Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

[LP CYOA] 傳

Smashing Axe

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin
Clearly, 1 is the way to break our possesssion since we're forsaking everyone who needs us! Success!

2- There's no saying we can't go chasing after windmills afterwards.

Tribute

Arbiter
No, we're fucked.

Jing had a good run. Time to retire from the jianghu. Unless we can use those manuals and other bullshit to regenerate an arm, we're not going to be able to fight from here on out.
I distinctly remember Zhang Jue telling Jing that he'll end up more powerful than ZJ himself ever could even without an arm.

Or was he talking about the other arm? :lol:

Absinthe

Arcane
He was talking about "once I train you to be a one-armed badass." Unfortunately our training assumed two arms.

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
No, no, with 1 you're getting your arm back because you can't help anybody otherwise. The reasoning will remain consistent.

Elfberserker

Liturgist
Tally for Arm or no arm

tally:

Absinthe 1

Nevill 2
Baltika9 2
Smashing Axe 2
Tribute B2>B1

Searching the arm: 1

Continuing: 4

I am going to keep seperate tally for this you popamoles

:rpgcodex:

Last edited:

Absinthe

Arcane
Hey, there are some awesome things about voting 1:
  • We meet up with exorcist-bro.
  • We get the demon under control.
  • We regenerate our arm.
  • We could learn some magic since it's a given now that we get involved in a lot of stupidly dangerous supernatural shit.
  • Our little girl (Song Lingshu) gets to take wing and do what we promised her the opportunity to do: To kick major ass in the jianghu and take names, rather than staying under Jing's shadow.

Speaking of which, Lingshu was useless in rescuing the emperor too. She was literally +1 swords.

Last edited:

Tribute

Arbiter
B2>B1, although the fact that both our Sword and Unarmed skills are now down to 6 is going to hurt us a lot.

It also occurs that picking B instead of A two choices ago fed the demon. Choosing to put ourselves at insane risk to spare pain for our friend who could have solved this handily herself if we let her take the risk?

Absinthe

Arcane
Tribute, our strength and agility are down too.

And if you want to get the demon under control, then finding the exorcist would be a very good idea.

At this stage we can leave the political battles to folks like Shun and Xiahou Yu, and the fighting battles to people who can actually fight, like Song Lingshu.

Tribute

Arbiter
I don't really care about the demon one way or the other, I just find it funny that B won there when so many people are freaking out about the demon so often.

And yeah, our Sword and Unarmed are down because our Strength is down (or possibly Agility). Our cap got lowered on us.

Absinthe

Arcane
Hm, that's a good point. Treave, don't our skill caps need to be adjusted down like Pressure Points was when we lost our eye?

Tribute

Arbiter
Do we actually have anything else we need to do before the Huashan Summit?

Are we planning on going back to ZJ and going "Hey master, I kind of just lost my arm, can you help me get back up to form"?

Absinthe

Arcane
Nah, we're planning on dabbling with the supernatural, so we'd be looking for the ghost catcher, of course.

Elfberserker

Liturgist
Ok.
Putting another tally combined with sword vote and arm vote, so we can all have nice one post tally

Sword tally:

Smashing axe A
Kz3r0 A
Elfberserker A
Akkudakku A
Azira A
Chumbucket A
Kashim SLippers A
Jester A

Eryfkrad B
asxetos B
The brazilian slaughter B
Absinthe B
Fangshi B
tropic B
Esquilax B
Baltika9 B
Nevill B
Tribute B2>B1

Ifeex X

Option A: 8

Option B: 9

Arm tally:

Nevill 2
Baltika 2
Smashing Axe 2
Tribute B2>B1
Kashim Slippers 2
Kz3r0 2
Chumbucket 2

Absinthe 1
Akkudakku 1
Ifeex 1

Arm restoration: 3

Not arm restoration: 7

I swear, if there will be another voting session coming during this voting session then someone else can count the tally

:x

Last edited:

tropic

Scholar
I kind of agree with Absinthe that we are effectively finished as a serious contender, even with such illustrious masters.

We did, however, save Shun and put divine right to rule (in sword form) back in his hands. Fire Cult amnesty is virtually guaranteed - furthermore, Huashan is embarassed because they failed to protect the emperor and tried to snatch the sword. Do we even need the Summit to declare political victory?

treave's tone in the add-on vote seems sarcastic and dismissive though, and the LP ends after the Huashan Summit anyway... so voting 1 seems to be voting to end the LP and hoping for a slightly happier epilogue in the form of an exorcism.

Elfberserker

Liturgist
I want a big wooden dildo to replace our arm or at laest that magnetic steel arm from berserk guy.

You know the one with bigass sword with metal arm, who slays demons for breakfest

Absinthe

Arcane
Tribute, the main plan is to use the demon's power to regenerate the arm. Normally that would result in a bad end, but if we can find the exorcist, then we could control the demon and regenerate it. From Jing's perspective, he will be looking into supernatural solutions to regenerate his arm, so the foremost expert on the supernatural (Mr #1 Ghost-catcher) would be the right place to start.

Oh, and there's something else to consider about this trip. We might get Cao'er to break the skill cap on herbalism since we're adding magic healing.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom