Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

[LP CYOA] 傳

GreyViper

Prophet
D- rest feel like sure way to die. As treave mentioned in the text, right now running is the smart thing to do and B feels like GAME OVER written all over it. A- a sword to throat?
The most logical solution I see is disarm him from swords, the more he has in him and near him the more power he has.
Or its the DEMON SWORD that is controlling the body/corpse as puppet. Meaning the target of exorcism would have to be THE SWORD.

Last edited:

Nevill

Arcane
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
I think the ship had sailed for that one on the previous update. The man has us in his sights and the girl as well.
Does not mean we can't escape.

Anyway, here are the quotes that may or may not hint at something:

Jian Yixiao begins humming an odd, joyful tune, his hands raised towards the moon.
You are not going to play around with this man – you realize just how dangerous he is.
“A surprising appearance!” he exclaims cheerfully, swinging away. “You may yet be a man after my own heart!

Defending against his expert slashes with equal precision, you turn his sword away and go on the attack. “If you will stand still for just a second, I’ll show you just how right you are,” you grin
Two more swords fly up into the air and at you. As you hurriedly bat them away with your blade, he catches them, whirling around in a flashing, deadly dervish. You attempt to go into the Taiji stance at the last second, but the unexpected strength and speed of his attack knocks your guard wide, leaving you open before the circle is drawn and you can muster up a counter.
He raises his arms upwards, his qi rushing forth. The Chixiao and Qixing Longyuan swords fly into his hands as every other sword in the courtyard begins vibrating, ringing in tune with one another.
Jian Yixiao’s fighting style has become even stranger – even as you try to corner him with your swift sword dance, he is able to put himself into positions where your attacks disarm him rather than cause any lethal hits.
At one time, you swear that he is juggling at least a dozen swords in the air, blocking and retaliating while humming his little tune. Even when you drop into the Taiji Sword stance, the constant rise and fall of the myriad swords is too much for you to track reliably at your level of understanding... your opponent is truly a master swordsman.
He coughs, red trickling out from under his mask. The grass is wet with his blood, mingling with that of his victims. He is no longer humming or laughing.
You watch, transfixed, as the swords appear to sink even deeper into his body, until even the hilts cannot be seen. “What a night… what a night it has been!” exclaims Jian Yixiao. His right arm blurs, the Chixiao Sword glowing blood-red as it moves at speeds almost too fast for you to follow.
But is that all you have? Surely there is more?” He begins walking towards you slowly, swords in hand. Zhang Minyue ducks behind you, her eyes wide with fear.
You don’t have a ready explanation for what you have just seen at the moment; it could be some form of esoteric technique, but it could also readily be a supernatural phenomenon, and you are not too well equipped to handle the latter.
“I am an impatient, impatient man at times,” he laughs in return, “and you are only saying that because you think you do not have the advantage at the moment.
“I-I should have stayed with Master Nie,” whimpers Zhang Minyue behind you.
Perhaps he is walking slowly not out of any sense of drama, but because he is too wounded to move his feet swiftly.

Perhaps you are wrong.

But if you are correct, you might still have a chance to turn this around.
Make of them anything you will, because I can't.

Last edited:

asxetos

Augur
Voting A, and not just for it's trolling aspect. It is actually the only way we know to get rid of a demon. I am pretty sure this guy is not human.

Akkudakku

Arbiter
Well the additional swords should be a no concern for now, the has all the +1 swords inside his body. Unles he can shoot them out (god please no).

Nevill

Arcane
It is actually the only way we know to get rid of a demon. I am pretty sure this guy is not human.
Why would a demon fancy himself the strongest swordsman, though? Don't they have their own thing to do instead of involving themselves with mortals?

He bleeds like a human, too. And there is no other supernatural phenomena going on to confirm that he isn't one.

The discussion about Yunzi being a ghost/demon/something when we found her in the mansion is still fresh in my mind. :)

Last edited:

Akkudakku

Arbiter
It is actually the only way we know to get rid of a demon. I am pretty sure this guy is not human.
Why would a demon fancy himself the strongest swordsman, though? Don't they have their own thing to do instead of involving themselves with mortals?

He bleeds like a human, too.

THe discussion about Yunzi being a ghost/demon/something when we found her in the mansion is still fresh in my mind. :)
What tech does he use then to survive the +infinity SWORDS? Or is it all smoke and mirrors?

Nevill

Arcane
What tech does he use then to survive the +infinity SWORDS? Or is it all smoke and mirrors?
Hell if I know. Jing does not know, either, that's how the thought of him being a demon was born in the first place. Everything else can be explained, this can't.

Does not mean that all you can't explain should be attributed to demons, though. He did not exhibit too much of an unusual behavior prior to this, in stark contrast to Lady Mi.

Does not mean what worked on one demon would work on another, either (though our qi seems to be antagonistic towards everything otherwordly we've encountered so far).

Last edited:

Jester

Arbiter
I'm afraid that the only correct answer here is to PRAY and hope Nu'wa still loves us:
Baltika9
Anabanana
Elfberserker
Smashing Axe
RealDDc
Kz3r0
Zero Credibility
Azira
Akkudakku
Tribute
Lambchop19
+
The Brazilian Slaughter
Kipeci
profreshinal
Tribute

15/20
I took the last one treave posted circa the rollback.
Did say pray some time ago. add me to tally.

tropic

Scholar
Ugh, he is singing too! This is too womanly! Why have we not yet ROARED in his face?

The tune is causing the swords to vibrate and that is how he is manipulating them?

Akkudakku

Arbiter
Ugh, he is singing too! This is too womanly! Why have we not yet ROARED in his face?

The tune is causing the swords to vibrate and that is how he is manipulating them?
Or is 'it' another woman? DUN DUN DUN!
:hmmm:

Nevill

Arcane
The problem I have with A is that is looks overly playful, as if we are treating this like a game. I am fairly certain that the man is not a straight up demon - he looks too grounded and real for that, even though he is insane by human standarts. Of course, I only have Lady Mi and her mansion for comparison purposes.

But I honestly don't know how you are supposed to kill him if what we did didn't stick. I am not counting on a victory here. The best I hope for is to make him flee.

Another thing I know is that if the thing he did was just an esoteric technique, we probably don't want to copy that one. Or anything similar to that. It has "don't try this at home" written all over it. And most of his moves so far were based on dual-wielding legendary swords and regular swords juggling, while we only have our Yuchang blade. I don't know how well WQS would fare in these circumstances.

Baltika9

Arcane
The problem I have with A is that is looks overly playful, as if we are treating this like a game.
It would have been, yeah, if Jing hadn't destroyed another demon before using the exact same method. The choice's text doesn't say a thing about us not taking this seriously:
A. You quickly devise a plan together with Zhang Minyue to catch the Sword Demon offguard. If he is truly a demon… well, you remember how you once dealt with one. You just need to get that mask off, do the deed, and you should be able to claim victory. Hopefully. Even if it doesn’t work, it should be surprising enough that you can make a comeback.
And that's not the only thing going for it either. It is surprising as hell too (unless he hugs us and kisses back, cue all females passing out from an overdose of sexy) and we know that our chaotic qi is very harmful to humans as well as demons.

Nevill

Arcane
Hey, I know we don't entertain the thought of kissing a random man just for shits and giggles.

It just that resorting to that tactics in a fight to the death with a superior opponent unnerves me by quite a bit. But this is an insane fight, so it might require insane measures.

ScubaV

Prophet
Well another thing to consider is that our unarmed and sword skills are only 8. Our hidden trolling skill has to be at least 9. It gives us a higher chance of success and maybe even a decent shot at +1 TROLLING!!!11!one!

Nevill

Arcane
Not to mention our (hidden) KISSING and (not so hidden) HOMO skills are at a godly 10/10 level. Odds should be as good as they get!

Baltika9

Arcane
Hey, I know we don't entertain the thought of kissing a random man just for shits and giggles.
...or do we?
It just that resorting to that tactics in a fight to the death with a superior opponent unnerves me by quite a bit. But this is an insane fight, so it might require insane measures.
Pretty much my reasoning. We did just impale the dude with a lot of swords, and he absorbed all of them/smoke and mirrored his way out. He is either a great illusionist or an actual, bona-fide demon in which case we either smooch him or PRAY to our heavenly patron for aid.

Akkudakku

Arbiter
Guys I think it might be ilusion actualy... first of all the moon phase is right for womanly tricksy qi now, next the sword radiates aura of dread, and getting impaled by houndreds of swords and shruging it off like nothing happened is fucking scary. What does the second sword that he wields do?

Also the theatrics could be thought as a illusionists distraction.

Nevill

Arcane
I am pretty sure the swords we impaled him on were not illusionary, seeing how we personally tied the silk threads to them.

It is not the fact that he 'absorbed' the swords that scares me. It is the fact that he is able to move after everything we did - and he still goes after us. That is not an illusion.

Akkudakku

Arbiter
I am pretty sure the swords we impaled him on were not illusionary, seeing how we personally tied the silk threads to them.

It is not the fact that he 'absorbed' the swords that scares me. It is the fact that he is able to move after everything we did - and he still goes after us. That is not an illusion.
But he appeared behind us on a different spot then where tje impaling happened, right? So what if that was a trick? That he didnt get impaled at all?

Dissregard Jing turned around in the update.

Last edited:

Baltika9

Arcane
Re-posting legendary manual techs to see if we can match something up to this guy:
So, a bit of information on the manuals. There has been misinformation circulating around the jianghu, and the Shaolin record appears to be the most comprehensive one thus far.

Xuanming Jiuyin Holy Art (玄冥九陰聖術, Profound Darkness Nine Yin Holy Art)

First appeared in the late Warring States period with only the first three steps of the art, and used by a master assassin. The rest were gradually developed later by its various practitioners throughout the ages.

1. Fuyinqi Skill (伏陰氣功, Hidden Yin Qi Skill)

The fundamental neigong of the Jiuyin Holy Art. Generates a strong yin presence and is required to understand the subsequent techniques to their highest level. Qi cultivated from this neigong is associated with cold, darkness and death.

2. Jiuming Step (九冥步, Nine Darkness Step)

The qinggong of the Jiuyin Holy Art, allowing the user to move as lightly and as unseen as a shadow.

3. Fuyin Huagu Claws (伏陰化骨爪, Hidden Yin Bone Melting Claws)

A claw technique that can melt through bone.

4. Xuantiedun (玄鐵盾, Profound Iron Shield)

A defensive technique that can conjure a qi barrier to stop even projectiles and weapons.

5. Santou Longshe Staff (三頭龍蛇棍, Three-Headed Dragon Snake Staff)

A staff technique that is slow and fast in equal measure, moving in erratic, snake-like ways to confuse the enemy.

6. Xiansha Finger (仙殺指, Immortal-Killing Finger)

A deadly, precise finger technique that is said to be able to manipulate any pressure point regardless of the opponent’s level.

7. Jiuying Zhiyu Sword (九影制獄劍, Nine Shadows Imprisonment Sword)

A shadowy sword technique that is imperceptible in its movements even as it restricts the enemy’s actions.

8. Xuanyin Shenlong Palm (玄陰聖龍掌, Profound Yin Holy Dragon Palm)

An extremely destructive palm technique that carries the element of softness.

9. Wuming Jiuyu Shenyin Art (無明九獄聖陰術, Lightless Nine Prisons Holy Yin Art)

The most powerful qi-based technique in the Jiuyin Holy Art that purportedly allows its wielder to massacre even the strongest armies with dark shadows.

Xiaoming Jiuyang Divine Skill (晓明九陽神功, Dawning Light Nine Yang Divine Skill)

First appeared during the fall of the Han dynasty, with only the first step to its name. Rumoured to have been the basis of power for many a renowned general in that era.

1. Taifeng Zhenyang Skill (太峰真陽功, Supreme Peak True Yang Skill)

The fundamental neigong of the Jiuyang Divine Skill. Generates a strong yang presence and is required to understand the subsequent techniques to their highest level. Qi cultivated from this neigong has the qualities of heat, light and life.

2. Jiuyang Fist (九陽拳, Nine Yang Fist)

A fast and hard set of fist movements designed to work best with theTaifeng Zhenyang Skill.

3. Menghu Charge (猛虎冲, Fierce Tiger Charge)

An aggressive qinggong that charges at the enemy.

4. Xiaoyan Saber (晓焰刀, Dawning Flame Saber)

A speedy, fiery saber style evoking the light of the dawning day.

5. Jiumingjia (九明甲, Nine Illuminations Armour)

A protective qi technique that is said to render the practitioner’s body practically impervious to injury.

6. Baolie Feihu Palm (爆裂飞虎, Explosive Flying Tiger Palm)

A palm technique with unparalleled explosive force, able to destroy its targets with ease.

7. Yixiao Spear (燡晓槍, Blazing Dawn Spear)

A powerful spear technique that condenses the practitioner’s life force for a double-edged attack.

8. Jiuyang Divine Finger (九陽神指, Nine Yang Divine Finger)

A finger technique utilizing the power of the Jiuyang Divine Skill’s neigong for destructive long range attacks.

9. Zhaoming Xuanyi Shenyang Skill (照玄燡神陽功, Illuminating Profound Radiance Divine Yang Skill)

The most powerful qi-based technique in the Jiuyang Divine Skill that is said to grant its practitioner the ability to scorch the land with boundless light.
It may have been the ultimate Yin technique, Shenyin Art, and him screwing with shadows.

Nevill

Arcane
Checked this already. Only his neigong resembles Fuyinqi Skill. The rest does not quite fit.

Akkudakku

Arbiter
It doesn't need to be anything from the legendary manuals. Might be techs based on them. But it's Yin qi with almost 100% probability.

GreyViper

Prophet
6. Xiansha Finger (仙殺指, Immortal-Killing Finger)

A deadly, precise finger technique that is said to be able to manipulate any pressure point regardless of the opponent’s level. Assuming he has it would be a reason why A would not work.

More over either someone has watched to much Sailor Moon or he gets some boost form moonlight. Hmm so fight in confined quarters might even the odds somewhat.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom