Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

[LP CYOA] 傳

tropic

Scholar
Ack, so B was the better choice.

Well, I motion we preserve our arm and hope Cao'er can reattach it when she gets back.
Yes, it seems like the swords might have saved our arm.

It would be nice if Cao'er could reattach it, but I doubt treave will let us off that easily.

This was probably the chapter climax, right? treave said the story was almost over, so we probably have a few more choices that may (or may not) affect the epilogue. It does seem we have unfinished business:

Zhang clan - although with the sword and given his incredible talent, Shun should control them relatively easily.

Chi You / Lost Love - maybe we blew this by never meeting the astrologer?

Xuezi - maybe that lady was the one who sealed her, and she will now be freed

Also, if Shun did WQS that lady - wow.

Voting B - he certainly needs the sword more than we do.

Baltika9

Arcane
Sheee-it. Should've taken Old Yang's training, that arm was only holding us back.
A, accept this as a sign of Imperial favour. Will give our Cult some mad street cred.

Absinthe

Arcane
No we fucked up in a number of ways:

1) Not unleashing Xuezi
2) Not bringing Armaiti
3) Not picking the swords option

Absinthe

Arcane
No, I voted against unleashing Xuezi and for the unarmed option.

I wanted to flop to B, tbh, but with C poised to win if the vote splits, I didn't want to risk it.

Akkudakku

Arbiter
A. Just need to unlock it. Or it might be that he wants us to succed him if something bad happens. For immortal emperor Jing!

Also.
:negative:
Fuck, my arm!

Elfberserker

Liturgist
Guys think positevely!
IF we are ever going to back to this setting and Xu Jing will be the villain then he will be easier to defeat when he has no longer two arms

Lets see how many limbs we can chop off before all of this ends
:kwafuckyeah:

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
Xuezi would have successfully kept Shun from getting wounded, held out long enough for the altar to be broken, then stomped the veiled woman in a straight techniques fight thanks to her supreme mastery of kungfu and allow Shun to walk right up to the frozen immortal and stab her (after Xuezi's interrogated her enough).

The rest... eh, that's all I'll say. If you think the other options would have been better, great. If you think the other options would have been worse, that's great too! :M

Kz3r0

Arcane
No we fucked up in a number of ways:

1) Not unleashing Xuezi
Her techniques are the same as the innortal at best, what would have changed apart using her as a meatshield?
2) Not bringing Armaiti
I don't know, what would have changed?
Besides I have voted for bringing everyone with us, I can argue that anyone dispersing our team made the worst choice.
3) Not picking the swords option
Could be, but you are forgetting that your suggested option of taking the sword from Shun would have killed him.

Last edited:

Esquilax

Arcane
Excellent, this arm was holding us back all along and it was a worthy price for our sins of WQS-popamole. We shall provide Shun with the sword, cut off our other arm, in addition to both of our legs, then become Central Great whilst only being able to move via levitation thanks to our tremendous qi.

B

Tigranes

Arcane
B would still have had the better outcome, though.

Somehow C became the competing vote though, which really sucked.

Tbh I was expecting A to result in -1 arm, but C was looking total fail.

:roll:

Well what happened happened. I actually suspect unleashing Xuezi would have had consequences later down the line, i.e. she wouldn't be such a compliant puppy following us around after that. treave do we now have any understanding of what Shun was going on about when he kept saying 'don't worry I got this'? Was he really just putting up a brave front? That part would be good info for interacting with him later on.

I wonder whether the immortal is really dead, we know so little about their metaphysics that we can't be sure. She could be one of those recurring enemies.

As for the vote, I'm currently inclined to B. It could be a great weapon but we've got even less arms for all these swords now, it seems to protect Shun, Shun seems intent on getting into danger he can't handle, etc.

Kz3r0

Arcane
Xuezi would have successfully kept Shun from getting wounded, held out long enough for the altar to be broken, then stomped the veiled woman in a straight techniques fight thanks to her supreme mastery of kungfu and allow Shun to walk right up to the frozen immortal and stab her (after Xuezi's interrogated her enough).

The rest... eh, that's all I'll say. If you think the other options would have been better, great. If you think the other options would have been worse, that's great too! :M
You are trolling, aren't you?

Absinthe

Arcane
Of course he is.

Also, he is suggesting that all the options were fucked when we picked up a solo battle against the immortal.

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
treave do we now have any understanding of what Shun was going on about when he kept saying 'don't worry I got this'? Was he really just putting up a brave front? That part would be good info for interacting with him later on.

You still have no idea, and he just says he would've figured a way out one way or another.

Akkudakku

Arbiter
From this day on Im devoting my life to creating a time machine so we can avoid failures!

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
Uh, if you go back and look at the options in that update, they both talk about doing something. I'm not sure where the impression that unsealing Xuezi would muck up Shun's plans came about.

Absinthe

Arcane
Shun had a sword to his throat and insisted everything was fine.

We assumed that unsealing Xuezi was therefore unnecessary and just going to hurt her.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom