated
??? Who cares what the genre is, what matters is...whatever DE is...is it good? I have not played it yet but am excited to at some point. This thread kinda became cringe decline, you have disgraced our Hong Kongese e-vixen.

EDIT: Come to think of it, she would probably love an autist festival about whether or not DE is an RPG and she would, of course, be firmly in the camp decrying that it is absolutely not an RPG. So maybe this excursion into mental illness actually honors her.

MerchantKing

Learned
??? Who cares what the genre is, what matters is...whatever DE is...is it good? I have not played it yet but am excited to at some point. This thread kinda became cringe decline, you have disgraced our Hong Kongese e-vixen.

EDIT: Come to think of it, she would probably love an autist festival about whether or not DE is an RPG and she would, of course, be firmly in the camp decrying that it is absolutely not an RPG. So maybe this excursion into mental illness actually honors her.
DE is trash. Avoid it at all costs.

Vic

Savant
Undisputed Queen of Faggotry Bethestard

let me guess there is some political statement made in DE that triggered you

the destroy the internet really hits hard for neets

MerchantKing

Learned

The lack of a character creator was the first offense. The second offense was the lack of combat. The third offense is when it was labeled as an rpg. The fourth offense is the gay modern writing.

Vic

Savant
Undisputed Queen of Faggotry Bethestard

The lack of a character creator was the first offense. The second offense was the lack of combat. The third offense is when it was labeled as an rpg. The fourth offense is the gay modern writing.
There is no reason to avoid it. It's a good whatever it is, experience, if you like this type of stuff. It's well written and the protagonists struggle with his problems unfold beatifully as you play the game. (I chose sober route, haven't seen addict side)

Lord_Potato

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Show us on a doll where Robert Kurvitz touched you
As though one would let a starved Latvithuanian anywhere near you.

MerchantKing

Learned
Who is that?

luj1

You're all shills
Vatnik
Rogueknight is an amazing writer and designer. Funnily enough, skillwise he shits on industry guys with 20 years of experience like Soyer who are worshipped by Roguey
I did not particularly care for the writing in Swordflight, particularly his pet character who kills you on accident.

Swordflight uses a sentence where Pillars would have a paragraph of text. Nuff said

Rogueknight shits on most industry writers

luj1

You're all shills
Vatnik
Who is that?

Had to google

kurvitz-mini.jpg

+1 literally who

Put it in black & white and it looks like a "stupid playthough" portrait from arcanum

MerchantKing

Learned
Who is that?

Had to google

kurvitz-mini.jpg

+1 literally who

Put it in black & white and it looks like a "stupid playthough" portrait from arcanum
He looks like a child molester. Now I see why Lord_Potato ask if I was molested by him. I'm probably older than him so child molestation is off the table for me. He should've taken better care of his teeth too.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom