Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

[LP CYOA] 傳

Grimgravy

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire
Dont worry about the saint being poisoned. His demise would lead to interesting things.

Baltika9

Arcane
Inb4 Beggar Chief busts into the Conference, manxing style, and declares Emei a rebel sect for standing with Liuwu's rebels. At least we're not adding conspiracy with the Fire Cult to thei 'crimes'... yet.

Akkudakku

Arbiter
Inb4 Beggar Chief busts into the Conference, manxing style, and declares Emei a rebel sect for standing with Liuwu's rebels. At least we're not adding conspiracy with the Fire Cult to thei 'crimes'... yet.
:kfc:
Can't wait for the update.

Rex Feral

Prophet
We're voting to leave both Qilin and Cao'er behind to help beggars and the sword saint while opting to have Yifang and the Fire girls follow us to the ten sword confference. That's AABB.

So you should choose BBAA:troll:

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
The Ten Swords Conference

“Hurry, hurry,” urges the boatman. “Your group is the last to leave.”

The scholars of Taoying Island had arranged for boats to depart from Yangzhou harbour. Even amongst the myriad ships and lively bustle of the busy port, those boats stood out. Tall and black-sailed, you could have spotted them from a distance away. Of course, now there is only one left: the rest of the boats had already departed earlier in the day. Your group is travelling light – the baggage is stowed away quickly, and before long you are on your way. Shun, Xiahou Yu, Gao Ying and Xiaofang had left by separate means, not being actual invitees.

Lingshu appears to be rather excited about the trip, to the extent of singing out loud some weird song she coined up about meting out justice as a wandering exemplar of gallantry. Surprisingly, she has managed to drag Yunzi and Armaiti into singing along with her. If Yifang had come along, there was no doubt she would have been pushed into joining in too.

However, there are more important tasks for her to handle. Yifang had agreed readily enough to speak to the nuns again. They might not be allowed to help openly in the beggars’ internal strife, but if Qi Liuwu looked like he was in danger, they would at least act to save his life. Yifang herself would stay back and assist him in his efforts. You had also asked her to check in on Cao’er, to ensure that her sister was safe until you return. Perhaps this will be a good bonding opportunity.

Cao’er, on the other hand… well, she was obedient enough, but you get the feeling that you would pay for leaving her on the mainland when you return.

The boat shakes as it moves over a particularly rough patch of sea. You look over at Xuezi. Her doll-like face is at peace, her eyes closed. Xuezi has been meditating throughout the trip. According to her, Luoying Manor had existed even during her time. It is possible that if this place is a successor to Luoying Manor, its archives could hold the relevant fragments of the Jiuyin Manual that could unlock her power. To that end, she is prepared to take the risk of forcing open the seals temporarily if need be, to get what she wants. The meditation is a means of making that process go more smoothly. You do not disturb her.

Then, you turn to Qilin. She looks pensive, and you know what bothers her, after last night’s talk. Liao Xiuyue – Madam Nie will certainly be there, accompanying Nie Wuxing. This will be the first time that she stands in front of her mother. After hearing about her father’s tale, it is only natural that she would feel worried. You yourself are uncertain about how things would play out. Reaching out, your fingers find hers, and you take her hand. Surprised, she looks at you.

“Don’t worry. We’ll handle this together.”

She wags a finger at you. “Good, I’m counting on that. Just don’t anger your mother-in-law unless it’s for a reason. I suppose it’s a good thing that you don’t have any overbearing in-laws that I have to deal with.”

“Hey, I’m coming in baggage free. My parents, and any relatives I might have… they might as well be dead to me. All of the trouble is on your side,” you grin.

Qilin laughs softly. “I suppose so. Well, we will get through this somehow, the two of us. Anyway, I’ve been thinking. After this, maybe…”

“Yes?”

She shakes her head, changing her mind. “No, it’s nothing. I mean, I’ll tell you after the conference. That’s what we should focus on for now.” Standing up, she untwines her fingers from yours gently, and goes to join in the singing… where Lingshu is stretching out the song of righteousness to such an extent that, having run out of great misdeeds to apply justice to, they’re now singing about saving cats and arresting adulterers.

Taoying Island is much smaller than Yinhu Island; it was perhaps similarly sized as Tielou Island, where you had first met the Minamoto. The mansion itself stands majestically atop the sheer cliffs of the north face, built of brick and wood. You think that the view must be stunning from there. Thanks to some rough weather impeding your passage, you have arrived far later than the others. It took you the better part of the day to reach the island: when you had left it was late morning, but the sun is already setting by the time the boat finally docks at the small jetty nestled at the foot of the cliffs.

The boatman does not lead you up, but points towards a path winding up to the top. Steps have been cut into the rock. It is a rather steep climb, but none of your party would be unable to do it, even in the fading light. Almost none, you correct yourself, when you see Xuezi holding out her arms.

“Do you want it piggy-back or bridal style?” you sigh, walking over to her. As it turns out, she prefers the latter.

At the end of the climb, you arrive at the gates of the mansion. The lights are on, and you can hear the noise of festivities from the inside. It looks like you are just in time for dinner. After seeing your sword, the servants usher you in quickly, leading you to the main hall.

When you appear at the entrance of the hall, the noise dies down. You grin, still carrying Xuezi in your arms.

Shun and his entourage are already here, sitting near Guo Fu and the three Wu brothers.

Murong Yandi is sitting by himself, looking alone and uncomfortable.

Zuo Qingfeng and You Lanhai look at you for only a second before quietly returning to their meal.

On the other side of the hall are Nie Wuxing and his followers, collectively glaring at you. Zhang Minyue is with them; she has dropped her chopsticks in surprise, her mouth agape. Both Su Cheng of Kunlun and Liu Ye of Taishan are also here, as are their best disciples, Liu Qi and Su Liaojing. The Taishan Seven have occupied a table all to themselves. Bai Jiutian, the Twin Flowers and Madam Nie are sitting at the side. You wink at Bai, and she scowls at you in return. Nie Mudan and Nie Shuixian whisper amongst themselves, darting suspicious glances at you. Madam Nie, on the other hand…

Well, it’s clear where Qilin gets her looks from, and it’s certainly not her father.

She is staring right at you… no, right past you. You glance behind briefly, and see the object of her gaze. It is not surprising at all; she is looking at her daughter, and Qilin is making a point of not staring back – her gaze is fixed on you.

You look around the hall again. This is certainly going to be a troublesome conference.

At the end of the meal, everyone retires to their chambers. It did not take long before every one of your friends are gathered in your chamber. Apparently you had missed a quick briefing at the start of the dinner, where the veiled host had shown off the Xuanyuan Sword to prove that it was in her possession.

“Even with that veil, I can tell that it was not Lady Ji,” says Xiahou Yu firmly. “The rumours of the host being her sister might be true.”

“Regardless, Wudang stands with you,” says Wu Jin, the eldest of the three brothers. “We would not have a voice in the first place had you not slain the Sword Demon and returned to us our sect’s treasure.” It looks like they have agreed to entrust you with the lead.

“I’ll back your words too,” offers Murong Yandi. “I didn’t receive any instruction from my master other than to attend, and to be honest the other group rather irritates me.”

Together with Lingshu and you, it means that four of the Great Sword wielders have formed a bloc. There are nine present: the others would be Nie Wuxing, Liu Qi, Zhang Minyue, Zuo Qingfeng and You Lanhai. Of those, you expect Zuo and his wife to stand together, though whose side they would fall on is another matter. Instead of his master, Liu Qi appears to be the designated wielder of Taishan’s sword, as recognized by the host. You are still unsure what to push for at the actual conference tomorrow.

“I know Liu Qi,” says Lingshu. “We’ve sparred a few times before this, as representatives of our sects. Perhaps I can talk to him.”

There is a knock at the door. Xiaofang goes to open it, and upon seeing the visitor, she – no, he, you remind yourself – calls out, “Xu Jing, there is a w… wait, I mean… someone is looking for you.”

You head for the door, passing by a puzzled Xiaofang.

In front of you stands Bai Jiutian, in full male mode. She seems to be puffing out her chest more than usual, standing masculinely.

“Hello,” you smile in greeting. “Do you want to join us?”

“Perish the thought,” she sniffs. “I am here because my master has a message for you.”

“I hope it’s nothing rude.”

“He is a gentleman, unlike you. My master is offering a meeting tonight, at the courtyard pavilion. He wants to discuss the conference tomorrow peaceably – he says that he knows you are not here to make trouble, and would like things to be resolved amicably. It will just be you, shifu and shimu. Of course, you can bring along that Wudu girl if you want. That was what my shimu added.”

“Well, that’s interesting,” says Qilin, standing behind you. “It’s so interesting that I would be interested.

Bai’s gaze drifts towards her. “Yes. I suppose it is.”

After telling you that Nie Wuxing would be at the pavilion about an hour later regardless of what you choose to do, Bai Jiutian takes her leave as quickly as she came.

A. You meet with Nie Wuxing. Qilin is not likely to stay away even if you tell her to, so you will have to bring her along. Regardless of Nie’s plans, you think it is probably best to hear out what he has to say - it is likely to be important.

B. You go with Lingshu to meet Liu Qi. If you can sway him away from supporting his master, you would gain the majority in this conference, as well as obtain another orthodox ally on your side.

C. You head off to meet with Zuo Qingfeng and You Lanhai. Perhaps you can talk them into supporting you by providing them with an update on their children’s situation. Yunzi seems to be interested in going along for this one.

D. You venture out to look for Zhang Minyue. She does not seem to be wholly tied to Nie’s group, and as you saved her life before, she might be partial to listening to you. You might even gain an insight about the Zhang clan’s goals. Murong Yandi would likely go along with you if you wanted.

E. You attempt to find the mysterious hostess of the conference, and perhaps the Xuanyuan Sword. If you can steal it before the conference tomorrow, you will have won before it has even started. Xuezi is willing to back you up here with her full strength, if necessary - she likes the direct approach.

Last edited:

Tribute

Arbiter
Basically all of these are good options, though C probably has the lowest chance of working. I just hope the other side hasn't already pulled sufficient strings to get the children released somehow.

Baltika9

Arcane
A, no contest. We said we'll be there for her to help get with her family, now's the time.

This is nothing else but a call-out to Qilin by her mother and she will definitely go. That's how Father Tianxie lost his wife.

Nevill

Arcane
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
“Don’t worry. We’ll handle this together.”
[...]
Qilin laughs softly. “I suppose so. Well, we will get through this somehow, the two of us. Anyway, I’ve been thinking. After this, maybe…”

“Yes?”

She shakes her head, changing her mind. “No, it’s nothing. I mean, I’ll tell you after the conference. That’s what we should focus on for now.”
Madam Nie, on the other hand…

Well, it’s clear where Qilin gets her looks from, and it’s certainly not her father.

She is staring right at you… no, right past you. You glance behind briefly, and see the object of her gaze. It is not surprising at all; she is looking at her daughter, and Qilin is making a point of not staring back – her gaze is fixed on you.
Uh-oh. I have an extremely bad feeling about this one.

Wouldn't want to let Qilin face them alone, and she just might. She wanted to confront her mother for some time now.

If we can ensure she won't go anywhere tonight, I'd think about attending other guests. Otherwise I don't think I have a choice. Hell, she straight out said that she was interested.

A. This in not something I would risk.

Don't know what happened with her mom twenty years ago, but it won't happen here again.

Last edited:

Tribute

Arbiter
Baltika raises a good point. I'll go with A for now, though knowing Codex discuss there will be passionate arguments for other options before this is over.

Kz3r0

Arcane
The boatman does not lead you up, but points towards a path winding up to the top. Steps have been cut into the rock. It is a rather steep climb, but none of your party would be unable to do it, even in the fading light. Almost none, you correct yourself, when you see Xuezi holding out her arms.

“Do you want it piggy-back or bridal style?” you sigh, walking over to her. As it turns out, she prefers the latter.
Achievement unlocked, you have unblocked the Eternal Loli path in your harem route.

Votan:
E
A

Last edited:

Nevill

Arcane
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
She shakes her head, changing her mind. “No, it’s nothing. I mean, I’ll tell you after the conference. That’s what we should focus on for now.”
Am I imagining things, or does anyone else think she might be pregnant? I mean, that would be one topic she would not want to discuss with the conference ahead of us.

E: I think its silly to expect that the wielder of the SUPREME PLUS SWORD wouldn't be ready for being bum-rushed by some epic-level pugilist(s), even if its full-power Xuezi that can eat Greats for breakfast.
I think we are forgetting that whoever sealed Xuezi's powers was implied to have access to the Jiuyin manual, and its last known location was Taoying Island.

Last edited:

Tribute

Arbiter
She either thinks she's pregnant or she really does want to get on this marriage thing.

We'd better make sure she doesn't take any blows to the abdomen or ingest any poisons.

Anyway, I’ve been thinking. After this, maybe…”
This part makes it sounds like she wants to propose something, rather than announcing something she thinks has already happened, though.

Fangshi

Arcane
Hmm... a little B&E with a magic loli? Well damn can't resist that.

Voting:

E, as the quickest path to liberating the sword.

D>B>E>C

Last edited:

Akkudakku

Arbiter
After a little thought I'm changing my vote to A>B>D. Just so we don't fuck up this whole royal pardon affair.

(While we might find some info about our 'demon' in the library, but then again we might get it after the conference.)

TOME

Cuckmaster General
Probably a waste of time, but we promised Qilin. A.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom