Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

[LP CYOA] 傳

Absinthe

Arcane
Qi Liuwu was kicking more ass than Jing was. At this stage, fighting is more or less out of the question. We will need to let Xuezi and our crew kick folk's asses for us. Jing cannot really fight anymore.

I still motion we control the demon and use its powers to recover the arm. If need be, we recruit Shun's efforts in locating Mr. Exorcist for this task.

Last edited:

Esquilax

Arcane
He was kicking more ass before this. Now, at this stage, fighting is out of the question. We will need to let Xuezi and our crew kick folk's asses for us. Jing cannot really fight anymore.

I still motion we control the demon and use its powers to recover the arm. I say we recruit Shun's efforts in locating Mr. Exorcist for this task.

No question that Qi is nowhere near the powerhouse that he was before considering that Zhang Jue didn't think him worthy of a sparring session, but we don't know if (a) the demon that has possessed us has those powers, and (b) Jing doesn't even know he's possessed, so how would it occur to him to ask for an exorcist like Zhong Hai - who we don't know for sure is equipped to deal with something of this magnitude - in the first place? We're stuck with this, and I don't see Jing backing out of the Huashan Summit with our demonic possession afflicting us, so I guess our best bet is to get the other two manuals. Maybe learning them will have some effects of restoration - I believe we were talking along those lines way back in the DISCUSS!!! in reference to the properties of the Jiuyang manual.

Point is, we're set on this path, but we might still have some options, so let's not be all doom-and-gloom just yet.

Absinthe

Arcane
Why search out the exorcist? Because jianghu troubles became distinctly less important when Jing lost his ability compete in the jianghu. Hence, we go back to investigating the sword demon. We still have reason to believe he wasn't human, and maybe the Exorcist knows magic healing rituals.

Esquilax

Arcane
Why search out the exorcist? Because jianghu troubles became distinctly less important when Jing lost his ability compete in the jianghu. Hence, we go back to investigating the sword demon. We still have reason to believe he wasn't human, and maybe the Exorcist knows magic healing rituals.

Why would Xu Jing investigate a man who he killed in single combat and is no longer a threat or really relevant at all in the first place? If the Sword Demon is dead, I don't see why Jing would care. I get it, we've had a bad run of choices lately, but the motivation here is extremely flimsy.

And really, that's not mentioning the fact that "fuck it" options are no longer open to us because of the possession regardless.

Elfberserker

Liturgist
Look guys.
Lets decide what we do, when the next update comes.

I know that losing the arm suck, but we can still fight.
Yuchang sword is still pretty good even with one arm and we have decent base techniques base for developing more techniques for it.
We still have our neigongs, so we can still potentially learn eye lasers and finger lasers.
Furthermore we still have our legs and there are plenty of good kicking techniques out there. Heck we could even ask our girls to teach leg techniques " coughDuncaolegscough".

Lets just take it one step at a time.

Absinthe

Arcane
Because there was something extremely disturbing about the way he absorbed those swords and considering the demon's influence is low right now, Jing should be able to work out there was something strange about how he defeated that demon. His best bet of investigating what went on would be to find the exorcist.

Esquilax

Arcane
Say, treave, considering we saved the Emperor's life and we have a good relationship with Shaolin, would they be willing to throw in a nice consolation gift on account of our lost arm?

The regular members do normal endurance exercises for years. There's a powerful technique that increases endurance rapidly in addition to bumping neigong greatly, but you don't have permission to learn that. Unless you steal it.

They're a patriotic sect that is supported by the government, surely that's gotta be worth something to them. Ah well, I suppose we'll see. The silver lining here is that the more limbs we lose, the less of an attractive host we become for the demon.

Baltika9

Arcane
Ahem. What are we bitching about here?
In wuxia losing body parts only makes you more MAXIMUM FUCK.

My original draft for Yang Xue, coincidentally, had him just a head and torso, and he moved around by rolling on a huge rock he was chained to.
We already went FUCK IT for our entire jianghu career. The logical thing to do is to kick that into overdrive and go MAXIMUM FUCK for what we have left.

Baltika9

Arcane
Thou art a disgrace to Lord Zhang and His teachings. We just need to learn qi projection and create an arm from our own qi.
Or find the Cheif Metalworker of Shaolin and request a steampunk arm from him.
Or just apply the principles of the Fiery Eye of the Serpent Tyrant and turn our stump into a qi cannon.
Or just pick our vagina off the ground and deal with it.

Baltika9

Arcane
“It is probably time to leave the island, but first…” Shun glances at the Xuanyuan Sword, and holds it out to you.

You stare at him wordlessly.

The Emperor laughs. “Go on, take it in your hand. The one you have left. Give it a try.”

Just a little tentatively, you close your fingers around the sword’s leather-wrapped hilt.

“What do you think?” he asks.

Waving it around a little, you say, “It… feels just like a normal, old sword. A bit heavier than usual… like it’s a bit reluctant in my hands, but nothing special.” Certainly, it’s not showing any special properties like it does with Shun. You wouldn’t try to block any crazy shadow energy blasts with it.

Shun closes his eyes and nods thoughtfully. “I see. Well, do you want to borrow it for a while?”

You stare at him again. “What are you up to?”

“I just thought it could help you, since you are short an arm and all,” he grins. “No, actually, I intended this from the start. If you don’t want this honour, I’ll just keep it and think about another reward for you.”
Flopping to B, since the Xuanyuan isn't nearly as special with us as it is with Shun and I'd rather have something that fits us better.
Might flip back, might not.

Elfberserker

Liturgist
I wonder how crazy codex will go, if one of our bros or waifus got murdered/captured or mutilated.
Losing this arm is nothing to compared to that.

I am bit interested about that other reward that Shu could offer to us, since Yuchang sword suits us better than that boss sword. Then again that sword might contain pretty crazy abilities, so we could use it to compensate our arm, once we get used to wielding it.

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
It's a bit sad what losing an arm will do to a person, isn't it? Never the same afterwards.

As for Shaolin, you didn't lose it in service to them, so they don't technically owe you anything. You don't really have the spare time to be running around desperately trying to compensate for your loss anyway. Things to do, quests to tackle.

Absinthe

Arcane
Nah, that's all someone else's problem now. All those quests are irrelevant.

I motion we find the exorcist and regenerate the arm.

Elfberserker

Liturgist
Putting current tally here.
you guys know the trill, check any missing votes or correct mer

Tally:

Smashing axe A
Kz3r0 A
Elfberserker A
Akkudakku A
Azira A
Chumbucket A
Kashim SLippers A

Eryfkrad B
asxetos B
The brazilian slaughter B
Absinthe B
Fangshi B
tropic B
Esquilax B
Baltika9 B
Nevill B
Tribute B2>B1

Option A: 7

Option B: 10

Huh? That's surpprise.
A is actually winning currently.

Edit: Baltika vote corrected

Edit: Tribute and nevill added

Last edited:

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
1. You spend as much time as necessary dabbling in the supernatural and hunting for people who can restore your arm. You are useless to everyone who needs you otherwise.

2. You move on.

Knock yourselves out, this vote will go for 12 hours.

Nevill

Arcane
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
The royal sword belongs with the ruler.

Yuchang sword symbolizes bravery and that is what we'll keep. B.

The final showdown in the series will be one-armed Jing against one-armed immortal-Yang Xue-WQS-Jiuyin-Jiuyang empowered zhang manxing. It wouldn't be a legend if we didn't let him have a chance, would it?

Edit: Naturally, 2 as well.

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom