Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

[LP CYOA] 傳

Nevill

Arcane
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Hold it!

I sense a terrible injustice has been done. There were so many options that we didn't notice a person missing.

treave, where is zhang Minyue on the poll? She is coming with us, right? Why didn't we even consider talking to her?

Nevill

Arcane
Flopping to

X. Huashan Twins
XIV. Orthodox bros
XV. zhang Minyue

We need to expand our horizons. A new, untamed land stirs the spirit of adventure and exploration in me. For the first time in a long while we have access to the maidens of Huashan. Let's not waste our chance.

Last edited:

Elfberserker

Liturgist
How the hell did we keep missing Zhang Minyue that for so long!?
Flopping to

A
XV. Zhang Minyue
X Hueshan Twins
XIV Taishan and Kunlun discpline

What is even more strange that none of you don't want to talk our favorite bumbling sword master Nie wuxin.
I hope I can at laest salvage this situation with twins.
:rpgcodex:

Nevill

Arcane
When you asked how plausible is it that he is fed up with the skullduggery and wants out, well... it isn't very likely. You can feel arrogance and vanity radiating from him from a mile away. Even in this very update he tried to undermine our standing with the others, and was upset about the fact the idea of the journey was attributed to us and not to him. He is in it for glory, and he is in it deep.

So no wonder no one wants to talk to him. It would only serve to troll him anyway, and if so, our time is better spent on the twins. Besides, from the little we've seen or heard of them, they are actually decent people, if very annoyed with us.

Actually, a conversation with them might work in our favor better that a direct attempt to outsmart Madam Nie. If they think their parents are shining beacons of justice, they are more likely to drop a hint of what they are up to, - even if the twins don't know it themselves, - as they don't feel like they have anything to hide.

Last edited:

Elfberserker

Liturgist
I thought that our little troupe knew that she was Holy maiden after the tower incident, since some other masters tried to stop them.
I think that He acted as he did, because he felt that he needed to act that way as their leader. Not to mention he did try to defuse the situation with our MTP even if he acted it from orthodox diplomacy textbook.

Besides we were kind of dick (with good reasons ) to him during confederacy, by stealing his spotlight...And they still think that they have real legendary emporor sword, so they naturally try to be protective of it.
He still tries to become our "ally" in his own way....Either using us or getting out of Zhang clan sinking ship.

TOME

Cuckmaster General
A
II Cao'er
- we have ignored her too many times and we have to make amends.
VI Xuezi - she isn's tied to our group like the rest are. I'm sure Madam Nie could talk her on their side if given the chance. That's why I want to keep her happy.
XIV Liu Qi and Su Liaojing - These guys knew the Emperor and saw Jing helping him. And now they know the Sword Saint gave his arm to Jing. We aren't going to get a better chance to influence these guys.

I don't get this yunzimania. That girl has always been hot tempered and her response to the orthodox wasn't anything special, she just threw their insult back at them.

Nevill

Arcane
He still tries to become our "ally" in his own way....Either using us or getting out of Zhang clan sinking ship.
Not him, actually. His wife. If not for her, he would never have offered his daughter as a bribe, or even considered talking to us, since he would also never have guessed that we are the Emperor's agent.

He is, ultimately, just a puppet.

Last edited:

Elfberserker

Liturgist
I think that he actually cares about his daughters by not actually proposing them to every cloth tripping pervert...And I think it was madam Nie who pushed twin flowers to be engaged with Zhang maxing.

Nie Wuxing still holds consirable power in Hueshan and not to mention he has near perfect reputation in orthodox world.
Madam Nie might be pulling strings from shadow, but Nie Wuxing is puppet with consirable strenght in influence as well as personal.

Before knowing that we are Emporors right hand, he didn't have any reason to trying to ally us.
Us as in highly unorthodox traveller, who just happens to be appearance of man who murdered his master and stripped his daughter in Young tiger tournament. In alternative universe he even tried to recruit us to hueshan before he knew we were MTP...

I think ultimately he is bit of bumbling fool in real intrique outside of your usual orthodox politics.

Kipeci

Arcane
- II VIII XV

With no confirmation on the arm romance path, I can't vote for the first option. A seems pretty likely to win, though, so we should probably talk with Cao'er to get tips on any exercizes we might need to do to restore full function earlier. She can see the qi and how it is channeled through the arm directly, so that's probably a good idea.

The Sword Saint is another one to talk to. Being that it is his arm, he knows its capacities the best and besides it's only polite to thank him for it. (That, and also we don't spend much time around him... I'd like to get a better idea of what he has planned.)

Finally, we should talk to Zhang Minyue because it seems that she should be one of the friendlier people on that side given our actions during the battle against the demon, and obviously we should take the chance to pick her brain if possible.

Nevill

Arcane
The twins are gaining traction! Two more votes, and we are set for some major Huashan trollan.

Baltika9

Arcane
We should probably leave Yunzi as a winning vote. You know, to coordinate ams nor fuck up too bad with Rob's arrival. And investigate Armaiti's amputee fetish, of course.

Nevill

Arcane
treave, how long is the journey going to take? Do we have any idea if Jing wants to talk with Yunzi and Armaiti (if he does) about something in particular?

I keep hearing about coordinating our actions across the board for when the rest of the Amesha Spenta arrive, but I don't know if that is wishful thinking or an actual thing.

Or are we not supposed to know because that would be no fun? :D (that would be absolutely fine, BTW)

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
Uh, what is there to coordinate? You can probably either join up with Vairya in public and give no fucks, or have them standby and trail you like you would have in B. That's going to be decided only when they arrive and taking into consideration which mess you're involved in at the time, I figure.
There's not going to be much chances to pick who to talk to after this particular choice, or rather, this will be quite important in shaping the possible interactions for the remainder of the journey to Xiangyang.

Kipeci

Arcane
With no Fire Cult coordination to speak of, we should focus on improving our new arm and talk to the sole semi-friendly Zhang clan member.

Akkudakku

Arbiter
With no Fire Cult coordination to speak of, we should focus on improving our new arm and talk to the sole semi-friendly Zhang clan member.
No, it's a trap, she has some crazy veneric disease that almost killed the Sword Saint god damn it!

Baltika9

Arcane
There's not going to be much chances to pick who to talk to after this particular choice, or rather, this will be quite important in shaping the possible interactions for the remainder of the journey to Xiangyang.
And what I'm saying is that, since are the ones responsible for keeping our side in line, we ought to talk to Yunzi and make sure her head is on straight. It won't do to have her fly off the handle from Douchebag meddling.
The Vairya thing was debunked, I figured there would have been some dramatic 'Oh shi- Xu Jing, what is the meaning of this!'

Last edited:

Kipeci

Arcane
Was the quote button taken out recently for some sort of trolling? Typing it out is more irritating.

No, it's a trap, she has some crazy veneric disease that almost killed the Sword Saint god damn it!

With as many suitors as they're offering the twins to I'm not sure that they're any better. :P

And what I'm saying is that, since are the ones responsible for keeping our side in line, we ought to talk to Yunzi and make sure her head is on straight. It won't do to have her fly off the handle from Douchebag meddling.

Armaiti's on the case for that, not to mention that the Sword Saint has laid it down to everyone not to antagonize the other. I don't think the chance of her having a battle with some of the others is worth jeopardizing the status of our arm more than we have already, and if we're just going to talk within our harem group then why bother following these guys closely anyway?

Baltika9

Arcane
We did give our word that we'll keep our house in order, which means managing the chips on everyone's shoulders. Armaiti can prevent a fight, but not Yunzi's running-of-the-mouth which can cause problems for us. An ounce of prevention is worth more than a pound of the cure, as the saying goes.

BJ is on my vote list for the info, and Cao'er for help with our arm. It's me then just 'lolharem.'

Nevill

Arcane
With as many suitors as they're offering the twins to I'm not sure that they're any better. :P
Nah. No one wants them. Not manxing, not Bai, and not us. Maybe that's why the parents are so desperate to drop them on someone. They'll die virgins unless we help them.

Anyway. Based on this:
treave said:
I kind of figure that talking to reasonable orthodox people in their respective sects - Su Liaojing, Liu Qi and Bai Jiutian - might save us a lot of trouble later. I don't really buy this 'prevention' stuff. And what effect Xuezi, or better yet, Cao'er are going to have on our interaction with the rest of them? The arm is going to heal anyway, since that is what we are voting, and it's not like our medic would hinder the recovery process out of spite if we don't talk to her. I don't really understand why it would help us - not to say that it definitely wouldn't.

It just turned into a date sim at this point.

Last edited:

Elfberserker

Liturgist
Excallent, yet another vote for Kunlun and Taishan disciplines.
I have to feel sorry for Nevill thought, if there will be mass flopping in making here.

We believe and are thankful for your contribution Nevill:salute:

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
Brofu/Waifu Ranking Chart:

IX. Bai Jiutian - 14
II. Cao'er - 8
X. Huashan Twins - 8
VI. Xuezi - 7
V. Yunzi & Armaiti - 6
XIV. Liu Qi & Su Liaojing - 6
XV. Zhang Minyue - 5
VII. Guo Fu & Wu Brothers - 3
VIII. Sword Saint & Murong Yandi - 2
XII. Madam Nie - 1
I. Chi Qilin - 1
III. Yifang - 1
IV. Song Lingshu - 1
XI. Nie Wuxing - 0
XIII. Liu Ye & Su Cheng - 0

Poor Yifang. :(

I'll close and update in 12 hours.

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom