Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Lords of the Fallen - action-RPG reboot from Hexworks

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
Other question, any weapon like Pieta's Sword doing pure elemental damage but doing infernal or wither?
Don't think so. If you wanna pure fire damage, learn some spells, they're awesome. In terms of spell power, variety and fun of use LotF really excels.

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
I wanted pure wither damage. I'm playing as an Umbral caster, not infernal. Anyway, not pure wither damage but seems like Elianne the Starved's Sword andTancred's Mancatcher deals holy + wither damage. But honestly I think that I will go for Melted Dark Crusader Sword.

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
There is any platform based boss in this game? Pls say no(and don't lie), so far 99% of my frustration in this game is with the platforming, the triple boss in mines for eg was no hard. I unironically died more trying to jump to reach him(5 times) than fighting him(2 times). Many times you start running with V, press F and nothing happens. Is very frustrating.

Last edited:

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
I screwed and progressed too far into the game and now realized that Winterberry is dead. Any way to get Barrage Root and Hysteria Pendant?? IS like +40% spellpower... Any item that I can use as substitution? Does the +wither damage items buff my spells?

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Other question. Got my weapon to +10 and ... Only 2 runes. How I unlock the third rune slot?

VUht6tX.png

Harthwain

Magister
Other question. Got my weapon to +10 and ... Only 2 runes. How I unlock the third rune slot?
You need to give a Tablet to the Blacksmith to unlock each Rune Slot. So for a total of 3 Rune Slots you need to find 3 Tablets.

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Thanks. Played as an non lifer in this weekend. One last question. I'm doing a vanilla radiant run. Already defeated the wayfearer which was only harder due the small arena, and camera, he was much harder than the lightreaper, but nothing that a bunch of Barrage of Echoes + a Armor that gives more resistance VS fire could't solve. What I need to do now?

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
What I need to do now?
Honestly you should just check wiki. If you're aiming for a specific ending there are so many different steps for some of them.

Especially the umbral ending with Elanna as the last boss is fucking annoying to nail, I couldn't do it in my three runs even with wiki lulz.

BLOBERT

FUCKING SLAYINGN IT BROS
Patron
Codex 2012
BROS HAVING FUN

GRATE EXPLORATION BUT COMBAT MECHANICS COLS BE BETTER

HUSHED SAINT PUSHED MY SHIT IN HARD LOLLLOLOL I SWITCHED TO MEGA AXE WITH STORMLUND BRO AND FINALLY GOT HIMS

Spike

Educated
BROS HAVING FUN

GRATE EXPLORATION BUT COMBAT MECHANICS COLS BE BETTER

HUSHED SAINT PUSHED MY SHIT IN HARD LOLLLOLOL I SWITCHED TO MEGA AXE WITH STORMLUND BRO AND FINALLY GOT HIMS
Good stuff bro, be joining you just after I push in last Elden Rang dlc bossu

Hell Swarm

Learned
I started this and I'm struggling to get into it. Maybe I'm missing something so maybe you guys can help. I'm using the flail class with the shield but the rally mechanic on blocking really grinds my gears. I understand why it's there but it bugs me.

I really like the alt world level designs and want to explore them but a grim reaper appears and fucks me up pretty hard. Having invincible enemies unless you jump into it is really annoying too. The health drain thing going on I don't quite understand either, is there a better way to understand it since the tutorial was a big vague or I may have been mentally burned out on an hour of tutorials at that point and it didn't stick.

I really want to like this game. I'm genuinely trying to get myself into it because the alt world design is basically Bloodborne done right and I want to see how far it's pushed but the mechanics are quite clunky. Did the original LOTF have the same creepy world stuff or is it just this one?

abija

Prophet
Reaper is time based, enemies spawn faster and faster and eventually you get the reaper. Idea would be that your incursions in the other world should be relatively short and should be planned based on the exits you find + the personal "bonefire".

For me, the strong points of the game were exploration and usage of "umbral world". They clearly tried to create a super interconected world similar to DS1.

I personally don't mind copy pasted enemies but I think they should have at least recolored them when the lvl difference was big. I thought the encounters were fine and I didn't think there were too many enemies even before nerfs.
Most of the issues (general clunkiness) are just lack of experience building a game like this, swap to shitty UE5 and not enough time spent polishing. When I played most bosses except first were absurdly easy but maybe they got fixed (the numbers were way off basically).

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
I'm using the flail class with the shield but the rally mechanic on blocking really grinds my gears. I understand why it's there but it bugs me.
Nothing to be done, disliking/liking elements of games is subjective. I thought it was p. good and enjoyed it quite a bit. Actually I thought it was the solution to shields and turtling that FS has been futilely looking for since DeS. (Btw it's also more complex than it seems at the start, maybe you'll change your view later if you last that long.)
is there a better way to understand it
P. much what abija said. You're jumping into the afterworld, you should hurry or else. Also the red reaper is far from invincible, mid-game through you'll be farming him.

CORRECTION: oh you don't mean the reaper. The "mimic" then? Again, what Cryo said, just press and hold the lantern at him.
Did the original LOTF have the same creepy world stuff or is it just this one?
Nope, it's this game's novel invention.

Btw it's a good sign you like the umbral world, the majority of people who quit the game did so because they couldn't stand it. (And also because the game was broken af at launch but that's no longer an issue.)

abija

Prophet
You need line of sight with it, hold siphon button, target it and then release. There's an indication when you target it properly iirc. Try in an area at the begining of the game til you get a handle of it.

BLOBERT

FUCKING SLAYINGN IT BROS
Patron
Codex 2012
BROS STILL PLAYING

EXPLORATION HAS IMPRESSED ME EVERYTHING ELSE IS OK AND GOOD ENOUGH

LIES OF P IS STILL MY TOP BAR FOR SOULS CLONES

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom