Official RPG Codex Discord Server

1. Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.
    Dismiss Notice

[LP CYOA] 傳

Discussion in 'Choose Your Own Adventure Land' started by treave, Aug 29, 2013.

1. Nevill Arcane

Nevill
    Shadorwun: Hong Kong
    It does sound like we don't have enough Bai points for her to share something really useful with us right now.

Still, it feels somewhat strange to try and build a proper cooperative relationship while undermining her fight with Pang Xiaohu.

I do not want to tell her everything, since it is not our secret to tell (Heavens fighting against Shun is kind of a huge deal, as far as his legitimacy is concerned), and I just know Madam Nie will find a way to use it against us. A half-truth is probably acceptable here. She'll figure the rest eventually, but by then it might be already late for zhangs.

Maybe I should not get involed with Xiaohu, after all. Or maybe I should go all the way and help Bai apprehend him.

I just don't trust what is happening in the Palace anymore, and we've been told repeatedly, since the very beginning of the LP, not to get entangled in the matters of the court. I figured that Xiaohu might know something about the recent happenings. He did visit Youxia City for some reason, after all.

I'll abstain on the second choice.

Last edited: Jul 5, 2014
    ^ Top  
  2. ERYFKRAD Barbarian Patron

ERYFKRAD
    Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker
    k CA

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  3. treave Arcane Patron

treave
    Codex 2012
    This.

^ Top  
  4. Baltika9 Arcane

Baltika9
    Well, if we're going to help BJ catch Little Tiger, we're good to share the whole story, will make for a closer relationship between us.
    If we don't, then half-truth it is.

^ Top  
  5. Kz3r0 Arcane Sad Loser

Kz3r0
    :love:

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  6. Kipeci Arcane

Kipeci
    Pang would probably prefer us to specifically beat him down rather than picking on his underlings; he's always expressed concern for their safety, after all.

^ Top  
  7. Rex Feral Liturgist

Rex Feral
    Where's the option to stay out of the fight?

BC

And damn were that some shitty choices for who to speak with. Cao'er who rarely has anything to say, Bro Jiutan, who is as trustable as a snake, and two guys we barely know. Not that I have any right to complain since I havent'voted.

^ Top  
  8. Elfberserker Liturgist

Elfberserker
    Demon bro

• Brofist Brofist x 2
    ^ Top  
  9. Absinthe Arcane

Absinthe
    May as well ask treave, can we freeform a 2E - stay out of this option?

^ Top  
  10. treave Arcane Patron

treave
    Codex 2012
    No.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  11. Akkudakku Arbiter

Akkudakku
    Why do you even want to stay out of it... Why do you care enough to want to stay out of it?
    :hmmm:

Also fuck you for neglecting BJ asshats.

And if so it must be I ammend my vote to
    A>B, A>C

Pang is a dangerous fag that is chaotic neutral enough to be all :bro: when we help him and THEN he stabs us in the back. Also banditry needs to die, demon demands it - protect the innocents.

^ Top  
  12. TOME Cuckmaster General

TOME
    I don't want to go after Pang but I also don't want to fight BJ or twins. Going after Pang's men will likely get him more furious than going after him. But out of these options, BJ is most likely to understand.

BB.

I just reread the update and this caught my attention.

Maybe we shouldn't jump into the Pang vs BJ fight? Maybe we should go help (or 'help') the twins.

Flopping to BD.

Last edited: Jul 4, 2014
    ^ Top  
  13. Grimgravy Augur Patron

Grimgravy
    Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire
  14. Akkudakku Arbiter

Akkudakku
    What do you even hope to gain by sparing Pang's life? There is nothing to gain as the demonic possesion will most likely block us from working with bandits anyway.
    Also he is chaotic neutral - can't trust the guy.

^ Top  
  15. Baltika9 Arcane

Baltika9
    He's a cool bro. Bandits around and doesn't afraid of anything. Likes and respects us.

^ Top  
  16. Elfberserker Liturgist

Elfberserker
    The demonic possession comes to full force after hueshan summit, so we still have some free will left.
    Little tiger does have some sense of honor.
    It mostly boils to this:
    Don't fuck me or my men and I don't fuck you.

^ Top  
  17. Akkudakku Arbiter

Akkudakku
    He doesnt respect us. He just behaves in a way that is most convinient to him:
    - he ran from tibet
    - he cut us slack for doing anything to his men (table guy) because it was US and he didnt want a hard fight (otherwise he would just kill anyone that thread on his band most probably, have to uphold reputation)

There are not enough interactions with him to gauge if he is a 'bro' or not. But on the grounds of him being a bandit we have to assume he is a self serving bastard that wont stop at nothing when there is a profit for him.

Also a probable way how this plays out:
    - if we dont help Twins they get kidnapped, then if we let Pang run we have no bargaining chip.
    - if we dont help BJ but go for the Twins he weasels his way out by some dirty play OR if he has any honour as you say - he goes in to help his guys.

So in my opinion best options are either help BJ or help Twins (might be a better option even). In our current situation we gain nothing by helping bandits. Also letting bandits run away is a great way to 'help' the Empire...

Last edited: Jul 4, 2014
    ^ Top  
  18. Baltika9 Arcane

Baltika9
    You're a classist asshole, bro. Occupation doesn't really determine personality, especially if you're born into it (Prince of the Bandit Kingdom). A tough, bloody man he may be, but the man has a strong sense of loyalty and honor (his people and kingdom). Don't write him of because 'lolevulbandit.' He can be useful.
    treave, what are we aiming for on A? Kill him or capture him?

^ Top  
  19. Akkudakku Arbiter

Akkudakku
    The whole point of a BANDIT kingdom is that they pray on the weak. If he would care in the slightest he would do something about it, dont you think?
    He is a typical bully that treave tries to romanticize, doesnt change the fact that the guy is a thug and a dick to most people he crosses his path with.

They dont chase him for nothing.

^ Top  
  20. Baltika9 Arcane

Baltika9
    Duh. He's our murderbro.

^ Top  
  21. Akkudakku Arbiter

Akkudakku
    Not tibet jurisdiction, seems the heat is on him for other crimes too.

^ Top  
  22. Baltika9 Arcane

Baltika9
    Yeah, and? Is Jing a shining beacon of morality and righteousness?

^ Top  
  23. Akkudakku Arbiter

Akkudakku
    We dont go around stealing and murdering. And I dont see us running around terrorizing villages.

We might be a dashing rogue but in the end we solve more problems than we cause, cant say that about briggands.

Also Jing is a condom enterpenour, he doesnt have to resort to petty crime to make his living!

^ Top  
  24. TOME Cuckmaster General

TOME
    Jing himself killed a few army scouts and many many others.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.