Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Lonesome Road Trailer is out

Menckenstein

Lunacy of Caen: Todd Reaver
Vaarna_Aarne said:
I agree, moving between ruined skyscrapers leaning on each other high above the ground and seeing the dead old world from the windows while walking the dusty halls and corridors would be a fantastic dungeon that has been on my personal wish-list for Fallout series ever since the first one.

The end of Metro 2033 had something close to that, and it was great.

sea

inXile Entertainment
Developer
Steam games usually release around 1 PM EST in my experience (same time as the store pages update), so should be up shortly. If I'm lucky I'll get a review code soon, otherwise I"ll just buy it tonight/tomorrow.

Clockwork Knight said:
I hope they do what treyarch did and lie about lonesome road being the last dlc and make another one that extends the game. U hear that bethesda make another dlc and make it good!

TheGhost645 11 horas atrás
:thumbsup: Voted up.

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
sea said:
If I'm lucky I'll get a review code soon, otherwise I"ll just buy it tonight/tomorrow.
Are you reviewing games for a magazine or website? Which one?

Multi-headed Cow

Yeah, every piece of FNV DLC has been fucked up in my experience. It downloads super quick but it is LYING TO YOU. You have to tell Steam to verify the files, then it downloads the whole thing.

Zarniwoop

TESTOSTERONIC As Fuck™
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Downloading AWESUM Road as well. If it's half as good as Dead Money,

Hobo Elf said:

Although, do we really need another 5 levels? At 30-something you're pretty much already a god among men.

Hobo Elf

Arcane
Welp, I just finished it. Kind of boring to be honest. It wasn't an open area like Old World Blues. Reminiscent of console shooters. You run through a linear set path shooting everything that moves. The only skill checks I came across were ones where you open doors with science or lockpicking. I didn't really understand the point Ulysses was trying to make, but I did blaze through it quite fast without letting it soak in entirely.
Verdict: Lots of build up for a bullshit ending. Would not pay 10 euros for this again.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Hobo Elf said:
Welp, I just finished it. Kind of boring to be honest. It wasn't an open area like Old World Blues. Reminiscent of console shooters. You run through a linear set path shooting everything that moves. The only skill checks I came across were ones where you open doors with science or lockpicking. I didn't really understand the point Ulysses was trying to make, but I did blaze through it quite fast without letting it soak in entirely.
Verdict: Lots of build up for a bullshit ending. Would not pay 10 euros for this again.

What a shocker~

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Hobo Elf said:
I didn't really understand the point Ulysses was trying to make, but I did blaze through it quite fast without letting it soak in entirely..
Just running through the game in an RPG. Blasphemy! This is not CoD!

Surf Solar

cannot into womynz
Besides that, it was already mentionend before that this DLC is supposed to be linear.

One question to those who have played it - (if its spoiler burden, dont answer) - who are "The Father/The Kid"? Are they really so obvious "The Road" references?

Rabidredneck

Liturgist
I've been playing through this, and really been enjoying it. It feels so different from other DLC's. I took my time, paying attention to the dialogue, and for me there was a lot of foreboding. Something you did in the past pissed of Ulysses and now he's having you retrace your steps back to where this incident occurred.

Theres a lot of good loot to be had, including additional versions of the riot armor as seen on the game cover, a sleeping bag that lets you sleep anywhere you want (selected from inventory), and a few goodies for beating the DLC. New perks are included, such as stealth now ignoring having the pipboy light on, karma related perks depending on if your fully good or evil, and others.

You are given a companion for the DLC and I love how much personality they gave him. At one point I detonated a warhead to open a bridge and after the massive explosion he started
beeping and bobbing around
and was all "FUCK YEA!!"

Multi-headed Cow

Also a bit bummed out by it being linear. Area design also seems kinda familiar. The ruins feel very FNV/FO3 for the most part, even more than OWB.

Ulysses seems neat and I've enjoyed my dialog with him thus far but I'm worried I've missed some diaries even though I've been looking for them. Keeping in mind I don't think I'm very far in (Just got out of the tunnel) this might be my next to least favorite of the DLC, only ahead of Honest Hearts. Still having fun though.

Multi-headed Cow

Welp, just finished it. Kind of boring to be honest. It wasn't an open area like Old World Blues. Ulysses was pretty neat and is insane as holy fuck (Him not making sense makes more sense once you realize he's snapped) and a few of the areas were impressive. Could have used a LOT more crawling around on crumbled skyscrapers, that was cool. Hope someone makes a nice adventure of that.

Ending (Depending on what you do) really seems like it should have an impact on the battle for Hoover Dam and the NCR and/or Legion, but really doesn't. Has a dramatic impact outside of the FNV conflict which is cool and all, but the ripples of that should show up in the base game more. I actually
talked Lanius into backing down during the Hoover Dam fight after playing Lonesome Road and taking the anti-Legion ending. The two of those don't seem like they should be compatible to me.

Overall had a good time, but eh. The story didn't seem as good as Dead Money (Possibly in large part to how goddamn obtuse Ulysses is) and the exploration didn't seem as good as Old World Blues.

PS: Died more than just about anything. Those deathclaws were bastards, one shotting my level 45-ish character. If/when I get my Legion character into Lonesome Road I dunno what I'll do.

Vaarna_Aarne

Notorious Internet Vandal
MCA Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
Guess I'll be bringing the Avenger along and popping their moles while RDX Implant is active...

Vaarna_Aarne

Ed123 said:
You might have trouble with ammo. There are limited 5mm rounds available IIRC.
I never leave Big MT without at least 1,200 5mm AP rounds... And I use them sparingly, namely for popping some Deathclaw moles. Otherwise I usually use either a Fist of some kind or the Ranger Sequoia/10mm SMG.

Vaarna_Aarne

I never use melee against Deathclaws, the first encounter I had with them in New Vegas was enough to convince me of that. The only way to even go toe-to-toe against them in melee with confidence is to have some serious Turbo to back you up.

abnaxus

Arcane
Patron
Don't deathclaw attacks ignore DT anyway?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom