Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Lords of the Fallen - action-RPG reboot from Hexworks

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
- ranged enemies galore (the game has probably more ranged enemies that all From games combined)

Correct me if i'm wrong, but seems like EVERY class has also ranged options, medieval grenades, crossbows, bows and you can engage with them easily.
- questionable balance (eg. Radiance seems to be OP compared to other options)

I intend to go for umbral but in a game where you fight creatures of darkness, makes sense that holy powers are very effective. In Ravenloft : Strahd possession, clerics and paladins are crazy OP and makes sense.

How is viable Umbral in this game? I want to make a Umbral mage. Like this guy

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
Nah, the damage types - physical, fire, radiance, umbral - are relatively balanced. And all work p. well against most enemies with a reasonably competent build, at least on NG and NG+.

Btw I find it funny one of the criticism of the Elden Ring DLC is there are a lot of enemies trying to ambush you, whack you, kick you down from a dark corner. Which is exactly what people were saying about LotF. Even though this has always be a staple of all Fromsoft games. And in LotF it isn't even that bad, save for the starting area.

I think with Shadow of the Erdtree having Mixed rating and so many people complaining about difficulty, it's p. clear the inane whining about the "enemy density" and difficulty of LotF was coming mostly from retarded newfag tourists that drifted into the genre on the massive wave of Elden Ring. I.e. the same people who're review bombing the ER DLC now.

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
People who cry about "enemy desnity" never try to simple use an weapon(or spell) that can hit multiple enemies at the same time. And cleaving multile enemies with a halberd is very satisfying.

Lyre Mors

Arcane
Umbral is very viable. It's a little rough going in the early stages, but really starts to come into its own a little before midgame, then gets wonderfully OP in late game. Had a blast with my umbral mage/short blade duel-wield character.

People who cried about enemy density and getting swarmed in this simply refused to adapt and use the many tools at their disposal. It really wasn't a big issue. Probably the same people who complained about how the level design was too labyrinthian and confusing.

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
People who cry about "enemy desnity" never try to simple use an weapon(or spell) that can hit multiple enemies at the same time.
I imagine the LotF devs must've been utterly perplexed by the whining about "enemy density". They thought they were making a hardcore game for a soulslike audience and suddenly they were being review bombed by an army of retarded newfags for things that have always been par for the course.

Too many enemies! They hit too hard! And they are ranged! And they ambush you! Unfair, artificial difficulty, bad design!1! Minus one out of ten!!1!

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
Umbral is very viable. It's a little rough going in the early stages, but really starts to come into its own a little before midgame, then gets wonderfully OP in late game. Had a blast with my umbral mage/short blade duel-wield character.
You aren't Jinn!

Btw how are you not Jinn anymore?

Btw umbral is probably the best school for NG+, coz you start getting the best stuff only in the late game.

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Was having really hard time trying to play this game. Had to use PROTON_LOG=1 %command% and search a lot till

VKD3D_SHADER_MODEL=6_6 %command%

fixed the game for me. Sure, in Debian 12. Not exactly the most modern gaming friendly distro. But I'm happy now. Another great soulslike with great magery. Takes much time till I can learn Umbral magic? Already defeated the first boss and died to the dragon.

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
Takes much time till I can learn Umbral magic?
Don't do umbral on NG, you'll piss against the wind, due to good umbral spells coming p. late into the game and the need to pump two different damage stats.

For NG I recommend radiance, you'll tear shit apart. And if you feel like another run, go pure umbral mage on NG+ and enjoy the strongest build in the game.

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
That's the spirit. Here's hoping half-way through you aren't gonna join the "bad design & artificial difficulty" school of thought.

Killed the third boss. And had a huge problem not due her high resistance towards Umbral damage but due the fact that I cant find a good melee weapon. So far Im liking the game.

I just want to get a cool Umbral weapon like Rosamund's Sword. Will take much time to get it? The pyric cultist staff is kinda trash.

Last edited:

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Played a bit more, still not a "umbral" melee weapon but freed the blacksmith, defeated a boss and got a amazing infernal axe. I know that this will be seem as "heresy" here but I am liking this game more than Elden Ring DLC(but less than Elden Ring base game). There is a way to infuse weapons in this game?

TheImplodingVoice

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
That's the spirit. Here's hoping half-way through you aren't gonna join the "bad design & artificial difficulty" school of thought.

Killed the third boss. And had a huge problem not due her high resistance towards Umbral damage but due the fact that I cant find a good melee weapon. So far Im liking the game.

I just want to get a cool Umbral weapon like Rosamund's Sword. Will take much time to get it? The pyric cultist staff is kinda trash.
If you want Rosamund's Sword then I can drop it for you

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Anyway, I'm walking here for HOURS, already defeated the boss. How I open this door?

And sorry for the very low graphics. Playing it in Debian 12 with a GTX 1050 ti

GBxT0rd.png

The boss, he was ultra resistant to whiter damage, but was vulnerable to poison.

SpoonFULL

Educated
Anyway, I'm walking here for HOURS, already defeated the boss. How I open this door?

GBxT0rd.png

The boss, he was ultra resistant to whiter damage, but was vulnerable to poison.
Follow the glowing veins and destroy the entity attached to their ends to open this gate.

TheImplodingVoice

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck

GBxT0rd.png

Follow the blue stuff and soulflay the dudes it's attached to.

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
After playing way more, including defeating the triple boss, I dont get people who said that Umbral is hard more. I mean, if the boss is resistant vs my umbral spells, I can use poison. In Dark Souls II, if you are a Pyromancer in Iron Keep or a Hexer against Elana, you will suffer a lot.

Anyway, is the Dark Crusader as OP as people say?

Spike

Educated

GBxT0rd.png

low graphics are based

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Other question, any weapon like Pieta's Sword doing pure elemental damage but doing infernal or wither?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom