Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Vapourware LOL ELECTRONIC ARTS: The EA Thread

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
what lawsuit?

Bluebottle

Erudite
Patron
Dead State Wasteland 2
Holy shit Rex is a goldmine of comedy greatness.

It's still kind of sad that since the site redesign his name has disappeared from the forums and his white knight career is now free of the stain of association. As such I propose renaming the site to Ian Miles Cheong's RPG Codex ~ Bastion of misogyny and antisemitism

Angthoron

Arcane
He'll just cite Sakharov as an example of "A pure mind creating a monstrous weapon of destruction" and claim that he has since reformed and is ready to accept the Nobel Peace Prize.

Rahdulan

Omnibus
Patron
So, why do morons in the gaming industry still genuinely support EA's efforts to reform?

Because they know they might be forced to suck on the swollen EA teat some day; there's little integrity in this industry, only whores.

Pretty much. Same reason why no one of note actually shit talks in the industry - they all know target of their tantrums could end up being their employer tomorrow with the job market being as, let's say fluid, as it is. Also, guzzling EA's sweet ad revenue for basically doing nothing but padding out review scores puts most reviewers in pro-EA camp or at least one of feigned neutrality.

Smejki

Larian Studios, ex-Warhorse
Developer
So, why do morons in the gaming industry still genuinely support EA's efforts to reform?
crash or reform are the only possibilities of evolution of EA. Both have pros and cons. Dead EA doesn't mean happy hippie world in any way. Reformed EA might (!) mean at least one more good company.

Luzur

Good Sir
crash or reform are the only possibilities of evolution of EA. Both have pros and cons. Dead EA doesn't mean happy hippie world in any way. Reformed EA might (!) mean at least one more good company.

EA must be killed, like you put down a rabid dog or a dangerous vampire.

Smejki

Larian Studios, ex-Warhorse
Developer

EA must be killed, like you put down a rabid dog or a dangerous vampire.
Other shits will remain, new shits wil emerge

Something tells me this should go in BTE, but this is just way too "EA" to go anywhere else.

http://steamcommunity.com/app/17450/discussions/0/810922863422127398/

DONT BUY THIS GAME!!!!!! without a notice EA adjusted the version of the game by downgrading it

Its funny how coorporations think they can just do what ever they wish in certain parts of the world. So I bought Dragon Age: Origins Ultimate Edition in Russia via Steam yesterday for $2.23 or so. At the time the copy clearly stated that its the Dragon Age: Origins Ultimate Edition, which was a great deal. Now, the next day I wake up and visit steam to activate one of them and what do I see? Dragon Age: Origins. EA decided to change the copy of the game behind my back without even first giving me an option for a refund. They didnt even ask me IF I WANTED THE STANDARD VERSION. I could only buy the Ultimate Edition at that time and thats what I wanted. Is this even legal, to change a product after it has been paid without even giving the buyer an option for refund? SOUNDS ILLEGAL IN EUROPE AT LEAST!!!!!!!

Damn its like buying a Mercedes for $50,000 and then waking up the next morning with a Ford in your front yard with the keys stock in the ignition and the Merceded gone.

:lol:

Judging from another thread, EA is selling the ultimate edition on Origin so they bullied Steam into not selling it as well, and Steam pussied out. The sales ad is still up, but clicking on it simply reloads the page unless you live in the USA (and even then, only in some areas as some americans can't buy it either) :lol:

Corporate shenanigans aside,

Gurkog

Erudite
Project: Eternity
It was cheap enough yesterday that I bought the ultimate edition on steam. I burnt my original copy of the game because the 'free' dlc included was such a gigantic pain in the ass to get working and to keep it working. Having to log onto EA servers to use the 'free' DLC sucked ass too, because their servers are spotty.

EDIT: The STEAM version doesn't require me to access EA servers for anything. The only reason I got it.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom